Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

The death of Superman and Lois was fine, but then it was followed up with Blackest Nights. Zombie versions of them wasn't meant to be their final appearance. Johns set up something, but it never came to fruition...again.

As far as I'm concerned, Earth-2 Superman got reincarnated as Morrison's Jeans n' T-shirt Superman and now he's hopping around the Multiverse searching for his Lois, exploring the infinite realms of the DCU.

Astonishing Member Timothy Hunter's Avatar

Was Batman responsible for all the deaths caused by the Omac Project?

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy Hunter View Post
    He's Batman. Of course he is.

This was meant to be the apex of Batman being a dick, but the character slid right back to it, despite Morrison's best efforts. At least everyone gets to make fun of him for it now. The one constant of the Multiverse is that Batman is always kind of a dick (according to Morrison/Sharp's The Green Lantern)

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Yes but in that cop-out way that he's absolved of it after 52 and Diana still has the Max Lord albatross hanging around her neck.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Some really talented artists worked on a comic that was about something. I'm sure it was about something.

Overall I really liked it. I cannot judge it by itself alone though; I read the IC Omnibus and Identity Crisis back to back in one go (well, not in one reading because far too much but uninterrupted by other stories). I was retroactively a bit annoyed when I heard that PG was meant to be the (or at least a) central character which she was not. But I blamed that on an perception thing since the Omnibus contains tons of tie in issues.

I thought that Earth 2 Superman's death was a fitting end to the character, like Whatever Happened to the Man of Tomorrow was to Earth 1 Superman. Plus the Kal L's death was a lot more respectful and earned than Pantha, Wildebeest, Human Bomb, Phantom Lady, and Major Disaster.
    That blatant Deathstroke pandering was the worst. Not just when he murdered the Freedom Fighters (but that was kind of the pinnacle of making him mean Mary Sue IMO) but during the whole thing including Identity Crisis. The SBP kills felt like unnecessary shock-value baiting.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Some really talented artists worked on a comic that was about something. I'm sure it was about something.
    It was about $3.99 seven times over, my dude.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    He's Batman. Of course he is.

This was meant to be the apex of Batman being a dick, but the character slid right back to it, despite Morrison's best efforts. At least everyone gets to make fun of him for it now. The one constant of the Multiverse is that Batman is always kind of a dick (according to Morrison/Sharp's The Green Lantern)
    At least there was a decent to solid rate where he was reasonably depicted after One Year Later. Even Snyder's Batman wasn't that egregiously bad about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    At least there was a decent to solid rate where he was reasonably depicted after One Year Later. Even Snyder's Batman wasn't that egregiously bad about it.
    Batman's solo books tend to do a pretty good job of not making him too much of a giant douchenozel, but League stories, crossovers, team-ups, and guest appearances tend to default back to Bat-Dick unfortunately.

Extraordinary Member

To quote the 90s show In Living Color, "HATED IT!!!!!

Marv Wolfman took the Golden Age Superman and Lois Lane, along with Alexander Luthor and Superboy Prime, and gave them a much-deserved peaceful happily-ever-after at the end of COIE.

Geoff Johns decides to not only disrupt that, but he destroyed them all in the process.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by The_Lurk View Post
    Overall I really liked it. I cannot judge it by itself alone though; I read the IC Omnibus and Identity Crisis back to back in one go (well, not in one reading because far too much but uninterrupted by other stories). I was retroactively a bit annoyed when I heard that PG was meant to be the (or at least a) central character which she was not. But I blamed that on an perception thing since the Omnibus contains tons of tie in issues.

That blatant Deathstroke pandering was the worst. Not just when he murdered the Freedom Fighters (but that was kind of the pinnacle of making him mean Mary Sue IMO) but during the whole thing including Identity Crisis. The SBP kills felt like unnecessary shock-value baiting.
    I mean Deathstroke literally nuked Bludhaven killing 99% of people in the city.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    I mean Deathstroke literally nuked Bludhaven killing 99% of people in the city.
    DickBats letting him know he hasn’t forgotten about that was satisfying to see. Kinda miffed we didn’t get to see DickBats and Deathstroke go at it since that would’ve satisfied DC’s boner for having Batman and Deathstroke fight while also utilizing the enmity between Dick and Slade.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    DickBats letting him know he hasn’t forgotten about that was satisfying to see. Kinda miffed we didn’t get to see DickBats and Deathstroke go at it since that would’ve satisfied DC’s boner for having Batman and Deathstroke fight while also utilizing the enmity between Dick and Slade.
    Agreed.

Sometimes it amazes me that Cheshire and Deathstroke can nuke cities and totally get away with it.

If the Titans and JLA can’t find and arrest them, what’s the point?

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Agreed.

Sometimes it amazes me that Cheshire and Deathstroke can nuke cities and totally get away with it.

If the Titans and JLA can’t find and arrest them, what’s the point?
    And they're not even Harley Quinn!

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    The death of Superman and Lois was fine, but then it was followed up with Blackest Nights. Zombie versions of them wasn't meant to be their final appearance. Johns set up something, but it never came to fruition...again.

As far as I'm concerned, Earth-2 Superman got reincarnated as Morrison's Jeans n' T-shirt Superman and now he's hopping around the Multiverse searching for his Lois, exploring the infinite realms of the DCU.
    Quote Originally Posted by caj View Post
    To quote the 90s show In Living Color, "HATED IT!!!!!

Marv Wolfman took the Golden Age Superman and Lois Lane, along with Alexander Luthor and Superboy Prime, and gave them a much-deserved peaceful happily-ever-after at the end of COIE.

Geoff Johns decides to not only disrupt that, but he destroyed them all in the process.

Agree with all that above, and think the idea above thst would be great.

Conner Kent's fight with a God and being the hero I know him to be even when he knew he would die is the best part folks