Page 6 of 86 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast
    Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Now we're talking! This looks dope.

Yara looks like a straight up icon. Donna, too.
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 12-05-2020 at 01:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dougbauer View Post
    But..but… didn't Jim Lee said that wouldn't have a mass re-launch and bleeding cool informed the end of DC in monthly publications and participation in events (CCXP)?
    Well, Wonder Woman's not relaunching, it's carrying on its current numbering with a new creative team. Same with Batman.

Quote Originally Posted by Dougbauer View Post
    But..but… didn't Jim Lee said that wouldn't have a mass re-launch and bleeding cool informed the end of DC in monthly publications and participation in events (CCXP)?
    DC? sir, this is a Krogger. DC comics and the entire comic book industry died out a couple years ago
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I really hope so. Tamaki’s run is doing nothing for me, and I’m tired & irritated that DC has let Diana’s book be mediocre for so long. if we are getting a new team I pray they do a good job, IWW sounds interesting at least.
    This, and agree on Titans. I'm sorry but I feel like that book just needs to go full gonzo FUN. Drop the angst and have a good time because those kids are going to get murdered every six months in other books so why compound the drama?

It's like they're writing her as Thor. I approve! I just wish Artemis had her Rebirth and not post-Outlaws look. And get Max Lord and his brat out of here!

But all the Amazons are present? Steve? Giganta is going to be in the book? Circe? Welcome to my pull list.
    Last edited by Robanker; 12-05-2020 at 01:25 PM.

Amazing Member

Two main thoughts:
    1) Does DC keep drawing Maxwell Lord hotter and hotter on purpose. It's weird. It almost makes me miss how he was in JLI.
    2) I thought the blonde in a trenchcoat might have been Lyta, but I suppose DC wouldn't make her Diana's daughter again when they're trying to make Yara Flor a thing.

Is the woman in the trenchcoat really Circe? She looks more like Veronica Cale to me.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Avi View Post
    Is the woman in the trenchcoat really Circe? She looks more like Veronica Cale to me.
    Yes, she's Circe.

Clearly that splash represents the Wonder universe in general because Yara is WW and not Wonder Girl, but... it looks so freaking good. I'm so excited for a lot of this stuff, actually!

Could Mariko Tamaki maybe on Batgirl's?
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    Yes, she's Circe.

Clearly that splash represents the Wonder universe in general because Yara is WW and not Wonder Girl, but... it looks so freaking good. I'm so excited for a lot of this stuff, actually!

Yara’s going to be Wonder Girl, post Future State.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Yara’s going to be Wonder Girl, post Future State.
    I know. That's what I was saying. The splash page features Yara's Wonder Woman design, not her Wonder Girl one, so it probably just features the wonder-fam or wonder universe with semi-recognizable appearances.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

I know. That's what I was saying. The splash page features Yara's Wonder Woman design, not her Wonder Girl one, so it probably just features the wonder-fam or wonder universe with semi-recognizable appearances.
    she's Wonder Girl here, she's younger here and her costume is tweaked from her Future State one. I'm guessing they're not going with the other Wonder Girl design anymore.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    she's Wonder Girl here, she's younger here and her costume is tweaked from her Future State one. I'm guessing they're not going with the other Wonder Girl design anymore.
    No, the design is definitely not tweaked lol. It's an artist's interpretation so that the breastplate doesn't go down as far as it does in Future State. It's otherwise exactly the same, and she doesn't appear younger either.

Compare Yara here to Cassie and Liar Liar. That's a grown woman.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

I think Tynion and March’s book will be a Gotham City Sirens/Birds of Prey book.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    It's like they're writing her as Thor. I approve! I just wish Artemis had her Rebirth and not post-Outlaws look. And get Max Lord and his brat out of here!
    Well, Jane Foster Thor was vaguely Wonder Woman-esque...but I guess this is also the result of being immortal now, so she fought vikings?
    Quote Originally Posted by maxax View Post
    Two main thoughts:
    1) Does DC keep drawing Maxwell Lord hotter and hotter on purpose. It's weird. It almost makes me miss how he was in JLI.
    Well, he's being played by Pedro Pascal in the movie...

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, he's being played by Pedro Pascal in the movie...
    Oh I just thought it was the bad boy energy. That or he absorbed Ted Kord's life force when he killed him.

No, the design is definitely not tweaked lol. It's an artist's interpretation so that the breastplate doesn't go down as far as it does in Future State. It's otherwise exactly the same, and she doesn't appear younger either.

Compare Yara here to Cassie and Liar Liar. That's a grown woman.
    Yeah, Yara's just as tall as Nubia there, she isn't a kid.

She's writing Future State Dark Detective, so I think Detective Comics is hers.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 12-05-2020 at 04:14 PM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman