Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    After Future State, should Ram shake up the roster? Anyone in particular you’d like to see on the roster post FS?
    Maybe not full-on member or even part-timer, but I wouldn’t mind seeing Jim Corrigan/Spectre popping up occasionally.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Maybe not full-on member or even part-timer, but I wouldn’t mind seeing Jim Corrigan/Spectre popping up occasionally.
    Same. Do you think they’ll continue with the same numbering, or are we getting a brand new #1?

Does Lilith Clay have magic? I understand she was a demigod pre-crisis.

After Future State, should Ram shake up the roster? Anyone in particular you’d like to see on the roster post FS?
    What roster?

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Does Lilith Clay have magic? I understand she was a demigod pre-crisis.
    She has powerful psychic abilities, and can teleport.

What roster?
    Wonder Woman, Zatanna, Swamp Thing, Man-Bat, Detective Chimp, and maybe Dr. Fate. I’m not sure if Fate has full time, or just with the group for the Death Metal arc.

She has powerful psychic abilities, and can teleport.
    I know. Do any of these abilities have to do with magic? I think she had that pre-Flashpoint.

Wonder Woman, Zatanna, Swamp Thing, Man-Bat, Detective Chimp, and maybe Dr. Fate. I’m not sure if Fate has full time, or just with the group for the Death Metal arc.
    Oh you meant Justice League Dark. I didn't know which team you were talking about. Who is Ram?

Ram V is the current writer of JLD and will be launching a Swamp Thing book post Future State.

I know. Do any of these abilities have to do with magic? I think she had that pre-Flashpoint.
    Not especially, but Man-Bat’s abilities aren’t magic based, but he fits into this world well.

Oh you meant Justice League Dark. I didn't know which team you were talking about. Who is Ram?
    Ram V is the writer of JLD, and the upcoming Swamp Thing maxi.

So many untapped resources that I hope Ram and the DC editors take full advantage of. I’ve been dying for a good Constantine book since Vertigo’s Hellblazer series was canned.

where they filmed that one movie and half of that other one

So many untapped resources that I hope Ram and the DC editors take full advantage of. I’ve been dying for a good Constantine book since Vertigo’s Hellblazer series was canned.
    Si Spurrier's recent Hellblazer for the Sandman Universe line is probably the book you're looking for. It was the true successor to the Vertigo Constantine, carrying on the same tradition of gritty urban horror grounded with social commentary - in fact it was consistently the most critically acclaimed DC book when it was being published - but it didn't sell well enough and with Covid raising the bar on how much a DC ongoing had to sell to continue, it was cancelled with its twelve issue.

Thirteen issues consisting of the debut special and twelve issues of the ongoing that followed. The first trade is out now, with the second coming in March. The cancellation doesn't prevent the series from having a good ending, but at the same time, it's severely bittersweet as the last issue contains revelations and twists that will leave you wanting more if you enjoyed the book.

I'd wager if it had at least one more year, it easily would've been up there with the best of classic Hellblazer. But as it stands, I still feel comfortable calling Spurrier's work on the character as great as much of the Vertigo series.

Maybe it will sell well enough as a trade to justify a continuation as OGNs or a digital first. But in the meantime, I guess I should be satisfied/thankful with the thirteen we were able to get, considering the wildly inconsistent (to put it generously) quality of the various incarnations of his post-Vertigo appearances this past decade.

(and arguably the decline set in even before the character was folded back into the DCU)
    Last edited by Hilden B. Lade; 12-13-2020 at 11:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilden B. Lade View Post
    Si Spurrier's recent Hellblazer for the Sandman Universe line is probably the book you're looking for. It was the true successor to the Vertigo Constantine, carrying on the same tradition of gritty urban horror grounded with social commentary - in fact it was consistently the most critically acclaimed DC book when it was being published - but it didn't sell well enough and with Covid raising the bar on how much a DC ongoing had to sell to continue, it was cancelled with its twelve issue.

Thirteen issues consisting of the debut special and twelve issues of the ongoing that followed. The first trade is out now, with the second coming in March. The cancellation doesn't prevent the series from having a good ending, but at the same time, it's severely bittersweet as the last issue contains revelations and twists that will leave you wanting more if you enjoyed the book.

I'd wager if it had at least one more year, it easily would've been up there with the best of classic Hellblazer. But as it stands, I still feel comfortable calling Spurrier's work on the character as great as much of the Vertigo series.

Maybe it will sell well enough as a trade to justify a continuation as OGNs or a digital first. But in the meantime, I guess I should be satisfied/thankful with the thirteen we were able to get, considering the wildly inconsistent (to put it generously) quality of the various incarnations of his post-Vertigo appearances this past decade.

(and arguably the decline set in even before the character was folded back into the DCU)
    I don’t mind him being folded back up into the DCU, they just need to find the right creative team, and know how to push him.

Simon Spurrier's John Constantine: Hellblazer is IGN's best comic of 2020

https://twitter.com/thedcnation/stat...21022129364992

Simon Spurrier's John Constantine: Hellblazer is IGN's best comic of 2020

https://twitter.com/thedcnation/stat...21022129364992
    Nice. Hopefully he’ll come back, maybe as a digital first.