Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    When was the last time Hodge was around, and what did he do? I thought he was dead.
    He’s immortal

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    low level telepathy and pixie dust (which i dont think is part of her mutation) which she can use to exert influence on a person

If her powers are just low-level telepathy and to deage adult mutants to a kid, she shouldn't be able to deliver a punch like a powerhouse even with secondary mutation.

Mighty Member

It's quite clear that this series is just a continuation of Fallen Angels focusing on Kwannon.

If Zeb Wells left this series, the sales would probably go down unless they change the team members.

Zeb Wells is the one that is making things interesting.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by ericng View Post
    It's quite clear that this series is just a continuation of Fallen Angels focusing on Kwannon.

If Zeb Wells left this series, the sales would probably go down unless they change the team members.

Zeb Wells is the one that is making things interesting.
    It’s also a continuation of Havok’s story from being inverted and Emma “fixing” him as well. I don’t think any member has outshone the other. Zeb is doing a great job of giving every member a moment (good or bad).

If anything he is fixing Kwannon’s story from Fallen Angels because that series was weak. I feel like I like this Kwannon way more compared to the one that was in FA.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rnap22 View Post
    It’s also a continuation of Havok’s story from being inverted and Emma “fixing” him as well. I don’t think any member has outshone the other. Zeb is doing a great job of giving every member a moment (good or bad).

If anything he is fixing Kwannon’s story from Fallen Angels because that series was weak. I feel like I like this Kwannon way more compared to the one that was in FA.
    Yes, that's what I like about Zeb Wells, he seems to give almost equal attention to all the team members unlike Ed Brisson who gave much more attention to just his favorites Armor and Glob.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I would love to hear the answer to this too. It is crazy to me these resurrection protocols but in a good way. You can hone out all the wasted potential in Arrako, which apparently is a harsher enviorment than Krakoa so it makes sense the x-gene would adapt to that and it would affect the resurrection protocols. Then if you just done and want to be something new you can just head on over to Otherworld and be like "I want to reincarnate." Or you can just be happy with who you are and avoid both places. lol. I am just so fascinated and intrigued. Like there are so many mutants i can imagine who will be heading for Arrako post haste.

I feel like sinister will be whispering in the ears of mutants "to brave arrako is to find strength in death." lol. Man my mind is racing.
    Yep he's the type of guy to strike a deal with Tarn, I'll be sending you guinea pigs and you keep my clone under lock and key and don't reveal him until we can get ahead of Krakoa together. Classic Sinister. Would be real kicker if we find out Darwin was sent to the vault by Xavier but reports to Sinister as well lol

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    He’s immortal
    I feel happy the Hodge is back, as much as I love Nimrod as a villain I find his DoX design too clunky ,even in PoX he looked more like a marshmallow than a threat.So this way we have our cake and eat it too, not only do we have Nimrod(although I'd prefer a more menacing design) we have a cyborg threat similar to Bastion's menacing appearance, and with Hodge it gets to look sophisticated and cocky

Well, it wasn't just the same old song and dance.

Pretty interested in where things go from here.

Fantastic Member

Kwannon is becoming more and more interesting, and joining my list of unexpected favorites along with Greycrow and Nanny. I can't really say Sinister, because he's so horrible, but he's entertaining as always. Another great issue. Blond Empath still bugs me, but it doesn't look like that mistake is going to get fixed. I guess he was just dyeing it brown for no reason back in the New Mutants/original Hellions days? I guess it doesn't really matter in the long run, this is still the book that I look forward to each month.

Fantastic Member

Forgot to add: The Council's reaction to Sinister's theatrics was priceless. Especially Storms "so done" expression.

This is really entertaining, trying to remember how the council voted on the Hellions. Love that Emma is counselling Havok and they remembered their friendship

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    I didn't love it, but I hope that's a fluke. Sinister's just becoming... too goofy, if you ask me. A little sip or spoonful of Sassy Sinister is great, but it's becoming too much.
    I think the point of Mr Sinister now is excess, Being over the top is his thing now. As long as they keep following up with the lengths he will go to get with what he wants I think he is fine. He is more villain in Joker category now ,He is going to seem goofy and silly until he murders a bunch of people ruthlessly. Last issue when he murders the team was pretty scary, The goofiness makes you forget for second that he is ruthless and sheer evil. Since the transition to this version of Sinister not everything has worked but he has not been boring.

Quote Originally Posted by Rnap22 View Post

The thing with Fallen Angels is that the twist came too late. During the first few issues Kwannon was the ultimate warrior trained by the Hand and X-23/Wolverine and Cable seemed novices next to her. That was just Kwannon perspective, though. In the last issue she learned that she was wrong, that her training by the hand had made her into something worse than the others. But she was resigned to being a weapon. That is kinda unique, and it is a view of the character that works. Zeb Wells, who is an amazing writer, took the original character work and is running with it. And he is doing a phenomenal job. She just needs an iconic outfit to become her own character.

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

Sassy king Sinister hamming it up like Gary Oldman in that nineties Lost In Space movie

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by ericng View Post
    If her powers are just low-level telepathy and to deage adult mutants to a kid, she shouldn't be able to deliver a punch like a powerhouse even with secondary mutation.
    I suggest reading a wiki to get an idea of powers rather than anyone's summary, but the strength is not necessarily a mutation but an evolution/adaptation due to the resurrection twist as explained in the data page.

The real question here is why can they reconstruct the prison armor for Nanny but not Orphan Maker?