View Poll Results: Are you enjoying Tamaki's run?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

2 6.45%
  • No

29 93.55%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Blind Diana wrapping the lasso over her eyes to see was the only cool thing to happen so far. I'd hesitate to call this a bad run, but it is very uninteresting.

Incredible Member

If an "It's ok" choice were available, I'd vote.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

The run seems like an extended left-over from Agent of Peace with no real direction for Diana, none of Diana's original rogues being used, and Steve Trevor is MIA. Maxwell Lord has already worn out his welcome and Liar Liar is a dud.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

BANNED
    Themyscira, Wundagore Mountain, Talok VIII

I can think of at least 5 writers whose runs were worse (including a fan favorite whose incredibly overrated writing was, imo, incredibly bad). This current run is not earth-shatteringly great, but not as awful as so many here are saying. Oh well, to each their own.

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FutureWonder View Post
    I can think of at least 5 writers whose runs were worse (including a fan favorite whose incredibly overrated writing was, imo, incredibly bad). This current run is not earth-shatteringly great, but not as awful as so many here are saying. Oh well, to each their own.
    Nobody called it awful. Just boring and underwhelming for a character that is supposed to be powerful and exciting.

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post
    Nobody called it awful. Just boring and underwhelming for a character that is supposed to be powerful and exciting.
    Exactly, no one is saying it's bottom of the barrel rather it is bland which is disappointing given Tamaki's reputation: this is akin to hiring Naoko Takeuchi (creator of Sailor Moon) so she can write your magical girl series, and then the series turns out average at best boring at worst.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    What happened with Mikel Janin?
    He was only on for a two-parter, likely to get people to jump onboard or because he asked DC for a Wonder Woman project. A lot of people like his art.

No, but I'd be lying if I said there weren't parts I did find enjoyable. The banter was worth a laugh sometimes and I felt the chemistry from two people that couldn't stand each other, but were nevertheless mutually attracted. But I was already open to making Maxwell Lord a decent villain, that did however turn out to be a disappointment in it's execution. I wanted so much more than I got and what I got was mediocre.

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    The banter was worth a laugh sometimes and I felt the chemistry from two people that couldn't stand each other, but were nevertheless mutually attracted.
    Diana and Max aren't attracted to each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Indeed, perish the thought.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Suuure they're not, neither were Niles the butler and C.C. Babcock on "The Nanny".

If anything Tamaki has shown how unattractive Max is...
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

I do not get the appeal so many fans have for hero/villain attraction. It's creepy and gross. I feel like a certain point knowing how evil someone is kills all the attraction. I wouldn't want to read an Allied hero who's totally hot for Hitler, all the while knowing his deeds. I know there are people that feel attraction for serial killers, too. I just don't think heroes should.

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    Suuure they're not, neither were Niles the butler and C.C. Babcock on "The Nanny".
    Not every instance of a man and a woman frequently arguing is a cover for sexual tension.

If you think Diana and Max are attracted to each other based on their behavior in this run, where Diana has shown nothing but open contempt for Max who recently tried to kill her as revenge for killing him in the past, you've got some strange ideas of what attraction is.

Not every instance of a man and a woman frequently arguing is a cover for sexual tension.

If you think Diana and Max are attracted to each other based on their behavior in this run, where Diana has shown nothing but open contempt for Max who recently tried to kill her as revenge for killing him in the past, you've got some strange ideas of what attraction is.
    There's an old song that goes a little something like this..."It's a thin liiiiine, between looove and hate".