Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Marauders #16 Preview

https://aiptcomics.com/2020/12/03/ex...-marauders-16/

im a fan of this emma look, loving the sleeveless look on her suits her for revenge work I think

Last edited by Diammandis; 12-03-2020 at 01:32 PM.
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

That preview could easily be told in 1 page.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Decompression is an unfortunate tendency in modern comics.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Decompression is an unfortunate tendency in modern comics.
    The influence of mangas? In any event, it gives more work to artists and less to writers…

Edit: they are quite big, these horses…
    Last edited by Zelena; 12-03-2020 at 02:39 PM.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

If artists really knock it out of the park, I don't mind a bit of it, but usually it just makes each individual comic less dense with story. There's a sweet spot between all text and all art. You want to show, not tell, but we don't need 30 frames per second either. I love a page that really moves around with scenes and dialog. Splash pages used to be rare. When comics become storyboards, though, it's too much. They take 6 issues just to say one little idea.
    Last edited by yogaflame; 12-03-2020 at 03:09 PM.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

He's gonna get his ass whooped.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    If artists really knock it out of the park, I don't mind a bit of it, but usually it just makes each individual comic less dense with story. There's a sweet spot between all text and all art. You want to show, not tell, but we don't need 30 frames per second either. I love a page that really moves around with scenes and dialog. Splash pages used to be rare. When comics become storyboards, though, it's too much. They take 6 issues just to say one little idea.
    Well, yes, one of the problems of this tendency is the lack of variety of panels: from a moment to another, there isn’t much difference in the scenery: in the panel 2, there are two women on horses on a bright day, in the panel 3, there are two women on horses on a bright day… Visually, it is a problem if you want a attractive and varied comic page (the worse being when the artist reuses the same picture in the following panels…).
    Last edited by Zelena; 12-03-2020 at 11:37 PM.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    The influence of mangas? In any event, it gives more work to artists and less to writers...
    Manga usualy have the adventage of having 20 pages per week or 40 per months for their series depending on which kind of magazine they are printed in, allowing for a greater degree of decompression compared to western super hero comics with their standard of 20 pages per month (of course often at the expense of artists either having to work very tight schedules or employing a team to share the workload, both still resulting in common cases of exhaustion).

However even then the artists of these works usualy want to keep their presentation tight.

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    Manga usualy have the adventage of having 20 pages per week or 40 per months for their series depending on which kind of magazine they are printed in, allowing for a greater degree of decompression compared to western super hero comics with their standard of 20 pages per month (of course often at the expense of artists either having to work very tight schedules or employing a team to share the workload, both still resulting in common cases of exhaustion).

However even then the artists of these works usualy want to keep their presentation tight.
    The mangas are also printed in small formats… I suppose that, in a manga, a page with only three panels would look less poor. But they are usually also in black & white so the mangakas had to be creative to animate the page.

The page in colors are usually more attractive… if you are careful to vary the colors from a panel to another.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Could have been done in 3 as well.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Could have been done in 3 as well.
    Nah. Third will be a splash page how Kitty and Emma kicks the door in the coolest way with no text or some badass one liner.

Previews like this make me love current X-Factor even more.

Extraordinary Member

If the rest of the book feels like it was shorted then I would look at this and say it could have been cut. The opening scene is not bad, you can kind of feel the tension building, but I could also see an argument for just starting off with Shaw and the Booming noise, maybe mention something about a reckoning here, so there is more suspense. It really depends on what the writer is going for and if there was no issue pacing the rest of the issue.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    If the rest of the book feels like it was shorted then I would look at this and say it could have been cut. The opening scene is not bad, you can kind of feel the tension building, but I could also see an argument for just starting off with Shaw and the Booming noise, maybe mention something about a reckoning here, so there is more suspense. It really depends on what the writer is going for and if there was no issue pacing the rest of the issue.
    It's fair. But so far Marauders hae been very decompressed

Marauders in a Nutshell.

If you got rid of the art, the whole issue could be told in 1 page.