Page 34 of 86 FirstFirst ... 243031323334353637384484 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Bendis as the main writer of the Black Canary/Green Arrow romance is certainly going to be a take

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    Interesting line up.

I actually like most of the line up, glad to see Green Arrow and Canary back together in a book. I would guess that if that is Hippolyta and Black Adam (hard to tell with Shading if it’s Shazam or not) that this has something to do with Endless Winter.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    I don't see Diana herself there, so Hippolyta is filling her spot? A GL and a Flash are also missing. Wonder if there are reasons for their absences.

Kind of peeved Black Canary's outfit seems to be missing fishnets, but otherwise it looks good. Seems to be based of her pre-flashpoint outfit. The lack of fishnets are a bit of downer though.

Wonder if he'll be repurposing some his plans for Green Arrow from Checkmate/Leviathan.

I kinda get why they would do it, name recognition and all that (even when the sales aren't there) but Bendis on Justice League...are editors and the company line just not that self-aware regarding Bendis on team books? Bendis is pretty far from his New Avengers day, too. He already tanked Young Justice.

And he could barely write that roster so I'm not confident he'll be able to write a 9-man Justice League.

Other random thoughts:

- No Flash or GL? Not that I want Bendis writing Barry "Ca ca poo poo" Allen again.

- Is Black Canary getting a redesign? Back to a leotard but no fishnets? Or have they just not been added in yet? I'm happy about Dinah and Ollie being in the League together, but are they going to ignore what happened to them at the end of the last Green Arrow solo?

- On the one hand, WW losing her League spot to her mother is...weird. But then again, I'm not confident in Bendis writing Diana, although I'm not sure I see him writing a good Hippoltya.

- Billy or Adam?

- Aquaman is still shirtless .

- Naomi is there to obviously push her more. I guess she's the token teenager on the League now.

- Three women is better than most League rosters in the past.

Spectacular Member

Maybe it's Shazam for this new roster ? I will find strange than Black Adam stay on the team. Same thing for Hippolyta, but maybe it's temporary because WW is gone.
    Well this roster change from the Big Seven, but if it' for Bendis put this creation in the team (Naomi), i'm not entierely convince X). It's sympathic to see back GA and Black Canary in the team.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I kinda get why they would do it, name recognition and all that (even when the sales aren't there) but Bendis on Justice League...are editors and the company line just not that self-aware regarding Bendis on team books? Bendis is pretty far from his New Avengers day, too. He already tanked Young Justice.

And he could barely write that roster so I'm not confident he'll be able to write a 9-man Justice League.

Other random thoughts:

- No Flash or GL? Not that I want Bendis writing Barry "Ca ca poo poo" Allen again.

- Is Black Canary getting a redesign? Back to a leotard but no fishnets? Or have they just not been added in yet? I'm happy about Dinah and Ollie being in the League together, but are they going to ignore what happened to them at the end of the last Green Arrow solo?

- On the one hand, WW losing her League spot to her mother is...weird. But then again, I'm not confident in Bendis writing Diana, although I'm not sure I see him writing a good Hippoltya.

- Billy or Adam?

- Aquaman is still shirtless .

- Naomi is there to obviously push her more. I guess she's the token teenager on the League now.

- Three women is better than most League rosters in the past.
    4 women: Naomi, Hawkgirl, Black Canary, the Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    4 women: Naomi, Hawkgirl, Black Canary, the Wonder Woman
    Oh yeah, even better .

Extraordinary Member

Also, this is Bendis.

He’s going to add at least one more member after the first storyline or two.

I’m so used to Bendis tropes by now.

Also, this is Bendis.

He’s going to add at least one more member after the first storyline or two.

I’m so used to Bendis tropes by now.
    I don't think we need 10 people on a Bendis Justice League.

Extraordinary Member

I don't think we need 10 people on a Bendis Justice League.
    That’s what we said about Avengers.

Look, as long a few people have their own solos too, like Superman, Batman and Aquaman.....then you can expect Bendis to bring his roster up to 10.

Bendis Tropes...never forget!

That’s what we said about Avengers.

Look, as long a few people have their own solos too, like Superman, Batman and Aquaman.....then you can expect Bendis to bring his roster up to 10.

Bendis Tropes...never forget!
    Citing other Bendis team books isn't very reassuring .

Also expect Bendis' signature monlogue writing with giving character the "Mamet Speaking" or "Bendis Speak"
    "The law of victory is set!" - Sento Kiryu/Kamen Rider Build
    "I'll clear this even if it means using continues!" - Kuroto Dan/Kamen Rider Gemm
    "You've been warned. We're taking your treasure!" - Kairi Yano/Lupin Red

Join the fun of Earth-27
    https://earth27.fandom.com/wiki/Earth-27_Wiki

Quote Originally Posted by DragonKent17 View Post
    Also expect Bendis' signature monlogue writing with giving character the "Mamet Speaking" or "Bendis Speak"
    I'm expecting a lot of "WE'RE THE JUSTICE LEAGUE!!!" yelling.

Incredible Member

Are fishnets usually added in in-post? But yeah them missing is a peeve for me as well.