Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Default How often do you find yourself reading DC comics?

Do you read them weekly? Or do you like to pace yourself? Do you read them only when you feel like it? Or as soon as they come out?

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

I'm behind on the few titles I'm following so I read those like 12 issues at a time before catchimg up again months later.

But I have a stack of discounted trades and older classics I work through pretty much nightly.

When I feel like it. Which is mostly every day

I try to read once a week.
    But since there's nothing currently being printed that interests me, I don't have that monthly clock ticking to remind me to read.
    Most everything I read is old stuff that's been out for years. No rush to read it.

That said, I've been considering re-reading Justice League Dark and catching up on them before Infinite Frontier starts.
    I just can't decide on if I should read the New52 JLD also. All those crossovers. Eh.
    I wonder if its even still in canon with the current series.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Reading comics?

If trades count.... then I read comics daily.

I finish 50 volumes a year, and bunch of those are large volumes or omnibus's...

If I broke it down into issues I'd guess 300 to 350 a year...

So basically I read about 1 issue per day.

Usually I say good night to my girlfriend and head to bed, then read until I'm tired... sometimes that's a few minutes other times over an hour.

Most my reading is done before bed, but any time I'm not at work or the gym, and not watching superheroe cartoons or movies I'm reading...

I read fast but I buy used trades and new at a faster rate then I can even read... let alone rereading my favourites.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

I read something almost every day.

I get most of my monthlies by mail, so I'm always behind, but I'll bust out 3-4 issues a night usually. If I run out of current stuff before next months shipment arrives, I have more than enough old material (collections, etc) to hold me over.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Retired

Some people travel the world to find themselves; during the pandemic, I find myself reading old comic books, almost every day!

I pick up my new single issues once a month, so.....once a month? But I read graphic novels during that month in-between comic shop visits so probably more like daily/every few days.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

When I collect them - so.... once a month or so I guess.
    I find I read very few of my back issues anymore.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Retired

I can't see myself during a pandemic going to get physical copies in a comic shop. They're super hard to walk through in the best of times. Maybe if I was the Elongated Man and I could stretch my arms into the store, while the rest of my body remained at home.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Usually every other day.

Currently I am reading Carey's X-Men run and once I am done with that I am going to start Tomasi's Tec' run and Bendis' Superman run

I only read comics twice a week. Once for three days, the other for four.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

I find myself talking more about it than actually reading it
    I only reopen the books if I don't remember something

I read all the time. As I have stated on here before I am a caretaker for my disabled father so I am home pretty much all the time. I hated leaving the house and had a hard time with it before Covid. I have not been out of my house in three weeks right now. I also use comics as an unhealthy way to deal with my mental health disorder. So I read every day. Some days it is an issue or two. And somedays it is like today where I have read 21 issues and still have some time to read more before the end of the night. I get one a huge tear when reading and I keep a comic book journal so I can write about what i read and what I thought of the stories and how they made me feel when I read them/ Most of the people who know me on here know that I love my Golden age DC and Silver age Marvel. But I have been all over the place reading Future State, The New 52, Marvel, Dc, Walking dead. Thank got for Marvel Unlimited and my friend who has a huge collection and I have a pretty good one myself. So it is not uncommon for me to read ten or more issues a day.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

^ ^ ^

Do you get current comics via mail order, or from a LCS?
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES