Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: King in Black

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    Thinking about it, Nick Spencer's run has only ever tied into a single event so far, Absolute Carnage, and even then it ultimately looped back into furthering the Kindred Storyline.
    2099 as well. By far Nick Spencer's worst arc on TASM to date.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Batman Begins 2005 View Post
    2099 as well. By far Nick Spencer's worst arc on TASM to date.
    That was more of a 'this is a thing we're doing' rather than a big crossover event. Spencer was the one who was even leading it. In fact, you could read it w/o the Alpha and Omega issues and it would still make sense.

But agreed, it was his worst arc.

Incredible Member

I absolutely 100% detest Sentry as a whole. I always thought the character was super **** and then Bendis went and tried to change his origin or add to his origin during the Siege event and I just couldn’t stand the character ever again. However, last I heard he had his own mini recently. I swear though that in that series Bob’s Sentry persona merged with the Void and became some hybrid who had been wearing Pink. Did this not happen? Why is bob all back to his “omg no the void” BS?

Quote Originally Posted by xpyred View Post
    I absolutely 100% detest Sentry as a whole. I always thought the character was super **** and then Bendis went and tried to change his origin or add to his origin during the Siege event and I just couldn’t stand the character ever again. However, last I heard he had his own mini recently. I swear though that in that series Bob’s Sentry persona merged with the Void and became some hybrid who had been wearing Pink. Did this not happen? Why is bob all back to his “omg no the void” BS?
    It happened in Agents of Wakanda if I recall correctly.
    Because if you can count on one thing with Marvel, it's that they'll undo good character progression.
    #EmmaWasRight

Are you enjoying this event? I find it a bit boring to be honest. I like Edgelords like Knull, he's so over the top - but his attack on earth isn't anything interesting. Symbiotes here, symbiotes there, oh and Eddie is somewhere there too.

Wonder how it's going to turn out.

Quote Originally Posted by Dzika_Sowa View Post
    Are you enjoying this event? I find it a bit boring to be honest. I like Edgelords like Knull, he's so over the top - but his attack on earth isn't anything interesting. Symbiotes here, symbiotes there, oh and Eddie is somewhere there too.

Dylan is the one person on Earth who can defeat Knull. Its obvious for a while now. I enjoyed issue 1. Haven't made it to the LCS yet this week to pick up Venom issue.

Fantastic Member

I'm a big Symbiote fan so I'm enjoying it so far, even if one issue is just Eddie falling the entire issue. Also excited for the crossovers with the X-books/GotG and the Thunderbolts miniseries.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingkalamari View Post
    I'm a big Symbiote fan so I'm enjoying it so far, even if one issue is just Eddie falling the entire issue. Also excited for the crossovers with the X-books/GotG and the Thunderbolts miniseries.
    Hopefully the crossovers actually are acknowledge this time around I didn't like how in miles tie in he control the symbiote only for Cates to ignore it next issue
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

looks like I was wrong Peter did not save Eddie from his fall. But he was proclaim to be kill by Tony due to being a good uncle to Dylan

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

I'm definitively enjoying it. It's really everything I could have expected or asked from it.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    Hopefully the crossovers actually are acknowledge this time around I didn't like how in miles tie in he control the symbiote only for Cates to ignore it next issue
    The Spidey/Venom team needs to take a page from the X-squad atm, who have zoom meetings and plan out their stories to weave between each other. When you get that level of organization and dedication to continuity the events and ongoings that are ignoring things for the sake of their story tend to just seem way more dialed in.

Spidey joins the fray! We got a Spider-Man one shot tie in coming in March. By Jed MacKay

https://www.gamesradar.com/spider-ma...black-special/

Quote Originally Posted by JTHM View Post

Spidey joins the fray! We got a Spider-Man one shot tie in coming in March. By Jed MacKay

Oh cool not surprised he still feels guilt about this. Although Knull would have come eventually with or without Peter I believe

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JTHM View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    Oh cool not surprised he still feels guilt about this. Although Knull would have come eventually with or without Peter I believe
    Awesome, and yeah, partly true, though I would say Spider-Man bringing the Venom symbiote to Earth after the original Secret Wars at least slightly accelerated Knull's endgame for the universe.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Awesome, and yeah, partly true, though I would say Spider-Man bringing the Venom symbiote to Earth after the original Secret Wars at least slightly accelerated Knull's endgame for the universe.
    yeah Peter bringing the venom symbiote did accelerate the plan