Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 96
  1. #1
    X-Cultist nx01a's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    47°9′S 126°43′W
    Posts
    12,290

    Default Cover Contest 12/2-12/8: "This is nothing like the comic book!"

    Ever see a movie or TV series or game or (insert other adaptation here) that is vastly different from its comic book source material? This week, I'd like you all to post comics which, despite sharing the same basic premise, have adaptations which differ greatly from the original comic.

    For example...


    ...and...


    And now for the RULES:
    1) Post One (& ONLY ONE) Cover that fits the theme of this Week's Contest!
    2) Cover must be from a Published Comic Book, Graphic Novel, or Collected Volume!
    3) Covers must be Posted before Voting Begins!
    4) Voting Begins 12 AM Tuesday PDT (3AM EDT) and Runs Until 12 AM Tuesday PDT (3 AM EDT)! (This is in US time)
    5) Vote by Posting the name in BOLD of the Poster whose cover best fits the theme or that you simply like the most! A vote need not be in bold, but it does make it easier to Count-The-Votes!
    6) The Winner of the Contest is the Entry with the MOST Votes after the Voting-Period!
    7) It's Okay to Discuss the Covers but if you Think Someone's Entry Doesn't Fit the Theme or Violates the Rules, you Don't need to Argue it in the thread, Simply Don't Vote for It!
    8) Plus: Occasionally Voting will Result in a Tie! The Person Who Started the Thread will do the Counting that Week will Usually call for a TIE-Breaking --Vote from Someone who has Not Yet Voted!
    9) AFTER the Tie-Breaker Vote, Voting Ends and the Winner is Declared by The One Who Started the Thread (or assigned surrogate) and Thus will do the Counting.
    10) HAVE FUN!
    Last edited by nx01a; 12-02-2020 at 09:17 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

  2. #2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    Ever see a movie or TV series or game or (insert other adaptation here) that is vastly different from its comic book source material? This week, I'd like you all to post comics which, despite sharing the same basic premise, have adaptations which differ greatly from the original comic.


    "But, captain," you say, "Wonder Woman's TV show and movie were very true to her comic book."

    Cathy Lee Crosby says "Hi".

    Last edited by CaptCleghorn; 12-02-2020 at 09:22 AM.

  3. #3
    Impulsive Nschornhorst's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    807

    Default

    This one's a toughie, but let's try--



    A bit different than:


  4. #4

    Default

    Oh, this one's gonna be hard to top:





    Both are entertaining, but the latter is nothing like the former.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

  5. #5
    X-Cultist nx01a's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    47°9′S 126°43′W
    Posts
    12,290

    Default

    ...and I'm living in the future, clearly. Any mods wanna change that date to 12/2-12/8, please?
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

  6. #6
    Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    7,753

    Default

    3 out of 4 ain't bad, eh?



    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

    Hillary was right!

  7. #7
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    1,747

    Default

    The original:



    Hollywood's version:



    The product placement:

    Last edited by seismic-2; 12-02-2020 at 09:52 AM.

  8. #8
    Astonishing Member kjn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    4,748

    Default

    Lets dig deep into history…

    Batman_42.jpg

    which turned into this:

    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

  9. #9
    Loony Scott Taylor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Running Springs, California
    Posts
    6,660

    Default

    So ... this comic book was slightly different from the source material comic book:



    And FYI, I see nothing at all wrong with Supergirl's biscuits
    Last edited by Scott Taylor; 12-02-2020 at 10:37 AM.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

  10. #10
    Astonishing Member foxley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,617

    Default

    Well, I'll bet you I'm a-gonna be a big star
    Might win an Oscar you can't never tell
    The movie's gonna make me a big star,
    'Cause I can play the part so well


    From this:



    to this:



    Doesn't even get top billing in her own film!

  11. #11
    Astonishing Member kjn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    4,748

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by foxley View Post
    Well, I'll bet you I'm a-gonna be a big star
    Might win an Oscar you can't never tell
    The movie's gonna make me a big star,
    'Cause I can play the part so well


    From this:



    to this:

    Doesn't even get top billing in her own film!
    This one has another twist, in that the Red Sonja of the comics had very little in common with the Red Sonya that Robert E Howard created in The Shadow of the Vulture.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

  12. #12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by foxley View Post
    Doesn't even get top billing in her own film!
    He feels her pain.


  13. #13
    X-Cultist nx01a's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    47°9′S 126°43′W
    Posts
    12,290

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    And FYI, I see nothing at all wrong with Supergirl's biscuits
    I wasn't going to say anything so thank you for doing so.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

  14. #14
    Astonishing Member Riv86672's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    3,782

    Default




  15. #15

    Default



    Characterization of majority of the characters is wrong, and even Joseph Dredd's most repeated phrase/word is wrong.




    The other movie isn't accurate either, but you all knew I'd do that.

    EDIT: LOL, same idea as Riv above me, and we're a minute apart. A different cover used should make it alright, I guess.
    Last edited by Speed Force League Unlimited; 12-02-2020 at 11:03 AM.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •