Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Default King is Black: Xmen Spoilers

The Knull Lord and his wave of knoll dragrons are attacking the earth. The Knull Lord looks to destroy it and all its inhabitants. The Avengers stage their first wave attack on the ground to evacuate civilians, while Xavier stage a second wave attack with a team of xmen that include Cyclops, Magneto, Storm, Jean, Cable, Wolverine and Nightcrawler.

The Knull Lord eventually takes out the Avengers best fighters including killing Sentry. Dr. Strange tries his best to stop the onslaught but is overwhelmed as well. It is revealed that the Knoll Lord is beyond the level of threat Eddie initially thought as the symbiote lord has also taken over control and defeated the celestials. The Knull Lord then envelopes the entirety of the world in a dome or darkness.

The other xmen have been taken down off panel and Storm is the last man standing against the Knull Lord and his hoard of dragons. She is eventually engulf by the symbiote as well. The issue ends with the Knull Lord successfully reaching Eddie and seemingly throwing him away to his impending doom.

I know there will be a subsequent xmen centered issue so very curious to see where this goes and the xmen role within the story but overall it was a good issue!
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 12-02-2020 at 01:48 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Incredible Member

So once again Storm is shown to be leaps and bounds ahead of the other X-Men? My boys need to get on her level if they want to beat Knull.

Quote Originally Posted by Drexelhand View Post
    So once again Storm is shown to be leaps and bounds ahead of the other X-Men? My boys need to get on her level if they want to beat Knull.
    Actually in this particular story Storm's ability to control lightning is what comes in particular handy. Lightning/electricity is one of the three things listed as a weakness with one, magic, being a maybe, So really nothing about levels. I'm sure Krakoa wasn't listed as going down because they have surge and other lightning based mutants that can probably assist at the home base. But the goddess was def grand in this for a better word.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

I’m curious as to why Old Cable was there an not Young Cable...or at least it looked that way.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post
    I’m curious as to why Old Cable was there an not Young Cable...or at least it looked that way.
    oh that is a good catch. I didnt even think of that on my initial reading. either it was an error or an unintended spoiler of his return.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

I think Stegman just choose to draw Kid Cable really muscly.

What does cyclops do

Fantastic Member

Storm had a certain advantage due to lightning, but that doesn't mean much since Strange was defeated and in addition symbiosis doesn't have a weakness to fire? if yes, human torch was there and yet it was off-paneled by them.

Maybe I’m out of the loop, but I thought symbiotes weakness was sonic.

Maybe I’m out of the loop, but I thought symbiotes weakness was sonic.
    Not now, they are stronger. Magic, cosmic and lightning, which is what Thor used hundreds of years ago to defeat Knull.

That is, the mutants have Surge, Storm, Magik, Selene and Vulcan.

BANNED

He didn't looked like Old Cable, looked more like a twenty something stronger Cable

Mighty Member

This all happened in one issue?

This is post X of Swords?

The majority of heroes got taken out off-screen?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RamaBird View Post
    This all happened in one issue?

This is post X of Swords?

The majority of heroes got taken out off-screen?
    I guess it is post X of Swords.

No, it wasnt off screen, it was o screen. Knull took them all out easily

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by baxer View Post
    I guess it is post X of Swords.

No, it wasnt off screen, it was o screen. Knull took them all out easily
    That sounds so bad though... is it not?

All the Marvel heroes got taken out in one issue and now the whole world is taken over?

Meanwhile this prob won't ever get mentioned in X books, especially since it goes against the Destiny/Moira story where they don't even care about this threat.

I picked this up and gotta say I was underwhelmed. Its not very new reader friendly but I got by with the exposition presented. Besides Storm, the X-Men were pretty much just wallpaper. Not X related but the Sentry scene made me roll my eyes. We get it, Knull is strong and super serious.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.