Page 15 of 86 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by km_sus View Post
    Oh really? Didn't hear about this. Should I assume that the unannounced Bendis book is Justice League then?

It makes me wonder where all the big writers for DC from the past few years are? There's no way they've all pushed them to digital only's.
    Which ones you thinking of? Snyder is stepping down from leading the line. He wants to do a Nightwing BL book but other than that he seems committed to his creator owned stuff. Morrison has been done with Big 2 stuff for a while, he only came back to do TGL because Didio convinced him to do it, with Didio gone expect Morrison to go too. He might come back occasionally for the odd BL book but I don’t se whim doing another ongoing again. Rucka is focused on creator owned work. Johns is focused on TV/movies, his first creator owned work in ages, and the Fisher drama. Jurgens is doing Generations and will probably get a book somewhere on the side. Tomasi has his Super Sons digital book. Taylor and Venditti are unknowns.
    Last edited by Vordan; 12-06-2020 at 10:05 PM.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

I’d like to see Venditti on JSA, and maybe an Aquaman or Orion book. Or a relaunched Hawkman. Omg it was so good.

Punchline is writing Action Comics and Harper Row is doing Superman.

Cullen Row is drawing them both, what a workhorse! (Did he get the gig because of his higher profile sister? Probably. The nepotism at DC never ends smh)

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I could too, wonder if it would be Kon or Jon though? Be cool if it was a duo book with both.
    I would honestly love that.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

I just thought of a book for Venditti and Tomasi—Venditti will launch a Dr. Fate book, with Yanick Paquette on art, while Tomasi launches a Spectre book, with Kyle Hotz on art. It probably won’t happen, but I can dream.

Incredible Member

No Batgirl(s)? Or maybe Tynion's unannounced Batbook will be Batman Family Adventures or Batgirls.

So if someone was a fan of Sami Basri's work on Harley Quinn, how to grapple with Riley Rossmo? Basri draws with a crystal clear simplicity; Rossmo draws "detailed" (some might say cluttered) and unconventionally ordered panels. Basri drew a highly expressive Harley Quinn; so far I've only seen Rossmo draw the grotesque. Rossmo's published covers for Future State: Legion are -- a prank? Placeholders?

Is Ram V definitely continuing Catwoman - and, with Fernando Blanco I hope? He is fantastic.

As for JLD, Xermanico is good. But he has tall shoes to follow. I didn't think anyone could top Alvaro Eduardo Martinez Bueno, but Amancay Nahuelpan has been stellar too.

Tamaki's Wonder Woman has left me planning to drop the title. But I guess DC has been impressed enough to hand her Detective? I hope to be pleasantly surprised.

Where is Dexter Soy going to pop up? Surely he has to get a book.

We can safely make one assumption at this point. Anything where a Future State writer continues on in March has been announced, unless the writer wasn't at one of the panels. Anything else hasn't and we'll hear about those in the next few days. So, for example, Sheridan was announced to be doing the Teen Titans book, but not Shazam, so if Billy gets a new book, someone else is writing it.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Yeah, it is probably a safe bet that all Future State teams continuing on to regular books have been announced by now.

As for announcements, to me only Batman/Superman team is a sure bet. With everything else I'll wait to see how the reactions are.

I'll have to agree, with the possible exception of Ridley. Maybe they're waiting to announce his book separately to generate more buzz.
    As with Yara Flor, I think it's to be expected that whoever is Future State Batman gets their own book too.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    I'll have to agree, with the possible exception of Ridley. Maybe they're waiting to announce his book separately to generate more buzz.
    As with Yara Flor, I think it's to be expected that whoever is Future State Batman gets their own book too.
    My only doubt about this is DC calling the future state batman trade "batman by john ridley" and collecting all of his batman work he's been doing including the joker war tie in and the batman black and white issue. Makes me think he's leaving after future state, would love to be wrong though.

Astonishing Member

By the way, I would not be surprised, if he will leave. Ridley, in fact, has lost the most from canceling 5G. At first, he had to write the main ongoing of Batman, and now it is not even clear what they will give him to write, and what they can give him at all, given that the number of titles will decrease.
    And if I'm not mistaken, he's writing Wolverine story for Marvel.

Yeah I just don’t feel like Ridley is going to stay on, it would be great if he was but I feel like he is such a big name unlike some of the other newer names on future state that he just doesn’t quite have the time to write an ongoing book. I see him as the occasional mini-series guy if I’m honest, like he’s supposed to be the big name they drop to catch people’s attention.

And that is not a knock against any other new writer, I am happy to see some new blood and see what they got.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

I think he'll still be involved in DC's future. If he was so hurt about 5G not happening he probably wouldn't even appear in CCXP's panel.

In other news Tom Taylor is still up to something, which according to another Twitter post we will learn this month

https://mobile.twitter.com/TomTaylor...08306670014465
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rakzo View Post
    Gave him enough opportunities on the book.

Didn't work out.
    You're not missing anything.