Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    The Knull Lord and his wave of knoll dragrons are attacking the earth. The Knull Lord looks to destroy it and all its inhabitants. The Avengers stage their first wave attack on the ground to evacuate civilians, while Xavier stage a second wave attack with a team of xmen that include Cyclops, Magneto, Storm, Jean, Cable, Wolverine and Nightcrawler.

The Knull Lord eventually takes out the Avengers best fighters including killing Sentry. Dr. Strange tries his best to stop the onslaught but is overwhelmed as well. It is revealed that the Knoll Lord is beyond the level of threat Eddie initially thought as the symbiote lord has also taken over control and defeated the celestials. The Knull Lord then envelopes the entirety of the world in a dome or darkness.

The other xmen have been taken down off panel and Storm is the last man standing against the Knull Lord and his hoard of dragons. She is eventually engulf by the symbiote as well. The issue ends with the Knull Lord successfully reaching Eddie and seemingly throwing him away to his impending doom.

I know there will be a subsequent xmen centered issue so very curious to see where this goes and the xmen role within the story but overall it was a good issue!
    I may pic up this issue for no other reason than, Marvel is somewhat giving Storm some shine. Seriously when was the last time Storm has ever been used in a way in X-men comics let alone comics outside the X-men barring Black Panther. Love to see the machine that is Marvel, after two decades of inaction finally start to move in the right direction with Storm!

Wait till Feige gets to work on Storm! After two decades of Fox rights drama, she's gonna be in a prime spot for meteoric rise!
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Wait till Feige gets to work on Storm! After two decades of Fox rights drama, she's gonna be in a prime spot for meteoric rise!
    I'm literally so ready! I need to phase 4 to hurry up so we can get to the X-Men.

Edit: This is not an invitation for someone to blow up this thread talking about "the MCU is trash", just let me be hopeful.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    This actually reads as the "Generic Event".

*New villain invades Earth from space.

*Kill a super powerful being in issue # 1 to show how badass he is.

*He is going to mind control heroes to have minions.

It feels like I'm reading the same thing as Empyre and War of the Realms.
    I mostly ignore those two, so maybe this won't affect me, unless that it turns out to be just a retreat of Absolute Carnage.
    Last edited by TheCape; 12-03-2020 at 03:25 PM. Reason: some serious mistakes.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    I'm literally so ready! I need to phase 4 to hurry up so we can get to the X-Men.

Edit: This is not an invitation for someone to blow up this thread talking about "the MCU is trash", just let me be hopeful.
    HAHA I’m with you guys on that!! Let’s Go!

Amazing Member

Its the end of the world the xmen shows up. Jean Grey an omega level mutant does absolutely nothing but look cute in her mini shirt. Lol

This was cool but not epic enough for me. It felt rushed to me. Sentry and Knull battle should have been bigger, other heroes should have shown up and Storm should have lit the whole planet up.

Though, I do wanna see how Storm gonna react to being stuck in a tigjt black hand.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Yes, by the time I actually read the thing, it was nowhere near as epic as people were hyping it, but it was still cool, especially for an event focused on Venom and symbiotes.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by thecoolaidkid View Post
    Its the end of the world the xmen shows up. Jean Grey an omega level mutant does absolutely nothing but look cute in her mini shirt. Lol
    Her powers doesn't work on Knull and that is how Hickman writes her

Wait... what about Firestar?

Aren't her powers killer to symbiotes?

I thought Spider-man called upon her for her help many times for this reason?

With the symbiote’s weakness to electricity, why wasn’t Surge on the front lines?

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

After a re-read still psyched for Storm, but my God am I over X-men appearing in "Marvel" events and being used as fodder. Storm aside when is the last time the X-men showed up as a force and actually was useful in these kinds of events. The Avengers, Fantastic Four, at least get a bit of focus when these events happen the X-men appear, are usually taken out and that's about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    With the symbiote’s weakness to electricity, why wasn’t Surge on the front lines?

Someone outside of Leah, would have to remember she exists.

It's not on the X-books but:

Is this not the worst title for an event? Just SMH.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

I can't take any comic seriously if they're implying symbiotes are the epitome of cool and dread

Please, King in Black, just kill that idiot Black King! Thanks!