Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by blackspidey2099 View Post
    - Kaine: massive single enemy damage via stingers and enhanced strength, can go stealth as well due to his suit
    Mark of Kaine could be used for single enemy damage too.

- Jessica Drew: flight, best ranged attacks
    She doesn't actually fly, which would be better to implement since flying in games can get messy.

- Silk: most versatile web attacks like Amazing Spider-Man from Shattered Dimensions
    Don't think she should go as far as Spidey in that game with some of the stuff he could do, but yeah, she does have more flexible webs...

She has a more sensitive Spider-Sense too, maybe that could be implemented? Typically the way Spider-Sense is implemented in games is that Peter's head gives a warning but the player won't even see who's doing it (Which, can really make a player understand why there are times Spidey takes a hit even after being warned lol), so Cindy's could point in a specific direction, or even show the attack briefly like an after-image before it happens (Might be better to just point, 'cause the after-image could look confusing), she could also have faster attacks than the rest too.

And since no one else will talk about Anya, an idea I have about her is being more defensive oriented, better if she has the carapace, but what I'm thinking is her fighting kinda like she did in her Spider-Girl comic (Don't remember right now how she fought in Araña), since she was powerless and had to fight stronger enemies, she had to play it smart, use other ways to damage than just punches and kicks, laying traps and whatnot, but also get more stuff to not rely on the environment too much like reversals, being able to block attacks, stuff like that.

If she were to have all the Araña powers, then the Hunter power could work too, and replace the defensive attacks with ofensive ones, a temporary power up for her to kick ass in a more standard way, and the difference between both could mean that the Hunter power could be worse in some situations, so it shouldn't be like the fucking costume powers with **** like 3 minutes of cooldown lol.

And yes, I know Anya is not popular, plus having magic based origins in a science based game would be odd, but hey, just for fun lol.

Hell, since I'm talking about Anya, I'll mention Julia too, as Madame Web, she can see the future, so maybe something like what I suggested for Cindy, but stronger, with the player being able to activate it at will, and maybe waste whatever bar so there would be those disadvantages, psi-webs would be pretty awesome to have since they're essentially a much shitter, web shaped green lantern's ring so she'd have a lot of ways to use that, dunno how astral projections could be useful in combat, probably better for stealth only, and telepathy, not much she'd gain from it unless she can use a brain blast.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Mark of Kaine could be used for single enemy damage too.

She doesn't actually fly, which would be better to implement since flying in games can get messy.

Don't think she should go as far as Spidey in that game with some of the stuff he could do, but yeah, she does have more flexible webs...

She has a more sensitive Spider-Sense too, maybe that could be implemented? Typically the way Spider-Sense is implemented in games is that Peter's head gives a warning but the player won't even see who's doing it (Which, can really make a player understand why there are times Spidey takes a hit even after being warned lol), so Cindy's could point in a specific direction, or even show the attack briefly like an after-image before it happens (Might be better to just point, 'cause the after-image could look confusing), she could also have faster attacks than the rest too.

And since no one else will talk about Anya, an idea I have about her is being more defensive oriented, better if she has the carapace, but what I'm thinking is her fighting kinda like she did in her Spider-Girl comic (Don't remember right now how she fought in Araña), since she was powerless and had to fight stronger enemies, she had to play it smart, use other ways to damage than just punches and kicks, laying traps and whatnot, but also get more stuff to not rely on the environment too much like reversals, being able to block attacks, stuff like that.

If she were to have all the Araña powers, then the Hunter power could work too, and replace the defensive attacks with ofensive ones, a temporary power up for her to kick ass in a more standard way, and the difference between both could mean that the Hunter power could be worse in some situations, so it shouldn't be like the fucking costume powers with **** like 3 minutes of cooldown lol.

And yes, I know Anya is not popular, plus having magic based origins in a science based game would be odd, but hey, just for fun lol.

Hell, since I'm talking about Anya, I'll mention Julia too, as Madame Web, she can see the future, so maybe something like what I suggested for Cindy, but stronger, with the player being able to activate it at will, and maybe waste whatever bar so there would be those disadvantages, psi-webs would be pretty awesome to have since they're essentially a much shitter, web shaped green lantern's ring so she'd have a lot of ways to use that, dunno how astral projections could be useful in combat, probably better for stealth only, and telepathy, not much she'd gain from it unless she can use a brain blast.
    I like those ideas. Astral projections could work the same as Miguel's "Accelerated Decoys" in Edge of Time, used as a distraction to obscure Julia's actual movements from her opponents. And yes, the psi-webs were pretty cool. As for Anya, I'd throw in the spider-shaped bolas she was using to swing around in her Arana days, have them used to catch and/or bind her foes.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    I like those ideas.
    Thanks.

