Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    All I'm saying is that he is going to be in a 8 story page and nothing else, that is such a non issue for me.

I agreed that Donna has the potential for a comic book of her own, and i would love that, but she isn't the only Wonder with that potential, case in point that Yara Flor probably is getting her own book sometime in the future, probably in March, acording to Joelle Jones.
    Honestly, Drako, I think the volume of my response to your previous post was a lot, even for me. Much of it was a response to another post, to which you were responding. I made some good points, back there, ..but, I do apologize for the tone, which wasn't intended for you, anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    Donald Troy's entire existence is in an eight page story that is set on the Earth where everyone is genderbent. That means that Wonder Woman there would also be Wonder Man. You're making a mountain out of a mole hill.

I also don't think that there's entirely an issue with having a male member of the wonder family pop up; controversial opinion, but I actually like Jason and think that he would've been a good answer to Captain Wonder. In general I'd prefer that the Wonder Family be expanded and have more characters who are distinct from Diana in more ways than just also including men. This is also why I prefer it when Hippolyta doesn't have black hair - she doesn't need to be blonde but it's better when she doesn't inherently look like a 1:1 copy of Diana.
    While I am in complete agreement with everything you just said, understand that this is the third of three threads posted, with 'Donald Troy' in the title...the third. My OP was five sentences-long, ..hardly what anyone would call a tome. I think your hyperbolic 'mole hills into mountains' is a response to my previous response to Drako's comments, but, I agree with everything you've said ..and the spirit, in which you shared it.

This is a conversation among friends. Most of us have been chatting on these boards, for years. Let's not let provocateurs fan us (and I'm speaking, generally) into hysteria and personal attacks.

I especially agree with you, about Jason! While I like Diana having a non-god, super-powered male relative to team-up with, ..I think Jason was too much of everything, no one asked for. I don't think Dr. Marston would have given Diana a twin brother, and that's the smell-test for me. No teenaged, male fan of Wonder Woman would ever want to be Jason - bad uniform, no codename! Furthermore, when compared to Huntress and Supergirl, he doesn't succeed, as a 'heroic sibling' concept, ..but, I don't think we've seen the last of him.

All I'm saying is that, in the wake of the abject failure that is Jason, we don't need another Wonder-boy popping into the mythos. I'd welcome an outsider, "distinct from Diana", that I might have related to, as a boy, seeing him in a WW comic, for the first time.
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 12-04-2020 at 01:00 PM. Reason: clarity
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

What's the problem w having Male version of the Wonders.Superman and Batman both have Female representation of their Family why shouldn't Wonder Woman have them as well.

Quote Originally Posted by warzon View Post
    What's the problem w having Male version of the Wonders.Superman and Batman both have Female representation of their Family why shouldn't Wonder Woman have them as well.
    On paper nothing I guess but in execution, Supergirl and Batgirl/Batwoman at least provide gateways for female fans into two of the biggest names in a rather male-dominated genre. A “male Wonder” doesn’t offer as much you can’t get elsewhere at DC or Marvel. That the most recent example of this also led to Diana being demoted to supporting character in her own book also sours on it for me at least.

Plus there’s always at least multiple Batman and Superman books in publication, so if member of the Bat or Super families is dominating one book there’s at least another you can go to if just want Bruce or Clark. Diana has had pretty much only had one book and I’d rather page time be devoted to her first and then the pre-existing characters before a take on a Male Wonder Woman.

BANNED
    Themyscira, Wundagore Mountain, Talok VIII

I would not mind. I actually loved that young black kid that Phil Jimenez introduced in his run as an eventual (potential) Wonder Boy. I would LOVE to see that kid back in the book.

Quote Originally Posted by warzon View Post
    There is no problem inherently with the idea. However, as we've seen with Jason, they just aren't willing to have a younger male character who looks up to Diana - they had to make him the same age as Diana and more powerful with flashy abilities that make Diana seem lame in comparison.

A younger Cassie-aged character who becomes Wonder Boy would be a fantastic idea.