Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by lurkerforyears View Post
    it's true that empath is being written completely out of character, I guess the writer thinks, almost nobody has used this character in 2 decades, so, no one will care a lot if I write him like this

It's my favorite xmen book nevertheless

I also dont understand what powers psylocke has, just the blades? no tk and telepathy? and sinister is a very powerful telepath himself, but got owned by the mutant from arakko. it looks like powers are whatever the story needs
    In Fallen Angels she used tk levitate and to later grow telekinetic butterfly wings and fly.

Hellioks is referencing Fallen Angels, obviously.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by superjosh View Post
    I think she's obviously in this costume (and been given the Psylocke mantle) for brand recognition and building of her character. Technically, we don't 100% know that the Jim Lee costume wasn't something that Kwannon was already wearing before the events of (the now retconned) Uncanny X-Men 256. In effect, it could actually originally be HER costume and not Betsy's.

In any case, I do agree that she needs to eventually have her own separate identity. This needs to coincide with Betsy's run as Cap Britain ending, Betsy taking back the name Psylocke, and the two of them finally making peace with each other. I would just have Kwannon be the only name she uses because nothing else would be adequate at this point (like "Prestige" lollllll).
    j

Just as Carol has been a hit as Captain Marvel I think the plan is to make Betsy a hit as Captain Britain. X of Swords really grew out of her family issues. And Apocalypse’s family issues too.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Even though Psylocke didn't know about Cameron Hodge, she is the type of person who if she goes on a mission to a facility of The Right, does a preliminary investigation of what can be found.
    Exactly. Cameron Hodge and the Right have done enough that anyone who goes on missions would have studied him.

[QUOTE=Sutekh;5276138]I'm like, 'Huh, Kwannon has the slightest clue in hell who Cameron Hodge is? I barely remember the fool, and I was around for that era...'

Didn't she masquerade as the real Betsy and know intimate details of her memories when they first swapped?

[QUOTE=Krakoa;5278580]
    Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    I'm like, 'Huh, Kwannon has the slightest clue in hell who Cameron Hodge is? I barely remember the fool, and I was around for that era...'

Didn't she masquerade as the real Betsy and know intimate details of her memories when they first swapped?
    Betsy met Hodge after the swap

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    As Havok83 mentioned, it was after the swap.

It's been a while, but I think the swap was retconned as Betsy and Kwannon kind of "merging" where each got a little bit of the other. I thiiiiiink it was subconscious so Betsy-in-Kwannon's body didn't actually know and Kwannon-in-Betsy's body figured out (off panel) that something was amiss... which led to the her coming to the mansion to find Betsy. Eventually their "essences" were returned but they remained in the switched bodies. Then Kwannon-in-Betsy's body died from the legacy virus. And theeeeeeen it got more complicated lol.