Astral projections could work the same as Miguel's "Accelerated Decoys" in Edge of Time, used as a distraction to obscure Julia's actual movements from her opponents.
    Yeah I thought about suggesting something like that, I think the Ben costume does something similar, never tested it in combat though, not sure how effective that kind of power is, or if it's actually interesting to have a power like that...

And yes, the psi-webs were pretty cool. As for Anya, I'd throw in the spider-shaped bolas she was using to swing around in her Arana days, have them used to catch and/or bind her foes.
    If she's gonna have Bola, then I think it'd be better to essentially work like a mace, or a whip, 'cause that's the thing that stands out the most about it, otherwise it works like a way less flexible web.

Thanks.

Yeah I thought about suggesting something like that, I think the Ben costume does something similar, never tested it in combat though, not sure how effective that kind of power is, or if it's actually interesting to have a power like that...

If she's gonna have Bola, then I think it'd be better to essentially work like a mace, or a whip, 'cause that's the thing that stands out the most about it, otherwise it works like a way less flexible web.
    A mace or a whip that she can also swing with would be great, actually.

I've been dreaming of a multiplayer Spidey game for years.

Playing as Ben is a must. Impact webbing all day.

But I also want to play as the Slingers, Prowler, Phil as the GGG, Black Cat, Silver Sable, SHOC, and OG Kaine. That'll diversify your character options.

-Pav, who would obviously also include some symbiote users as well...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    A mace or a whip that she can also swing with would be great, actually.
    Yeah it's better to try to make characters with such similar powers to stand out as much as possible, so "small" details like this to set them apart as much as possible while keeping the usual powers, would really help.

Or at least that's how I like to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Pav View Post

But I also want to play as the Slingers, Prowler, Phil as the GGG, Black Cat, Silver Sable, SHOC, and OG Kaine. That'll diversify your character options.

Of all of those characters in there, OG Kaine is the least likely one lol.

Yeah it's better to try to make characters with such similar powers to stand out as much as possible, so "small" details like this to set them apart as much as possible while keeping the usual powers, would really help.

Or at least that's how I like to do.

Of all of those characters in there, OG Kaine is the least likely one lol.
    I like that, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Pav View Post

Ben Reilly as either Scarlet Spider or Sensational Spider-Man with his impact webbing and stingers would be spectacular.

For a multiplayer game, your characters are Peter Parker and Ben Reilly.
    They play the same.

The plot is a very loose adaption of the clone saga where neither character know who the real Spider-man is.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    For a multiplayer game, your characters are Peter Parker and Ben Reilly.
    They play the same.

The plot is a very loose adaption of the clone saga where neither character know who the real Spider-man is.
    Sounds like the kind of game where both players have to fight at the end, and the winner is declared the "real" Spider-Man, 90's gaming style

Sounds like the kind of game where both players have to fight at the end, and the winner is declared the "real" Spider-Man, 90's gaming style
    You get to choose who is the clone and one, true, Spider-Man .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Or maybe neither, all those stupid ideas about how to end Clone Saga could be stupid alternate endings, like neither Peter or Ben being the original, or both of them being the real Peter and one of them is in a time loop, and that one with some nonsense about a cosmic game with Mephisto involved, using all of that as secret endings .

Or maybe neither, all those stupid ideas about how to end Clone Saga could be stupid alternate endings, like neither Peter or Ben being the original, or both of them being the real Peter and one of them is in a time loop, and that one with some nonsense about a cosmic game with Mephisto involved, using all of that as secret endings .
    4-5 endings...one of which is a Kaine ending after unlocking playable Kaine .

The one and true Spider-Man was inside you all along
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

4-5 endings...one of which is a Kaine ending after unlocking playable Kaine .
    Hey, if we're getting playable Kaine, then we need the best character from Clone Saga to be playable too:

And hey, maybe one of the endings could be an alternate take on Maximum Clonage, which if one player chooses to join Jackal, and the other doesn't, they fight, like Streets of Rage 1, whoever wins can get more different endings, plus it'd save the player from the rest of the awfulness of Maximum Clonage :P.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    The one and true Spider-Man was inside you all along
    With these stupid Clone Saga ideas we're having, the meaning of what you said might be literal :P.
    Last edited by Lukmendes; 12-13-2020 at 06:50 PM.

I love all those Clone Saga video game adaptation ideas. Seriously, they have promise . . . as long as people can stick with the original planned outline and not stretch it out incessantly to milk it for cash like the comics did. Then again, considering the video game industry's own problems with milking a good thing or idea to death . . .