Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    Peter is basically the fans saying again with Harry. Harry is basically Spencer saying how many times do i have to tell you that i changed?
    Hahaha, nice very nice
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

^^^
    LOL, yeah it seems Spencer uses the comics to talk to his fans since he has dropped all social media and online presence through this run.

BANNED

Considering that Spencer's run was #1 (https://bleedingcool.com/comics/top-...-october-2020/) in comics ordered and a top seller, it's not exactly a bad idea. Sometimes the work can speak for itself better than self-promotions on twitter or fighting with fans on message boards.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by RyanParkerMan View Post
    Wow!

Bagley is back to form. This looks friggen terrific. C'mon Spencer, let's nail the landing here. 3 issues left right? He can still turn this into a classic!
    Gorgeous stuff from Bagley. Still really confused about Peter’s and Norman's comments about Harry being not as powerful as he seems. He seems to be pretty powerful based on evidence thus far. Maybe we’re gonna see that Harry is really Mephisto’s pawn, but this still doesn’t make a lot of sense to me. Feels like smack talking Silver Surfer using the argument, “You aren’t powerful at all, Galactus gave you your powers!” Well, true.... but?
    Last edited by Forty20; 12-03-2020 at 09:14 PM. Reason: Problem

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Forty20 View Post
    Gorgeous stuff from Bagley. Still really confused about Peter’s and Norman's comments about Harry being not as powerful as he seems. He seems to be pretty powerful based on evidence thus far. Maybe we’re gonna see that Harry is really Mephisto’s pawn, but this still doesn’t make a lot of sense to me. Feels like smack talking Silver Surfer using the argument, “You aren’t powerful at all, Galactus gave you your powers!” Well, true.... but?
    I think the comments were moreso that Parker was viewing Kindred as this abstract evil that he knew nothing about and was fearful of, but knowing its Harry, he is less intimidated even if Harry is a bigger threat because he knows what makes Harry tic.

Artwork looks good. Bagley not as his peak anymore clearly but still head and shoulders above the rest for artists on Spider-Man.

Hard to really tell anything from the preview. Hoping for something to finally happen as far as story progression goes. The only comment that stands out is Harry saying “I have to stop you”. All in all this story has just drained me and I’m just tired of speculating at this point. Every time I have, I’ve been left disappointed or letdown. Just going to try and keep an open mind for the rest of this story.

Hopefully Spencer finally gives us some answers. I mean how long can you go with literally nothing being explained?

Quote Originally Posted by RD155 View Post
    Artwork looks good. Bagley not as his peak anymore clearly but still head and shoulders above the rest for artists on Spider-Man.

Hard to really tell anything from the preview. Hoping for something to finally happen as far as story progression goes. The only comment that stands out is Harry saying “I have to stop you”. All in all this story has just drained me and I’m just tired of speculating at this point. Every time I have, I’ve been left disappointed or letdown. Just going to try and keep an open mind for the rest of this story.

Hopefully Spencer finally gives us some answers. I mean how long can you go with literally nothing being explained?
    LOL, but just think, if it weren't for Covid, we would be long past this arc already! Anyway, I think we will get answers in issue #55. Maybe some incomplete answers / hints / or tips by the end of this issue.

I don’t know as long as they want? I doubt Spencer is the first author you read from who kept things unexplained for more 2 years. That’s how long this run is right?
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Spectacular Member

This is interesting. Peter doesn't look or act scared, he's actually pissed by the fact that the Big Evil is still old pal Harry. Funny reaction.

Also, am I the only one who's not disappointed by this storyline? Yeah, it took 2 years and some parts are quite silly (Kindred's face being a mask WTF) but the arc is very good IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by federicodettofred View Post
    This is interesting. Peter doesn't look or act scared, he's actually pissed by the fact that the Big Evil is still old pal Harry. Funny reaction.

Also, am I the only one who's not disappointed by this storyline? Yeah, it took 2 years and some parts are quite silly (Kindred's face being a mask WTF) but the arc is very good IMO.
    I think it makes sense. Peter and Harry have been this road a ton of times. For the past era Peter thought Harry was reformed, and to see him like this now, it makes sense the following emotions would be denial and then anger. I mean how many times does he have to fight the same people over and over? And the one he was sure he was good with, his friend Harry, is now attacking him with no explanation!

I'm not disappointed at all. Really have enjoyed and anticipated each issue up until now. This arc is very good so far.
    Last edited by Vortex85; 12-04-2020 at 07:18 AM.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vortex85 View Post
    I mean how many times does he have to fight the same people over and over?
    Well if he doesn’t like that he shouldn’t have become a comics super hero, everybody knows they keep fighting the same enemies over and over.

Quote Originally Posted by federicodettofred View Post

Nah lol....You’re not the only one.

I feel like I’m in the minority because other people are eating this story up but I’ve been disappointment at the painfully slow progression. I feel as if fans aren’t getting their money’s worth simply because there’s nothing really happening from a story perspective issue after issue. It seems as if this story could have been severely condensed. It’s still been a decent read and overall I’ve enjoyed it...but “so far” I feel Spencer has missed out on tapping into the potential this story has.

All that being said though....maybe I’m just crazy because people seem to be loving this story

Quote Originally Posted by Vortex85 View Post
    ^^^
    LOL, yeah it seems Spencer uses the comics to talk to his fans since he has dropped all social media and online presence through this run.
    A smart man, given the current uber toxic social media climate.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Astonishing Member

I understand I still love Bagley art but man looking at the 1994 Spider-man Fleer cards where he did all the cards by himself(except for a page by Adam Hughes) I sure miss the big spidey eyes. Gary Frank is another artist looking at his 90s Hulk run to Doomsday Clock, I perfer his 90s artwork.

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    I understand I still love Bagley art but man looking at the 1994 Spider-man Fleer cards where he did all the cards by himself(except for a page by Adam Hughes) I sure miss the big spidey eyes. Gary Frank is another artist looking at his 90s Hulk run to Doomsday Clock, I perfer his 90s artwork.
    LOVED those cards. That time period and his run on USM were the peak Bagley years. Huge quality difference in his work now in comparison to back then. I miss the bug eyes as well. They fit the character of Spider-Man so well. Regardless Bagley is still a beast when it comes to penciling Spider-Man....It’s just not what it once was though.