Incredible Member

Default John Wick vs Kilmonger

This is Kilmonger without any powers or vibranium weapons. Both get their choice of primary weapon, back up pistol and blade weapon (again emphasizing, no vibranium for either). Battlefield is a scrape yard. Who wins?

Spectacular Member

Killmonger wins. John's only an elite shooter against fodder and Killmonger will beat him in CQC.

Quote Originally Posted by T-1000 View Post
    This is Kilmonger without any powers or vibranium weapons. Both get their choice of primary weapon, back up pistol and blade weapon (again emphasizing, no vibranium for either). Battlefield is a scrape yard. Who wins?
    I can't recall Killmonger being too impressive pre-powers compared to John, so I'm backing John on this one.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

going with john for this.

with guns, he's stupid accurate. more so that KM.

HTH, not seeing KM doing enough to get over his inhuman soak and stamina.

Quote Originally Posted by Saitou Hajime View Post
    Killmonger wins. John's only an elite shooter against fodder and Killmonger will beat him in CQC.
    Thats just PIS though Wick should be hitting named characters just as well in the arena. So he pops Killmonger in the skull.

John typically fights several "named" hit men per movie, usually as as sub-boss. He kills them just fine.

I’m curious as to what a scrape yard is.

Is that like an outdoors collection of scrapings?

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

A lot of Killmonger's pre-powers stuff comes from the oceans of people he's killed, as denoted by the scars he has, and the presentation that lends him. He's supposed to be brilliant, massively well trained, strong, etc. His actual powerless fights on-screen, however, are a bit of casual killing with prep, tricking and killing Andy Serkis, and finally the good one: his dismantling of T'Challa, who is also powerless. Sadly, T'Challa only has one other powerless fight, and it's where he beat the impressive but mostly featless M'baku.

Based on presentation, and the fact that Killmonger wastes T'Challa pretty easily, I'd put Killmonger over any one foe that Wick faces. Wherein lies the problem: even though he's supposed to be epic, we don't have any difficult shooting feats at all for Killmonger, meaning that he's facing a guy with a slew of them, without any of his own, and neither is immune to a headshot.

So, Wick has the strong edge, in my book. It's not 10/10 - these are to less-than-CBPH dudes with pistols - but it's definitely strongly in favor of the one of the two of them with notable firearms feats.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Twickster View Post
    John typically fights several "named" hit men per movie, usually as as sub-boss. He kills them just fine.
    in the first movie, he was just dealing with a single russia mafia, so their quality is..........questionable. the only real assassin he fought in it was Perkins and she was a crazy wildcard who conducted business on continental grounds.

from the second movie onwards, wick was fighting assassins who were coming after him from all sides.