Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Default Memorial Royal Rumble

In honor of the passing of Pat Patterson, the inventor of WWE's Royal Rumble event, I have made this Rumble in order to commemorate his legacy.

This will follow all of the rules of a standard Royal Rumble. That means that this the only way to eliminate an opponent in his battle is to through them over the top rope and have both their feet touch the floor. It will start with 2 characters in the ring and an additional character will enter every 90 seconds

Additionally, all the combatants strength, speed, durability and fire power shall be equalized for this match. The goal here is for the combatants to make use of all their skills and special tricks to win the bout.

Any moves which increase stats are banned. Teleportation is banned. Psychic attacks are banned. Telekinesis is banned. Reality warping is banned.

Entrants are in character

The entrants
    1. Monkey D. Luffy
    2. Naruto Uzumaki
    3. Batman
    4. Spider-Man
    5. The Thing
    6. Aang
    7. Harry Potter
    8. Mario
    9. Steven Universe
    10. Megaman (Classic)
    11. Harry Potter
    12. Ben Tennyson
    13. Ussop
    14. Son Goku
    15. Superman
    16. Po the Panda
    17. Jackie Chan (Adventures)
    18. Loki
    19. Danny Phantom
    20. Ash Ketchum (He's allowed access to his Pokemon)
    21. Elsa
    22. Wonder Woman
    23. The 10th Doctor
    24. Shikamaru Nara
    25. Disney's Maui
    26. Rick Sanchez
    27. Dr. Doom
    28. Twilight Sparkle
    29. Yugi Moto
    30. Scrooge McDuck

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

Well if TK is banned, all the flying folks will only be beatable by another flying person flying up and meteor spiking them. Or some kind of incredibly clever trick. But that seems unlikely. MAYBE Elsa could freeze them and they fall on the outside of the Ring?

Also Rick Sanchaz? Isn't he just an actor guy?

EDIT: I was apparently thinking of Rick Moranis.

The two things you really need to be able to do good in the Rumble is stamina and strength to lift people. You can't WIN the Rumble in the first 5 minutes, but you can certainly lose it that early. So everyone who can't do at least 30 minutes of hard fighting might not have the stamina to go the distance. Equalizing Strength means that the second part about being strong enough to throw dudes over shouldn't matter, but I would find it HILLARIOUS if the Plot Gawds equalized everyone with unmorphed kid Ben Tennyson, and then he goes full Four-Arms and is the only one who could throw anyone out.

Also you ARE allowed to bring tools and weapons into the Rumble, so DOOM has a massive advantage even if he doesn't prep anything special.
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by The MunchKING View Post
    Well if TK is banned, all the flying folks will only be beatable by another flying person flying up and meteor spiking them. Or some kind of incredibly clever trick. But that seems unlikely. MAYBE Elsa could freeze them and they fall on the outside of the Ring?

Also Rick Sanchaz? Isn't he just an actor guy?

EDIT: I was apparently thinking of Rick Moranis.

The two things you really need to be able to do good in the Rumble is stamina and strength to lift people. You can't WIN the Rumble in the first 5 minutes, but you can certainly lose it that early. So everyone who can't do at least 30 minutes of hard fighting might not have the stamina to go the distance. Equalizing Strength means that the second part about being strong enough to throw dudes over shouldn't matter, but I would find it HILLARIOUS if the Plot Gawds equalized everyone with unmorphed kid Ben Tennyson, and then he goes full Four-Arms and is the only one who could throw anyone out.

Also you ARE allowed to bring tools and weapons into the Rumble, so DOOM has a massive advantage even if he doesn't prep anything special.
    1. Flying into the air is gonna make you a prime target for ranged attacks though.
    2. Rick Sanchez is from Rick and Morty

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

*squints* I see Dr. Doom. I also note that magic - unless it falls under 'TK' or 'Stat increasing', or 'Psychic attack' - isn't banned.

Depending on where the stats are equalized (does everyone get human stats? the stats of the highest, most powerful person? or what?), I'm not sure what's stopping him from simply summoning the Crimson Bands, filling the arena with them, and pretty much ending this (while also setting up a situation where anyone joining afterward will also get caught). I could be wrong, given that there are characters here with which I have zero familiarity, but....

If people's stats are all equalized to 'Superman-level or higher', then yeah, that's too much for Doom's Bands (and most other people's special abilities of this nature). Too many people of that strength level for him to hold, really.

