Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Default Marauders #16 Preview

https://aiptcomics.com/2020/12/03/ex...-marauders-16/

im a fan of this emma look, loving the sleeveless look on her suits her for revenge work I think

Last edited by Diammandis; 12-03-2020 at 01:32 PM.
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

That preview could easily be told in 1 page.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Decompression is an unfortunate tendency in modern comics.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Could have been done in 3 as well.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Could have been done in 3 as well.
    Nah. Third will be a splash page how Kitty and Emma kicks the door in the coolest way with no text or some badass one liner.

Previews like this make me love current X-Factor even more.

Extraordinary Member

If the rest of the book feels like it was shorted then I would look at this and say it could have been cut. The opening scene is not bad, you can kind of feel the tension building, but I could also see an argument for just starting off with Shaw and the Booming noise, maybe mention something about a reckoning here, so there is more suspense. It really depends on what the writer is going for and if there was no issue pacing the rest of the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Decompression is an unfortunate tendency in modern comics.
    The influence of mangas? In any event, it gives more work to artists and less to writers…

Edit: they are quite big, these horses…
    Last edited by Zelena; 12-03-2020 at 02:39 PM.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

If artists really knock it out of the park, I don't mind a bit of it, but usually it just makes each individual comic less dense with story. There's a sweet spot between all text and all art. You want to show, not tell, but we don't need 30 frames per second either. I love a page that really moves around with scenes and dialog. Splash pages used to be rare. When comics become storyboards, though, it's too much. They take 6 issues just to say one little idea.
    Last edited by yogaflame; 12-03-2020 at 03:09 PM.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

He's gonna get his ass whooped.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    If artists really knock it out of the park, I don't mind a bit of it, but usually it just makes each individual comic less dense with story. There's a sweet spot between all text and all art. You want to show, not tell, but we don't need 30 frames per second either. I love a page that really moves around with scenes and dialog. Splash pages used to be rare. When comics become storyboards, though, it's too much. They take 6 issues just to say one little idea.
    Well, yes, one of the problems of this tendency is the lack of variety of panels: from a moment to another, there isn’t much difference in the scenery: in the panel 2, there are two women on horses on a bright day, in the panel 3, there are two women on horses on a bright day… Visually, it is a problem if you want a attractive and varied comic page (the worse being when the artist reuses the same picture in the following panels…).
    Last edited by Zelena; 12-03-2020 at 11:37 PM.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Art is a part of story telling. It's beautiful

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Art is a part of story telling. It's beautiful
    It really is.

But to the art work i think in this case it's more of the transition to digital and ditial comics if you look at webtoons for instance this sort of artistic structure is a great way to read comics on tablets and phones but at the same time the artist still has to keep enough aesthetic beauty to be readable on the page as well when it comes to comic books. So i would argue making less work for the artist which already has a lot of work to do either way. Freedom isn't always more work when it comes with good structure, it can help you grow really fast artistically.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

That horse Emma is riding is Butter Rum, and in my mind she had him resurrected to atone for her greatest sin killing him. That’s my head canon and I’m sticking to it.
    Emma Frost, Rogue, Felicia Hardy, Helena Bertinelli, Allison Blaire, Barbara Gordon, Monica Rambeau, Carol Danvers, Illyana Rasputin, Ororo Munroe, Harleen Quinzel, Lorna Dane, Irene Adler, Kate Kane, Rachel Grey Summers, Jean Grey, Diana Prince, Barbara Ann Minerva, Donna Troy, Jennifer Walters, Gwen Stacy, Wanda Maximoff = PERFECTION!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Project Initiative Cascada View Post
    That horse Emma is riding is Butter Rum, and in my mind she had him resurrected to atone for her greatest sin killing him. That’s my head canon and I’m sticking to it.
    In my mind, she's riding Butter Whiskey and his horse shoes say "Suck" (1) "It" (2) "Butter" (3) "Boor" (4).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    If the rest of the book feels like it was shorted then I would look at this and say it could have been cut. The opening scene is not bad, you can kind of feel the tension building, but I could also see an argument for just starting off with Shaw and the Booming noise, maybe mention something about a reckoning here, so there is more suspense. It really depends on what the writer is going for and if there was no issue pacing the rest of the issue.
    It's fair. But so far Marauders hae been very decompressed