Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: King in Black

Fantastic Member

It is kinda funny Kindred hangs all these indirect deaths over Apidey's head but ignores how by that metric all Venom/Carnage/Knull death and destruction is a direct result of Parker too.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kingkalamari View Post
    It is kinda funny Kindred hangs all these indirect deaths over Apidey's head but ignores how by that metric all Venom/Carnage/Knull death and destruction is a direct result of Parker too.
    Well, Peter is indirectly responsable of a lot of deaths, in fights or making bad calls and endangering people, the point Kindred is trying to make is that this actions sometimes result in indirectly hurting the people Peter loves, the friends and loves ones directly connected to him.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathangoop1811 View Post
    Well, Peter is indirectly responsable of a lot of deaths, in fights or making bad calls and endangering people, the point Kindred is trying to make is that this actions sometimes result in indirectly hurting the people Peter loves, the friends and loves ones directly connected to him.
    Let's not even pretend that Kindred has a legitimate point. Wrong choices are often reasonable choices that have a bad outcome.

Detractors of AF #15 pointed out that Peter really didn't have any obligation to stop the burglar just because he had superpowers. You can make an argument for every "bad" decision he made.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    Let's not even pretend that Kindred has a legitimate point. Wrong choices are often reasonable choices that have a bad outcome.

Detractors of AF #15 pointed out that Peter really didn't have any obligation to stop the burglar just because he had superpowers. You can make an argument for every "bad" decision he made.
    Funny enough, the whole point of "with great power, there must also come great responsibility" is that "those who can do something to help others do have a moral obligation to act on that ability." Even the MCU Spider-Man in his first appearance in Captain America: Civil War got that, albeit somewhat paraphrased: "When you can do the things that I can do, and you choose not to, and then the bad things happen . . . they happen because of you."
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingkalamari View Post
    I would say the Knull stuff is just going a bit too far since blaming Spidey for a genocidal anti-god from the beginning of time is just kinda, not there. But Venom/Carnage stuff is more certainly more reasonable, albeit still unfair to hold up against Spider-Man.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Funny enough, the whole point of "with great power, there must also come great responsibility" is that "those who can do something to help others do have a moral obligation to act on that ability." Even the MCU Spider-Man in his first appearance in Captain America: Civil War got that, albeit somewhat paraphrased: "When you can do the things that I can do, and you choose not to, and then the bad things happen . . . they happen because of you."
    You're right. Just remember: "No One Dies."

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    You're right. Just remember: "No One Dies."
    I remember.

Quote Originally Posted by JTHM View Post
    I would say the Knull stuff is just going a bit too far since blaming Spidey for a genocidal anti-god from the beginning of time is just kinda, not there. But Venom/Carnage stuff is more certainly more reasonable, albeit still unfair to hold up against Spider-Man.
    Man, Kindred blames Spidey for DeWolfe's death, of all the people he unburied, her death has absolutely nothing to do with Peter, since DeWolfe was just killed at random by someone Peter either didn't know yet, or barely knew, and he only learned that Carter is Sin Eater after DeWolfe's death, so if blaming that on Peter is fair game, so is anything Venom/Carnage/Knull did in Harry's dumbass mentality.

https://www.cbr.com/knull-marvel-king-in-black-preview/

Peter was late to save Eddie wonder how he is going to finesse his way out of this one
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Man, Kindred blames Spidey for DeWolfe's death, of all the people he unburied, her death has absolutely nothing to do with Peter, since DeWolfe was just killed at random by someone Peter either didn't know yet, or barely knew, and he only learned that Carter is Sin Eater after DeWolfe's death, so if blaming that on Peter is fair game, so is anything Venom/Carnage/Knull did in Harry's dumbass mentality.
    This is exactly the problem with Harry. He ( like many insane and ( or) evil people) only sees what they want to see. The problem with Peter is he believes so strongly in the “No one dies” concept that he is willing to listen to the BS coming out of Harry’s mouth. I hope that I am wrong but I see a Harry victory with Peter even believing that the OMD deal is actually a good thing for MJ, and no woman should be with him ( even those with super powers like Cindy or Mockingbird who can defend themselves from the bad guys ( and gals) out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post

Peter was late to save Eddie wonder how he is going to finesse his way out of this one
    Spider-Man beating, or holding his own against, or even just managing to escape (with Eddie) the Knullified Avengers, X-Men, and Fantastic Four could end up the "Spider-Man vs. Firelord" of the 21st century.

Spider-Man beating, or holding his own against, or even just managing to escape (with Eddie) the Knullified Avengers, X-Men, and Fantastic Four could end up the "Spider-Man vs. Firelord" of the 21st century.
    wasnt Peter not holding back against Firelord though?

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

"Honestly, how hard is it to kill one man?"

Next tima don't be a dumbass and actually kill him, instead of just dropping him from a building .

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    This is exactly the problem with Harry. He ( like many insane and ( or) evil people) only sees what they want to see. The problem with Peter is he believes so strongly in the “No one dies” concept that he is willing to listen to the BS coming out of Harry’s mouth. I hope that I am wrong but I see a Harry victory with Peter even believing that the OMD deal is actually a good thing for MJ, and no woman should be with him ( even those with super powers like Cindy or Mockingbird who can defend themselves from the bad guys ( and gals) out there.
    Problem with Harry's nonsense is that so far there was no rebuttal to the **** he's been saying, even when he makes obviously flawed arguments, it's actually not looking that different from Clone Saga's "Jackal is a great liar!" nonsense, even though in that he tells the most blatant lies that Peter keeps believing because the plot requires him to be a complete fucking moron... And Last Remains possibly repeating that with Kindred is not a good thing lol.

Hopefully the last issue from LR will have Peter pointing out all of that bullshit, or at least make points of his own, good points, to counter Harry's.

And while yes, Peter can be really negative and think of how much he failed, he's also not that pessimistic, since he does realize he did good and saved people, so it looks even dumber how he makes no rebuttal to Harry's points...

And that's not a good thing lol.

The best way to do this is by making him fight them briefly, using his speed and experience to get a few licks, but eventually get away with Eddit because it'd be too much to keep fighting, which is kinda what happened when he fought the X-Men in Secret Wars.

We won't talk about how web swinging with a man who probably had broken bones would probably kill him .

wasnt Peter not holding back against Firelord though?
    He mostly avoided fighting Firelord, trying to use traps to defeat him, and nothing even slowed him down, eventually Peter only won by... Punching really hard, repeatedly.

I like the rest of the fight, but the way Peter wins is absurd, anti-climatic and lazy.

Fantastic Member

Poor Spidey, cant get away from his allies being turned into demonic servants

Damn crazy issue Peter trying to be a good Uncle to Dylan and a good friend to Eddie their relationship really has improved. Wonder how long Eddie will be in his current state cause as Iron Man says we need venom to win