Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: King in Black

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kingkalamari View Post
    Poor Spidey, cant get away from his allies being turned into demonic servants
    Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    Damn crazy issue Peter trying to be a good Uncle to Dylan and a good friend to Eddie their relationship really has improved. Wonder how long Eddie will be in his current state cause as Iron Man says we need venom to win
    Indeed. Good looking out, Torch, though I guess we know which one of the Fantastic Four gets "Knullified" in their King in Black tie-in.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Spectacular Member

Damn crazy issue Peter trying to be a good Uncle to Dylan and a good friend to Eddie their relationship really has improved. Wonder how long Eddie will be in his current state cause as Iron Man says we need venom to win
    Didn’t he die at the end of issue?

Quote Originally Posted by PeterParked View Post
    Didn’t he die at the end of issue?
    deaths literally have no meaning in comics unfortunately
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

something that Rob in Comicsexplained pointed out that i miss in my first readthrough was the guilt Peter had for not saving Eddie. When he was screaming for help and when he was picking up Dylan. And even when standing by his side when Eddie Flat line. I really like the character development that was displayed

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

something that Rob in Comicsexplained pointed out that i miss in my first readthrough was the guilt Peter had for not saving Eddie. When he was screaming for help and when he was picking up Dylan. And even when standing by his side when Eddie Flat line. I really like the character development that was displayed
    Indeed. After all they've been through, it was simultaneously heartwarming and heartbreaking to see.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Indeed. After all they've been through, it was simultaneously heartwarming and heartbreaking to see.
    this the the stuff i wanna see not resets between these characters

Do you guys think that when Peter saw Eddie being dropped by Knull and didn't catch him in time, he got Gwen Stacy flashbacks?

Quote Originally Posted by JTHM View Post
    Do you guys think that when Peter saw Eddie being dropped by Knull and didn't catch him in time, he got Gwen Stacy flashbacks?
    i guess but it wasnt a bridge

I'm sorry but K I'll just comes across as Marvel's awnser to Batlol.

Spectacular Member markhyperion's Avatar

I just read King in Black series up to this point. I'll give my honest review.

When Knull came to Earth and tore the Sentry apart and then consumed the NOID, I was elated. Our collective attempt to ignore the Sentry in hopes that writers would simply forget him like the kids of Springwood forgot Freddy Krueger, simply wasn't working. So many times writers have attempted to retcon Sentry into our lives.

Marvel Writers: Don't you see...don't you fools see...his hair is BROWN now.

We see. We see indeed. No amount of follicular reconfiguration will change Sentry's true power...to bore a thousand suns. Or is it ten thousands. I don't know and I don't want to.

With tears of joy in my eyes I admit I simply closed the book after that scene. I assume the rest of the issues and tie-ins are all panels of marvel characters praising Knull as Earth's GREATEST hero. Huzzah.

He's gone everyone. He's gone and we are finally free.

Four stars!! Essential reading for any fans of Sentry Evisceration.

Flash is back

Fantastic Member

Flash is back
    Hope Flash is back for good, miss him.

Flash is back
    Quote Originally Posted by t-spider View Post
    Hope Flash is back for good, miss him.
    Technically, he's a ghost in the machine that is the symbiote hive, but yeah, it's very good to see him again.

Fantastic Member

I'm a lil confused why hes still in his anti-venom stuff since he's just like the residue Codex ghost in the hive, isnt anti-venom an artifical one? Suppose it doesnt matter tho coz the agent-anti venom look is a good way to separate flash venom from the regular one while also keeping the Symbiote around.

I wonder if we will meet the other Symbiote ghosts gobbled up by Carnage along the way too.

Incredible Member

Something I just noticed and I’m not sure it was asked but when did Eddie get his left hand back?