But if the stats are 'equalized' to lower than that, the Bands are Auto-targeting, faster than anyone else in the ring, and yes, will capture intangible fighters.

And then it's just a matter of him chucking immobilized people over the top rope.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    *squints* I see Dr. Doom. I also note that magic - unless it falls under 'TK' or 'Stat increasing', or 'Psychic attack' - isn't banned.

Depending on where the stats are equalized (does everyone get human stats? the stats of the highest, most powerful person? or what?), I'm not sure what's stopping him from simply summoning the Crimson Bands, filling the arena with them, and pretty much ending this (while also setting up a situation where anyone joining afterward will also get caught). I could be wrong, given that there are characters here with which I have zero familiarity, but....

If people's stats are all equalized to 'Superman-level or higher', then yeah, that's too much for Doom's Bands (and most other people's special abilities of this nature). Too many people of that strength level for him to hold, really.

But if the stats are 'equalized' to lower than that, the Bands are Auto-targeting, faster than anyone else in the ring, and yes, will capture intangible fighters.

And then it's just a matter of him chucking immobilized people over the top rope.
    This is how I envision the bands working. New person comes out from the back. The bands shoot out, grab him, slam him down hard on the ring, and then pull back, slamming him into the ground outside. cause he has to touch the inside of the ring before he can be thrown out of the ring.
    I think restorative nostalgia is the number one issue with comic book fans.
    A fine distinction between two types of Nostalgia:

Reflective Nostalgia allows us to savor our memories but accepts that they are in the past
    Restorative Nostalgia pushes back against the here and now, keeping us stuck trying to relive our glory days.

Quote Originally Posted by LordMikel View Post
    This is how I envision the bands working. New person comes out from the back. The bands shoot out, grab him, slam him down hard on the ring, and then pull back, slamming him into the ground outside. cause he has to touch the inside of the ring before he can be thrown out of the ring.
    Could happen that way. ^_^

There's some argument that the Bands don't actually allow people to drag and throw their enemies around (I cannot off-hand recall) - they aren't the Roving Rings of Raggadorr, after all. But whether they 'just' bind people or can actually toss people around is immaterial.
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Could happen that way. ^_^

There's some argument that the Bands don't actually allow people to drag and throw their enemies around (I cannot off-hand recall) - they aren't the Roving Rings of Raggadorr, after all. But whether they 'just' bind people or can actually toss people around is immaterial.
    I'm sure Doom knows some variation that allows for it. From Dungeon's and dragons, Evard's Black Tentacles.
    I think restorative nostalgia is the number one issue with comic book fans.
    A fine distinction between two types of Nostalgia:

Reflective Nostalgia allows us to savor our memories but accepts that they are in the past
    Restorative Nostalgia pushes back against the here and now, keeping us stuck trying to relive our glory days.

Extraordinary Member

Do the Bands hold people down magically (Like Mjolnir holds itself down when an unworthy person tries to lift it) or are they just really strong? Do they literally immobilize people, or are they immobilized in the sense that they're tied up and cannot get free?

Quote Originally Posted by LordMikel View Post
    I'm sure Doom knows some variation that allows for it. From Dungeon's and dragons, Evard's Black Tentacles.
    Well, the thing is that the Bands are what they are. I'd have to look back on all of their appearances, and if Classic Strange, Dormammu, and Mordo haven't made them pick people up and sling 'em around, I'm rather dubious that Doom knows something they don't. ^_^

But see below - thought of something that supports your idea!

*squints suspiciously* Not sure that Doom has ever played D&D, though it would be amusing to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    Do the Bands hold people down magically (Like Mjolnir holds itself down when an unworthy person tries to lift it) or are they just really strong? Do they literally immobilize people, or are they immobilized in the sense that they're tied up and cannot get free?
    They wrap around someone and contain them, or tie them up, or mummify them, or...basically, they bind the person. Also stopper up their mouth from speaking, if the caster so desires. Sometimes they form a sphere around the person. Other times they just basically tie them up. Depends on the artist, but given that Strange has used them to form a cocoon around himself, almost looking like a coffin, I don't see Doom having a problem picking up a bound person and tossing them out (barring them being made into a giant red marble, but again, that seems to depend on the artist).

