Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    BANNED

Default If Insomniac Ever Made A Multiplayer Spider-man Game, . . .

How would you balance the powers and skills of the various spiders?

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

I mean presumably if it's those three then I'd simply balance it where in Peter gets access to gadgets and mods, Miles primarily uses his venom blast techniques, and Gwen her symbiote.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Honestly, the idea of a multiplayer for a Spider-Man game just make me think in the death ball of Ninja Gaiden 3, wich wasn't that great.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Are we still assuming it's an Open World where you switch protagonists like in Gotham Knights?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Are we still assuming it's an Open World where you switch protagonists like in Gotham Knights?
    I'm assuming that it'd be like Kingdom Hearts where you control one character and the others would be AI.

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    I'm assuming that it'd be like Kingdom Hearts where you control one character and the others would be AI.
    I was thinking something like MUA3, just with a three-man party.

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    hopefully miles heals you in time
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    hopefully miles heals you in time

Naw, he just heals Goof--Gwen instaed.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

iMan 42s

I have the feeling that if they ever did it the game would play something like this;

Miles is established as being a heavy hitter. He tanks a ton of damage in his own game and while he does have his own gadgets he most definitely relies on his Venom blast in order to fight his enemies. So Miles would more or less play like a tank who soaks up damage and deals a ton of it but he isn't as versatile as Peter. Peter lacking in sheer power makes up for it in being faster and having the gadgets. Essentially acting as support where deploying gadgets and weaving through enemies is what gets the job done. Both Spider-men would be able to cloak with Miles having the ability innately whereas Peter needs a new suit for it. Depending on how you level up either Spider-man Miles gets better at stealth takedowns and or Peter has the stealth suit in order to better participate. Being the more experienced Spider-man, Peter in that case would have upgrades to extend his stealth duration or ways to make him quieter perhaps even using the settings of the stealth suit as upgrades.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    Naw, he just heals Goof--Gwen instaed.
    sounds about right
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

How I would try to balance the characters is probably not how Insomniac would ever try it lol.

The way I like to separate characters is to make them not be anywhere near perfect, leave this hole in their playstyle, so they either can't do that thing, or struggle to do it.

So for example, Peter is the older, more experienced type, so he could have extra evasive options other characters could lack, which would give him more flexible movement, and more flexible movement means that a character has more ways to keep attacking and be safe.

Miles could be about Venom Blast, having more varied attack options, maybe it could even stun enemies to stop some of the more dangerous enemies briefly, but obviously not be abusable, and have better area of effect attacks.

Of course, for that to work properly, the enemies are just as important as the playable characters, they need to be dangerous enough to make the player want to use as many character options as possible, and in some ways even counter pick a character, but never to a point where a character feels weak, just enough to have this "Huh, the other Spider deals with this better".

So yeah, I think it's important to make the characters have their own playstyle, to avoid annoying "This character is essentially a worse version of another character" situations, and enemies who are powerful enough to make the player notice those differences, and honestly, I don't see Insomniac doing either lol.

I don't think this kind of game would work well with Spidey. Maybe If You had some kind of multiplayer mode with capture the flag elements, or Sinister Six rampaging through the city?

Whole game? I can't see that working.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dzika_Sowa View Post
    I don't think this kind of game would work well with Spidey. Maybe If You had some kind of multiplayer mode with capture the flag elements, or Sinister Six rampaging through the city?

Whole game? I can't see that working.
    Yeah, it would be best if it were a single player game.

World's Greatest Hero blackspidey2099's Avatar

Yeah I think a single player game with an additional multiplayer mode would work best (also, how dope would couch co-op be?).

As for roles for different Spider-characters:
    - Peter: Jack of all trades, uses tech to basically be able to fill any of the roles below
    - Miles: Crowd control via electrocutions and stuns, stealth
    - Gwen: Massive AoE damage via symbiote tendrils and stuff
    - Miguel: focus on speed, powers like the slow down time mechanic from the Beenox games
    - Kaine: massive single enemy damage via stingers and enhanced strength, can go stealth as well due to his suit
    - Jessica Drew: flight, best ranged attacks
    - Silk: most versatile web attacks like Amazing Spider-Man from Shattered Dimensions
    "Anyone can win a fight when the odds are easy! It's when the going's tough - when there seems to be no chance - that's when it counts!" - Spider-Man

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by blackspidey2099 View Post
    Yeah I think a single player game with an additional multiplayer mode would work best (also, how dope would couch co-op be?).

As for roles for different Spider-characters:
    - Peter: Jack of all trades, uses tech to basically be able to fill any of the roles below
    - Miles: Crowd control via electrocutions and stuns, stealth
    - Gwen: Massive AoE damage via symbiote tendrils and stuff
    - Miguel: focus on speed, powers like the slow down time mechanic from the Beenox games
    - Kaine: massive single enemy damage via stingers and enhanced strength, can go stealth as well due to his suit
    - Jessica Drew: flight, best ranged attacks
    - Silk: most versatile web attacks like Amazing Spider-Man from Shattered Dimensions
    I like that one, and you could use hologram tech to replicate or emulate the "Accelerated Decoys" from Edge of Time.
    The spider is always on the hunt.