Page 31 of 86 FirstFirst ... 212728293031323334354181 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    Doesn't Jessica Cruz's origin specifically rely on the old CSA and New 52 Power Ring? Is the New 52 Earth 3 and Forever Evil still canon or have they rewritten Jessica's origin already? I get the whole "everything is canon" thing, but this feels a bit odd.
    Perhaps they have changed it a bit, since "Jessica getting the ring of an alternate universe evil Green Lantern before becoming a main universe good Green Lantern" sounds needlessly complicated. The rest of her origin story can be exactly the same with her just being overwhelmed by the GL power ring as opposed to Volthoom's ring. They'll just pretend a portion of Darkseid War went about differently and voila.
    Last edited by Johnny; 12-15-2020 at 03:44 PM.

BANNED

Hypo is right. Plus those tattoo lightning bolts not only match the Black Lightning logo, they also match Johnny Quick's traditional logo.

Only so many lightning logos before they bleed into one another.
    Last edited by SecretWarrior; 12-15-2020 at 08:40 PM.

I guess Johnny killing this Earth's Jefferson Pierce and stealing his lightning powers could be kind of edgy.

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    Doesn't Jessica Cruz's origin specifically rely on the old CSA and New 52 Power Ring? Is the New 52 Earth 3 and Forever Evil still canon or have they rewritten Jessica's origin already? I get the whole "everything is canon" thing, but this feels a bit odd.
    To be honest, I had completely forgotten about Jessica's origin being tied to the CSA or that she started out as Power Ring. Feels like forever ago .

Mighty Member

Anyone know how many titles will release in March ?

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LAWtoyoto 432 View Post
    Anyone know how many titles will release in March ?
    We have no idea. A lot of the recent titles still haven't been given new creative teams announcements. And we are still getting new ones announced.

I wonder if all the John Stewart fans who complain about Lanterns being left out when Hal gets the lead will do the same if the new GL book focuses on John? Probably not, because while some fans like to bluster about looking out for Lanterns like John, Guy and Kyle it is all just ultimately about John not being the main Lantern.

Tribalism is inherent in the fanbase of any legacy franchise. That falls both on the publisher for not utilizing the respective characters better and on the fans for trying to pretend to be something they're not. When most people say they don't mind other legacy characters they usually mean "as long as they're not a threat to my favorite". Unfortunately that will never change, including the fact that whoever happens to be the wheelman the top brass decides to get behind, the other characters will always be in the passenger seat, the backseat or back in the trunk. There will never be equality in a franchise like this because for better or worse it's not built this way. It can't sustain all the characters on the same promotional or creative level. And when fans feel like their favorite is being shafted, they will always react accordingly. In the end all of this is practically irrelevant since the corporations that own these characters don't care about any of that at all. They pick whoever they consider to be the most marketable entities and if they happen to get a good return on their investment, that's the only thing that matters to them.
    Last edited by Johnny; 12-15-2020 at 10:21 PM.

The thing is it is possible to be above that tribalism. Fans pretending that they care about a character when they are only saying that to seem more reasonable when what they really want is for their favourite to be at the top at the expense of other characters is crappy. it just is.

Quote Originally Posted by KC View Post
    The thing is it is possible to be above that tribalism because a fan pretending that they care about a character when they are only saying that to seem more reasonable when what they really want is for there favourite to be at the top at the expense of other characters is crappy. it just is.
    No argument there, but it's just how it is. And I don't mean fans that "pretend" are necessarily selfish or mean-spirited towards other fans or their favorites, they may very well enjoy those other characters too, it's just that people will always put their favorites above all the rest and they will always have an issue with whoever happens to be prioritized more. After all, a franchise like Green Lantern has been structured that way to the point where it really doesn't allow for better development for multiple characters across the board. That problem stems from DC and because of that fans are forced to play with whatever toys they're given. When they don't like specific toys that DC is currently giving them or not as much as others, they will either speak up about it or probably choose to distance themselves from it altogether.
    Last edited by Johnny; 12-15-2020 at 10:19 PM.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Supes book announcement???

supes.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post

supes.jpg
    Possibly? I think they would've announced if the Future State writers were continuing on but maybe he has another DC or Superman book coming out.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Of course its a longshot but I hope that whever continuity DC is going with come March......they actually stick with for a good while...at least 10+ years. I enjoyed the Crime Syndicate during the Forever Evil event and I guess thats been wiped out now.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post

supes.jpg
    Maybe he and Waid split Superman books? That could be a good mix of old and new voices to the industry.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Possibly? I think they would've announced if the Future State writers were continuing on but maybe he has another DC or Superman book coming out.
    Could be he’s getting one of the books. I saw someone hypothesize that the reason DC held back on who would be taking over the Superman books is they didn’t want to overshadow Bendis’ run before it ended. Now that his Superman (although Action still has one more issue) is over, now we’ll get an announcement.