Tied up and cannot get free, to answer the question. They are not necessarily 'held in place, immobile'.

Upon consideration, Dormammu has cast the Bands in such a way that if they managed to catch Strange, they would have dragged Strange before him. So...there's something behind LordMikel's idea that Doom could just use the Bands themselves to deal with people, once the people were all bundled up. ^_^
    Why are we here?

Extraordinary Member

Well, the thing is that the Bands are what they are. I'd have to look back on all of their appearances, and if Classic Strange, Dormammu, and Mordo haven't made them pick people up and sling 'em around, I'm rather dubious that Doom knows something they don't. ^_^

But see below - thought of something that supports your idea!

*squints suspiciously* Not sure that Doom has ever played D&D, though it would be amusing to watch.

They wrap around someone and contain them, or tie them up, or mummify them, or...basically, they bind the person. Also stopper up their mouth from speaking, if the caster so desires. Sometimes they form a sphere around the person. Other times they just basically tie them up. Depends on the artist, but given that Strange has used them to form a cocoon around himself, almost looking like a coffin, I don't see Doom having a problem picking up a bound person and tossing them out (barring them being made into a giant red marble, but again, that seems to depend on the artist).

Tied up and cannot get free, to answer the question. They are not necessarily 'held in place, immobile'.

Upon consideration, Dormammu has cast the Bands in such a way that if they managed to catch Strange, they would have dragged Strange before him. So...there's something behind LordMikel's idea that Doom could just use the Bands themselves to deal with people, once the people were all bundled up. ^_^
    Well if it's not a magical immobilization then I think that the Bands would also be effected by the Strength equalization. So the bands would only be as strength as the people their restraining. Granted, that's not gonna help much with the cocooning tactic, but it is a weakness.

Doom's also gonna want to make sure anyone with an easy ranged attack is cocooned, since if it's just tied up, there isn't anything stopping the others from opening fire. On Doom, or the Bands for that matter.

Hmm, I wonder what would win: The Bands auto-targetting, or Ultra-Instinct's auto-dodging

Ultra-instinct 'auto-dodging' isn't going to help much when the Bands literally will fill up the arena. Like, fill it. Like, nowhere to dodge.

As the OP, if you want to make the Bands weaker, that's up to you. I'll note that it's the COMBATANTS' strengths you originally had equalized, and the Bands are a specific spell, not 'Doom's stats'. The Bands are what they are - they have a power level relative to the sorcerer casting them, but even then sorcerers much weaker than Doom have used them to encase entire mansions and the like. They are noted as being an exceedingly strong binding spell.

Not so much sure on the point of it if we're going to go back and nerf characters after the fact, but.
    Why are we here?

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

Does moving people around with magic not count as TK? Because Twilight can do that too. Though she might not have the feats Doom does.
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

Extraordinary Member

Ultra-instinct 'auto-dodging' isn't going to help much when the Bands literally will fill up the arena. Like, fill it. Like, nowhere to dodge.

As the OP, if you want to make the Bands weaker, that's up to you. I'll note that it's the COMBATANTS' strengths you originally had equalized, and the Bands are a specific spell, not 'Doom's stats'. The Bands are what they are - they have a power level relative to the sorcerer casting them, but even then sorcerers much weaker than Doom have used them to encase entire mansions and the like. They are noted as being an exceedingly strong binding spell.

Not so much sure on the point of it if we're going to go back and nerf characters after the fact, but.
    I don't see it as nerfing after the fact, I see it as elaborating on an unclear subject.

As for why the Bands are covered, It's necessary in order to close a massive loophole. Projectiles and tools have to be included in the equalization, otherwise someone might argue that, say, Ussop's shots move faster than he does because his weapon wasn't included in the equalization. Or the Doom is stronger than everyone because he's wearing power armor that isn't covered.

The goal here is to be tricky, not over power the enemy.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by The MunchKING View Post
    Does moving people around with magic not count as TK? Because Twilight can do that too. Though she might not have the feats Doom does.
    Yes it does. Basically if you're moving someone with nothing physical for you to resist against, it's TK.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

cunning also plays a roll in rumbles. i mean, whats to stop someone like rick from making a mockery of the whole thing and just jump in and roll out of the ring while everyone else is fighting.

also, rick could just take off one of his legs and he can't be eliminated from the rumble since the rules say you have to go over the top rope and both feet touch the ground.