Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Spider-man vs M.O.D.O.K.

Spider-man vs M.O.D.O.K. in the Khazan Arena. 616 versions of both.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

isn't current MODOK depowered or has that changed?

I know that he tends to be treated as a joke character now. If that involves de-powering, then let's say classic M.O.D.O.K., like bronze age power level.

I think MODOK has mind-blast power. Should just KO Spidey, who has no psi-screens or way to counter.

Floating Chair Warmer has too many telepathic/brain-manipulation/brain-blast kinds of options here to lose, I should think.
    Last edited by Shai-Hulud; 12-04-2020 at 08:07 PM.

Spider-man's best hope is a blitz. We know he is faster than MODOK, but can he clear that 100' range fast enough to get in a last one punch to MODOK's big face. And if so, can he kill or at least KO MODOK with that one punch? Spidey can certainly web his face from that range, but MODOK doesn't need to see to attack Parker.

Quote Originally Posted by Shellhead View Post
    Spider-man's best hope is a blitz. We know he is faster than MODOK, but can he clear that 100' range fast enough to get in a last one punch to MODOK's big face. And if so, can he kill or at least KO MODOK with that one punch? Spidey can certainly web his face from that range, but MODOK doesn't need to see to attack Parker.
    I'm not exactly clear on MODOK's powers because I think there have been several iterations of him, or his powers are inconsistent. But I'm pretty sure that at least once he had a force field, either built into the chair itself or telekinetically projected.

Ah, yes, it's a "mento force field."

WxouiLk.jpg
    2uxEWLF.jpg
    OZRiOan.jpg

An interesting match, but really no contest. One of the most memorable and interesting super-heroes of all time gets nerfed by one of the most boring and forgettable super-villains of all time.

MODOK for the win.

That's probably the first and only time in the entire 33 billion year lifespan of the universe that anybody will ever say those words.