Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    Yeah doing MGS1 naturally without any of the real context of the older games and not having hours worth of cutscenes to flesh stuff out would be challenging. In fact I wonder if we'd see some of the FOXHOUND villains or sequences removed altogether, which is sad because I wouldn't want to lose any of them.

But Big Boss either needs to be around or get some flashbacks where Oscar plays a younger version of him (maybe having something inspired from MGS3).

I remember this being done as a fan trailer and liking some of the casting choices...

I wonder how they'd handle Psycho Mantis' mindscrew.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Yeah doing MGS1 naturally without any of the real context of the older games and not having hours worth of cutscenes to flesh stuff out would be challenging. In fact I wonder if we'd see some of the FOXHOUND villains or sequences removed altogether, which is sad because I wouldn't want to lose any of them.

But Big Boss either needs to be around or get some flashbacks where Oscar plays a younger version of him (maybe having something inspired from MGS3).

I remember this being done as a fan trailer and liking some of the casting choices...

I feel there's a few Foxhound counters that can be cut. Decoy Octopus could be dropped entirely and not hurt anything. The boss fight with Ocelot can be shorten by skipping straight to the end where he gets his hand cut off by Grey Fox. Likewise, the battle with the hind D can be skipped and go straight into the escape sequence.

The one thing I want the movie to keep is Snake identifying Meryl by the way she walks.
    Last edited by Immortal Weapon; 12-06-2020 at 10:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    It's basically a generation-spanning saga that on the surface, is about a special forces agent usually sneaking into an enemy base using a variety of stealth tactics to destroy a walking nuclear tank.

But beyond that it involves all sorts of stuff. The Cold War, secret societies, Clones, cyborgs, nanotechnology, AI, confusing ideology, objective and virtual reality, cardboard boxes....
    So, good luck with adapting it from video game to film?
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I feel there's a few Foxhound counters that can be cut. Decoy Octopus could be dropped entirely and not hurt anything. The boss fight with Ocelot can be shorten by skipping straight to the end where he gets his hand cut off by Grey Fox. Likewise, the battle with the hind D can be skipped and go straight into the escape sequence.

The one thing I want the movie to keep is Snake identifying Meryl by the way she walks.
    I feel like Vulcan Raven could go but I also know that certain audiences will have a flip if the one major black/Inuit character got removed from the storyline. Decoy can definitely go. I would probably keep all the other villains.

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    So, good luck with adapting it from video game to film?
    Pretty much. Although Metal Gear itself is a franchise that borrows heavily from film already-Rambo, James Bond, Eastwood films, Escape from New York, Kubrick just to name a few-and the game helped to pioneer more cinematic cut scenes in video games. Creator Kojima is a pal of, among others, Guillermo Del Toro and J.J Abrahms.

The director also slipped Metal Gear references into his "Kong: Skull Island" movie.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I feel like Vulcan Raven could go but I also know that certain audiences will have a flip if the one major black/Inuit character got removed from the storyline. Decoy can definitely go. I would probably keep all the other villains.
    I want Vulcan Raven to stick around. He didn't do a lot but his scenes were memorable. His tank encounter and boss fight were excellent. I think the movie would have room for one of them. The sequences with Sniper Wolf need to be condensed. If they can somehow combine elements of the two sniper fights.
    Last edited by Immortal Weapon; 12-06-2020 at 04:36 PM.

Raven seems to relate a lot to Snake in a few ways more than the other bosses (except of course, Liquid).

In the game he also drops several story hints as well.

Decoy Octopus has got to be in it.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Yeah, he kind of sets a lot of the plot-including one of it's biggest twists-into motion.

However, I wonder if they'd somehow work in Big Boss's relationship past with Donald Anderson. In fact, the whole "Patriots era" is only really alluded to in the games and never really shown, but it'd be interesting to see how Big Boss's fairly goofy support crew all basically became sort of unethical megalomaniacs. Unfortunately that never really got explored in the games apart from their formation and that Big Boss decided to leave.