View Poll Results: Are you enjoying Tamaki's run?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

2 6.45%
  • No

29 93.55%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by koriand'r View Post
    there's an old song that goes a little something like this..."it's a thin liiiiine, between looove and hate".
    . Lol!
    Last edited by Largo161; 12-04-2020 at 06:20 PM.
    “You see…the rest of them are soldiers. But [Wonder Woman] is an artist.”

I only support the made of clay origin.

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    I do not get the appeal so many fans have for hero/villain attraction. It's creepy and gross. I feel like a certain point knowing how evil someone is kills all the attraction. I wouldn't want to read an Allied hero who's totally hot for Hitler, all the while knowing his deeds. I know there are people that feel attraction for serial killers, too. I just don't think heroes should.
    I must agree with you. I find the whole hero x villain shipper community whack, sorry people but I do. The idea seems to close for comfort to a real-life abusive relationship in most cases which is frankly extraordinarily unhealthy and a bad example for the impressionable and the young (take the whole recent "Reylo" fade for example). In my various fanfiction stories, I've only ever used this type of ship once, and then with a major caveat: in a Sailor Moon story that I pair the Inners (sans Sailor Moon) with the Four Knights of Heaven based upon the Sailor Moon Crystal anime continuity in which the Knights were brainwashed eventually breaking that control. Unlike in Crystal canon where they stayed dead, I had Sailor Moon via the Silver Crystal revive them when she saw how upset her friends were by the deaths of their past-life lovers after only just getting them back mentally. The big takeaway in my AU story being that cruel and generally evil wasn't the Knights' actual personalities; rather they were brainwashed. So, yeah, something like that maybe (on a case by case basis) but Max Lord abusing Diana and her loved ones yet her having the hots for him oh hell no, nada, never, count me out.
    Last edited by Celgress; 12-04-2020 at 08:51 PM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    I must agree with you. I find the whole hero x villain shipper community wack, sorry people but I do. The idea seems closer than comfort to a real-life abusive relationship in most circumstances.
    Its fiction though, you can have fun in fiction that you can't/ shouldn't do in real life. Also as an avid Wonder Woman x Cheetah and Yara x Giganta shipper, I can assure you my beliefs aren't whack.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    Its fiction though
    Fiction doesn't occur in a vacuum.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    Its fiction though, you can have fun in fiction that you can't/ shouldn't do in real life. Also as an avid Wonder Woman x Cheetah and Yara x Giganta shipper, I can assure you my beliefs aren't whack.
    I still think it's unhealthy especially if they don't reform, sorry. Abusive relationships are not "true love" because of "tension" or "angst" and should not be glorified in any way.
    Last edited by Celgress; 12-04-2020 at 08:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    There's an old song that goes a little something like this..."It's a thin liiiiine, between looove and hate".
    Well if a song said it, then it must be true.

I guess Diana and Cheetah really are in love then. Or does this only apply to heterosexual hero/villain pairings?

It’s like the gap between Rucka and Robinson. Not awful but not good either, just mediocre. Why is DC so bad at putting good talent on WW?

I still think it's unhealthy especially if they don't reform, sorry. Abusive relationships are not "true love" because of "tension" or "angst" and should not be glorified in any way.
    How did we get to abusive relationships again?

Every feeling doesn't have to be acted upon. Every attraction doesn't become a relationship, especially if it's not one you're even aware of.

Every feeling doesn't have to be acted upon. Every attraction doesn't become a relationship, especially if it's not one you're even aware of.
    If it isn't one the characters act upon or are even aware of I must ask: what is the narrative point? Does a third character read their minds and snicker? Sorry, but I'm lost here.

If it isn't one the characters act upon or are even aware of I must ask: what is the narrative point? Does a third character read their minds and snicker? Sorry, but I'm lost here.
    Repartee, verbal swordplay is always good between heroes and villains.

Repartee, verbal swordplay is always good between heroes and villains.
    Okay, so we are talking about sexual tension subtext, not abusive shipping. I can live with that.

In this case, there is no attraction. You're seeing things that aren't there and basing your claim on an overused trope in fiction.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    It’s like the gap between Rucka and Robinson. Not awful but not good either, just mediocre. Why is DC so bad at putting good talent on WW?
    Make the editorial mandate book, not exactly setting yourself up for the stuff of legends.

And then DC and other usual suspects just tell themselves how Diana's just too had a character to write.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Make the editorial mandate book, not exactly setting yourself up for the stuff of legends.

And then DC and other usual suspects just tell themselves how Diana's just too had a character to write.
    I mean when you keep trying to turn her into Xena or Red Sonja instead of writing Wonder Woman... Maybe all the shake-ups will get the right people in charge of Diana again.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    I mean when you keep trying to turn her into Xena or Red Sonja instead of writing Wonder Woman... Maybe all the shake-ups will get the right people in charge of Diana again.
    I think it's an insult to those two characters to compare them to how DC tends to write Diana. Xena and Sonja are usually much more competent and rational than Diana has been written in many instances in the last years.