Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Default Hellions #7 spoilers

Sinister really hams it up how distraught he is with the Hellion's death... which no one believes in. during the resurrection protocols, while Wild Child and Nanny were brought back safely since they didn't die in Otherworld, seems they had their bodies and minds to adapt as if they were living in Arakko. meanwhile Orphan Maker's resurrection gets put on hold since his X-gene is apparently very dangerous and needs his suit that Nanny can make, which brings them to their current mission in stealing from the ship that Nanny used before to kidnap babies.

btw you guys might have not noticed but looks to be someone messed up with the Council scene as there's someone there that shouldn't have been present.

This issue is so tight on the heels of Destruction that I wonder if all of the fallout from that was even decided yet when this one was written. Certainly neither of this week’s books addressed Arakko’s move to Earth.

Funny that they lampshaded that we don’t know what Nanny looks like by just having her limbs poking out of her cocoon.
    Last edited by Frobisher; 12-02-2020 at 07:09 AM.

Default Hellions #7 Review/Spoiler Thread - He's Baaaaaaackkk

It opens up with Sinister at the QC telling them that the Hellions are dead. He is acting distraught bc the resurrection protocols have been halted. He makes the argument that Nanny, OM and WC died in Arakko so there is no proof they will be scrambled. Meanwhile Kitty whispers to Emma that Xavier is currently bringing them back

The Hatchery. Something is wrong with OM. They have put him in stasis bc Xavier doesnt want his X-gene to be fully expressed bc it mustnt be shared with the world. Nanny and WC's husks matured faster and broke out of the egg (well Nanny partially) without their consciousness being placed inside them.

A data page says that these resurrections have honed data. The bodies are identical but they hyper adapt to an environment closer to Arakko than Krakoa. They have been cleared for reintro to Krakoa bc their personalities are intact but focused. Nanny is more Nanny and WC is more WC. OM remains a problem bc it came close to activating his X-gene

The White Palace. Alex is with Emma talking about his resurrection. He feels fine but she tells him that its safer if he remains with the Hellions. Bar Sinister....Greycrow and Empath are questioning Sinister's report but Kwannon tells them its not their job to do so. Nanny, WC and Sinister enter. He tells them that OM cant return without the armor that protects the world from his vicious X-gene. Nanny needs her ship to make another suit but that was repossessed by the Right. Alex enters and accuses Sinister of getting them killed but Kwannon protects him. Kwannon tells Sinister in private that she wants to see her daughter now. Her mind was downloaded to Apoth. She's safe as long as Sinister is in power

Arizona. On the X-jet, Alex questions Kwannon about her loyalty. She ignores him while calling for an escape pod as she crashes the jet into a building. They escape and come in contact with the Right. They fight and are shocked to see Cameron Hodge

Last edited by Havok83; 12-02-2020 at 07:10 AM.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    This issue is so tight on the heels of Destruction that I wonder if all of the fallout from that was even decided yet when this one was written. Certainly neither of this week’s books addressed Arakko’s move to Earth.
    yeah Jean still is sitting on the Council when she shouldn't be there. I was almost gonna think that the scene in particular was just during the event... if Storm wasn't there.

also it might be too dark but I have a feeling Wild Child might get "forceful" to Kwannon.

Maybe Jean is on the Council temporarily until they find her replacement. Like "voice but no vote".

I love that Egg Woman is now even more badass.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by silvercover View Post
    yeah Jean still is sitting on the Council when she shouldn't be there. I was almost gonna think that the scene in particular was just during the event... if Storm wasn't there.

also it might be too dark but I have a feeling Wild Child might get "forceful" to Kwannon.
    Better Wildchild than Havok at this point, plus he owes payback for her snapping his neck ,alpha is as alpha does.

Meanwhile is it just me or is anyone getting the vibe that Emma is onto Sinister? ..I may be wrong but if indeed she is- how is she onto something and Exodus is clueless?
    Last edited by Rev9; 12-02-2020 at 08:06 AM.

Is it wrong that i find Elf/Sabretooth Wildchild kind of hot. Like i'm confused. I feel like Lord of the rings met xmen and did that.

is Jean back on the council?

This book is really climbing fast in my top 3.

Also i wonder if mutants will now go try to brave arrako which is now on earth i am guessing just to pontetially be reborn stronger. There doesn't seem to be a downside to the plan other than death and if you come back too honed. Like a honed emplate that is more powerful is really scary.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

And me thinks Greycrow has a huge crush on the new wild child. three panels of you look good and staring.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Now that I think about it, the fact that dying in Amenth has an effect on the resurrection process is another proof that they are actual resurrections, that is, there is a connection between the moment of death and the production of the new body. Soul, spirit, whatever you want to call it.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Is it wrong that i find Elf/Sabretooth Wildchild kind of hot. Like i'm confused. I feel like Lord of the rings met xmen and did that.

is Jean back on the council?

This book is really climbing fast in my top 3.

Also i wonder if mutants will now go try to brave arrako which is now on earth i am guessing just to pontetially be reborn stronger. There doesn't seem to be a downside to the plan other than death and if you come back too honed. Like a honed emplate that is more powerful is really scary.
    Man a honed Emplate is really scary! Can snyone give me the scoop on Orphan Maker's mutation(before Hellions didn't know the character)..is he like some energy being that must be contained in the suit? What's so ominous/dangerous about him?

Not a fan of honed Wildchild and Nanny. I liked cute but psycho Nanny better.

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    Man a honed Emplate is really scary! Can snyone give me the scoop on Orphan Maker's mutation(before Hellions didn't know the character)..is he like some energy being that must be contained in the suit? What's so ominous/dangerous about him?
    I would love to hear the answer to this too. It is crazy to me these resurrection protocols but in a good way. You can hone out all the wasted potential in Arrako, which apparently is a harsher enviorment than Krakoa so it makes sense the x-gene would adapt to that and it would affect the resurrection protocols. Then if you just done and want to be something new you can just head on over to Otherworld and be like "I want to reincarnate." Or you can just be happy with who you are and avoid both places. lol. I am just so fascinated and intrigued. Like there are so many mutants i can imagine who will be heading for Arrako post haste.

I feel like sinister will be whispering in the ears of mutants "to brave arrako is to find strength in death." lol. Man my mind is racing.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Wells just hits on every issue. Wild Child and Nanny look bad ass. Segovia's art is aces.

One of the best x-titles right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Now that I think about it, the fact that dying in Amenth has an effect on the resurrection process is another proof that they are actual resurrections, that is, there is a connection between the moment of death and the production of the new body. Soul, spirit, whatever you want to call it.
    Especially added to the fact that xavier didn't even have to put the id in WildChild and Nanny because their souls responded and jumped into their own bodies.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

What is Jean doing in the Council?