Astonishing Member

No more Crises.

No thank you
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

BANNED

But DC never really followed that format you know,
    there was no crisis between Golden Age and Silver,
    there was COIE between Silver and Bronze,
    then Zero Hour between Bronze and Dark, it's like sometime between there, hard to tell,
    then in the new millennium we got like 4 Crisis in just 15 years, Infinite Crisis 2005, Final Crisis 2009, Flash Point 2011, Death Metal 2020.
    If we were to fill in the gaps, we need like a lot more Secret Crises.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by kalai View Post
    If we were to fill in the gaps, we need like a lot more Secret Crises.
    Crisis In - OK, not infinite, but at least a lot of - Gaps. I say no. Given that DC seems headed towards largely pulling the plug on monthlies altogether, let's hope they devote whatever publishing efforts they still have left to telling good stories that follow up on their current series, rather than starting up a bunch more super-mega-crossover events that won't tell good stories so much as just throw together everything from DC history and claim that the resulting hodgepodge is their "new continuity". We do NOT need that now.

No more Crisis.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    No more Crisis.
    Agreed. It way past overdone at this point.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

DC Comics.... Proudly Presents:

Dude, Where's My Crisis?

Barry Allen: Dude, where's my multiverse?

The Accelerated Man: Where's yer multiverse, mate?

Barry Allen: Did I Speed Force last night?

The Accelerated Man: (Nods) Yeah, I think so.

Barry Allen: (Laughs) Really?

The Accelerated Man: (Perplexed) I'm not sure...

The Accelerated Man: (Laughs) Mate, where's yer multiverse?

Barry Allen: Dude, it's not funny, dude. The multiverse is gone.

The Accelerated Man: (Laughs) Yeah.

Barry Allen: Dude... Where's my multiverse?

The Accelerated Man: (Laughs)

Barry Allen: Shut UP dude.

The Accelerated Man: (Stops laughing, ashamed) Ho-Okay.

---

Eleven issues and three omnibus volumes of tie-ins later

*Irreleventia and The Flash Who Zooms leave panel, revealing the multiverse behind them.*

The Accelerated Man: Mate, there's your multiverse!

Barry Allen: (Smiles) Oh--

* They walk toward the multiverse faster than they've ever walked before, time explodes and next week The Batman League of Batmerica #1 launches the new reboot of the DC Universe. *

I'm adding the 1:125 metallic Artgerm variant featuring Bryce Wayne to my pullbox as you read this.

I'm really tired of these big events. I really hope they pause a bit after Future State, but I know better.
    Last edited by Robanker; 12-03-2020 at 09:01 PM.

Spectacular Member

Well for what it's worth I think by definition First Crisis would be contained to the main book and some side series. It's only the Golden Ager's in a reality where there no other Universes. So know Superboy Prime or Lady Quark's who explicitly are from other universes, also none of the current iterations of current DC characters unless these are newly minted counterparts. A retro Martian Manhunter would be neat maybe Golden Age Starfire.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tanrage View Post
    Well for what it's worth I think by definition First Crisis would be contained to the main book and some side series. It's only the Golden Ager's in a reality where there no other Universes. So know Superboy Prime or Lady Quark's who explicitly are from other universes, also none of the current iterations of current DC characters unless these are newly minted counterparts. A retro Martian Manhunter would be neat maybe Golden Age Starfire.
    I understand people's exhaustion with Crisis EVENTS, but I think they were a lot more fun when they were smaller scale crossovers that involved two super-teams coming together. Given the limited scale of a JSA/Golden Age Crisis, I think it qualifies.

Spectacular Member

I just realized what at least some of the side minis would be: Forgotten Crisis: Charlton with GA versions of the Charlton characters and FC: Fawcett with the more obscure Fawcett characters, including the one who have fallen into the public domain like Diamond Jack: https://comicvine.gamespot.com/diamond-jack/4005-28231/ who I always thought of as the Earth-S version of Green Lantern/Alan Scott with his ring being the result of The Guardians trying to capture Eclipse in the distant past.

Astonishing Member

What is NOT to be forgotten: there is a Crisis of (nearly) Infinite AT&T Corporate Debt. Don't look for any major initiatives at DC that won't lead to some big payoff in terms of more highly profitable TV or movie project. I can't see a Golden and Silver Age team-up as being that.

Spectacular Member

Which I don't understand! As I understand it the comics publishing end makes a modest but unmistakable profit while creating new characters and story lines that inturn can be used to create more profit via merchandising, collections, adaption or sequels. Yeah it can be done with out the comics but it makes money, creates buzz, helps keeps the public interested and again makes money! So why kill it?