Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: King in Black

Default King in Black

Remember that Venom is apart of Spider-man lore too so lets show some support.
    spoilers:
    love the mention of Ezekiel bunker, Love the addition of Elektra new look that was done from this weeks issue of Daredevil glad to see continuity actually matters in this. And Yeah Knull is too OP RIP Sentry isnt he one of our version of Superman
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Jman27; 12-02-2020 at 06:07 AM.
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Mighty Member

Decided to bite the bullet and order a variant of #1 seeing as how I won't receive my copy until next year.
    But I'm excited for it regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    Remember that Venom is apart of Spider-man lore too so lets show some support.
    spoilers:
    love the mention of Ezekiel bunker, Love the addition of Elektra new look that was done from this weeks issue of Daredevil glad to see continuity actually matters in this. And Yeah Knull is too OP RIP Sentry isnt he one of our version of Superman
    end of spoilers
    Yeah, spoilers:
    Sentry and Hyperion are Marvel's Superman analogues.

And wow, Bob's dead? That just shows how big a threat this is.
    end of spoilers
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Amazing issue. The Ezekiel reference was actually a surprise to me too, but it's glad to see that even now Spider-Man tried to help Eddie protect his son. Though that's mostly it for the Spider-Corner right now. Which, I mean, is looking as hopeless as all other corners right now. Knull really cleaned house.

Fantastic Member

I thought it was funny Knull was hanging onto Brock almost identical to how Kindred was holding onto Spidey on the cover of #53

No ASM tie in does bum me out I'll admit. Itd be a fun story to see Shocker, Electro, or Cardiac combating the Symbiote infested NYC, and I stand by Kindred getting involved wouldve been fun! Seems like such a missed chance for no direct tie in.

I'm guessing King in Black has to take place after the events of Last Remains, right? Man, going through Kindred's mess and now the God of the Symbiotes. At least Knull is Eddie's enemy even if Pete is caught in the crossfire.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Pattern_Maker View Post
    I'm guessing King in Black has to take place after the events of Last Remains, right? Man, going through Kindred's mess and now the God of the Symbiotes. At least Knull is Eddie's enemy even if Pete is caught in the crossfire.
    That's for Nick Lowe to decide, the timeline of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    That's for Nick Lowe to decide, the timeline of this.
    answer (he won't decide)
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    answer (he won't decide)
    That's because Nick Lowe, editor of Spider-Titles (and also Daredevil and some others), is a good editor who knows how to do his job.

Fantastic Member

Theres a 1 year time skip in the Venom issue right before this one, where King in Black immediately kicks off from. If I'd have to guess the timeline would go something like:

-Kindred speaks to Cleatus-Osborn, leaves infuriated and revives Sin-Eater immediately after

-Absolute Carnage happens

-Sins Rising/Last Remains

-Venom Beyond/Timeskip (X of Swords likely happening during timeskip too)

-King In Black

Suppose it's possible for past #60 to be KiB tie-in with Spidey if the timeline plays out like this but I'm not holding my breath

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    That's because Nick Lowe, editor of Spider-Titles (and also Daredevil and some others), is a good editor who knows how to do his job.
    Nick Lowe seems pretty laissez faire about this kind of stuff, but I guess so long as it's not interfering with anything it's not worth thinking about...

well it did acknowledge the new daredevil from todays issue at most I think it takes place after x of swords?
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Thinking about it, Nick Spencer's run has only ever tied into a single event so far, Absolute Carnage, and even then it ultimately looped back into furthering the Kindred Storyline.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kingkalamari View Post
    Theres a 1 year time skip in the Venom issue right before this one, where King in Black immediately kicks off from. If I'd have to guess the timeline would go something like:

-Kindred speaks to Cleatus-Osborn, leaves infuriated and revives Sin-Eater immediately after

-Absolute Carnage happens

-Sins Rising/Last Remains

-Venom Beyond/Timeskip (X of Swords likely happening during timeskip too)

-King In Black

Suppose it's possible for past #60 to be KiB tie-in with Spidey if the timeline plays out like this but I'm not holding my breath
    I was thinking the time skip only really occured in that timeline and when they returned to 616, they were at a similar time to when they left.

My guess is that it takes place just after or towards the end of Last Remains. Then again, Spider-man has largely been separate from the other titles for a while, only ducking into Venom for a couple issues and then ducking out.

marvel timeskips are completely meaningless and marvel editorial doesn't care at all, this affects no one but venom and you can put it wherever
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate