Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Metal Gear Solid film casts Oscar Isaac

Although I'm not sure if there's been any verification from the director or Isaac himself but many sites are reporting that Oscar Isaac has been cast as Solid Snake in a Metal Gear Solid film.

Funny thing is most websites (including CBR) are using pictures of Big Boss (Distinct from Solid mainly due to his eyepatch and more facial hair). Although Isaac can of course play him as well, since Solid Snake is Big Boss's Clone/son.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

I love Metal Gear Solid, and I love Oscar Isaac, but lol nope.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

I love him but it does seem like every time they need a certain action star for a reasonable price they opt for him. But it’s not a terrible idea either. Who they pick for Ocelot, Meryl, Hal and Liquid are probably going to be sticking points to me.

Pull some Jeff Bridges/Tron Legacy effects and get Kurt Russell to play him.

At the very least, if they don't get Russell to play Big Boss this movie is an automatic fail.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

I guess I can see Isaac visually as Snake, but can he do a David Hayter voice?

Oh thats cool. I hope it works out but MGS is a messy story so best of luck.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 12-04-2020 at 02:00 PM.

I imagine some people would have loved Kiefer Sunderland given he’s played Big Boss before.

Eh, I won't believe it until I see it. I still think this is going to languish in development hell and never actually happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    I love him but it does seem like every time they need a certain action star for a reasonable price they opt for him. But it’s not a terrible idea either. Who they pick for Ocelot, Meryl, Hal and Liquid are probably going to be sticking points to me.
    I don't think he's a budget action star. I think he's sought after for his acting skills. He's cheaper then Keanu but he also has range and is chameleon as an actor. Keanu is not But, he has a very narrow range he can play. But anyway now he's gonna be in MGS and play Moon Knight. Hopefully it washes away his apocalypse from memory. Though I don't blame him at all, dude tried his best that was on the writers and director.

Liquid could be interesting. He's basically Solid's twin but with the genes balanced in a different way (as well as a British accent as he was originally raised by British foster parents/handlers). So it'd have to Isaac in a dual role or somebody similar enough.

Some have fancasted Pedro Pascal (Who co-starred with Isaac in Triple Frontier).

It might be blasphemy but maybe they should drop the whole clone angle altogether and just have Solid Snake and Big Boss (Who can still be his father) facing off over just one Metal Gear?MG1, MG2, MGS, and MGS2 after all share somewhat similar plots (intentional in the case of MGS2) that can be merged into one in a way.

I know nothing about Metal Gear Solid, but it's my understanding that casting Oscar Isaac is pretty much always a good decision.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Liquid could be interesting. He's basically Solid's twin but with the genes balanced in a different way (as well as a British accent as he was originally raised by British foster parents/handlers). So it'd have to Isaac in a dual role or somebody similar enough.

Some have fancasted Pedro Pascal (Who co-starred with Isaac in Triple Frontier).

It might be blasphemy but maybe they should drop the whole clone angle altogether and just have Solid Snake and Big Boss (Who can still be his father) facing off over just one Metal Gear?MG1, MG2, MGS, and MGS2 after all share somewhat similar plots (intentional in the case of MGS2) that can be merged into one in a way.
    Maybe they'll try and combine MG1 with MGS and use Big Boss in favor of Liquid. You kind of need that inciting conflict that sets off the entirety of the rest of the story.

Yeah doing MGS1 naturally without any of the real context of the older games and not having hours worth of cutscenes to flesh stuff out would be challenging. In fact I wonder if we'd see some of the FOXHOUND villains or sequences removed altogether, which is sad because I wouldn't want to lose any of them.

But Big Boss either needs to be around or get some flashbacks where Oscar plays a younger version of him (maybe having something inspired from MGS3).

I remember this being done as a fan trailer and liking some of the casting choices...

Yeah doing MGS1 naturally without any of the real context of the older games and not having hours worth of cutscenes to flesh stuff out would be challenging. In fact I wonder if we'd see some of the FOXHOUND villains or sequences removed altogether, which is sad because I wouldn't want to lose any of them.

But Big Boss either needs to be around or get some flashbacks where Oscar plays a younger version of him (maybe having something inspired from MGS3).

I remember this being done as a fan trailer and liking some of the casting choices...

I know novelizations of video games often clip the boss battles or shorten them abruptly. The Assasins creeds novels leave out some of those sequences, for example, and for a Metal Gear example, the IV novel eliminated the "Beauty and the Beast" unit entirely.

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    I know nothing about Metal Gear Solid, but it's my understanding that casting Oscar Isaac is pretty much always a good decision.
    It's basically a generation-spanning saga that on the surface, is about a special forces agent usually sneaking into an enemy base using a variety of stealth tactics to destroy a walking nuclear tank.

But beyond that it involves all sorts of stuff. The Cold War, secret societies, Clones, cyborgs, nanotechnology, AI, confusing ideology, objective and virtual reality, cardboard boxes....