Page 70 of 86 FirstFirst ... 206066676869707172737480 ... LastLast
Results 1,036 to 1,050 of 1285

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Wouldn’t surprise me if Lee does end up leaving. I’m grateful to him for making New Super-Man happen but otherwise his time as an executive has not been a great one.
    Marvel will be happy if he does that. They put his old covers as variants, they will probably pay him more money than most of us will see on our lives to go make some new stuff for them.

Quote Originally Posted by silverlantern View Post
    Image and Boom have been consistently been putting out great titles the past few years. Upstart companies like Vault and AfterShock are doing pretty well as well. Great comic books are out there but the superhero books are suffering a bit. I will always be a DC fan over Marvel but looking at the other big company they're doing much more interesting stuff with their heroes right now, from Zdarsky's Daredevil, the majority of the new X-men books, Immortal Hulk, and Donny Cates' stuff even though his writing isn't for me most of the time. I just don't see any book on the horizon at DC that's interested in doing radical, out of the box work.
    Jury’s out on the quality, but radical? DC’s status quo seems to be undergoing a massive shift. The Titans are running a school, Jon and Clark may be sharing the Superman mantle with Clark himself becoming more cosmic, Damian is leaving the Robin title, WW is potentially becoming a goddess. It’s familiar but different, like Hickman’s X-Men. How many times have mutants gone off to form their own nation? Yet this time it certainly looks and feels different. A lot of the DCU stuff feels similar to that. Will they match the quality? Probably not, but the vibe is definitely interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Jury’s out on the quality, but radical? DC’s status quo seems to be undergoing a massive shift. The Titans are running a school, Jon and Clark may be sharing the Superman mantle with Clark himself becoming more cosmic, Damian is leaving the Robin title, WW is potentially becoming a goddess. It’s familiar but different, like Hickman’s X-Men. How many times have mutants gone off to form their own nation? Yet this time it certainly looks and feels different. A lot of the DCU stuff feels similar to that. Will they match the quality? Probably not, but the vibe is definitely interesting.
    I was more referring to the era post Rebirth up until now., the past two or three years have been rough across the board. I will agree that Tians Academy is a great hook but let's see how it's executed. The vibe for a lot of these Frontier titles are interesting, which is why I'm more excited than the initial line of Rebirth books, but again it's all about the execution.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    There is a way you can stop it. One of the kickstarters I supported offered the digital/PDF of the issues. You got the issues. Guess what you can't print them. Heck couldn't even save a page.

Now the ONLY reason that book is online now is because of the floppies. So problem is that series would have to be digital only.
    That's good security - but screengrabbing would probably work. Paste into MS Paint, crop out everything other than the artwork, Bob's your uncle.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    And both are now being primed as the "token teens" of their respective Superhero franchises.
    Token teens, really? Ms. Marvel isn't the only MCU teenager - Ironheart's getting a show too, and don't forget how young Spider-Man is. They also seem to be introducing several of the Young Avengers.

As for DC... assuming Naomi and Yara aren't aged up like Supergirl was, that'd be two teenagers. Stargirl is already on TV as well.

In other words, nobody's a franchise token teen.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Token teens, really? Ms. Marvel isn't the only MCU teenager - Ironheart's getting a show too, and don't forget how young Spider-Man is. They also seem to be introducing several of the Young Avengers.

As for DC... assuming Naomi and Yara aren't aged up like Supergirl was, that'd be two teenagers. Stargirl is already on TV as well.

In other words, nobody's a franchise token teen.
    I was more referring to Kamala being the team's token teen member in the cartoons and video games. Naomi might fair the same.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

These solicits basically are telling me "if you're not into the current Superman or Batman, piss off". Like, ok I get it DC no need to be so aggressive!

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    These solicits basically are telling me "if you're not into the current Superman or Batman, piss off". Like, ok I get it DC no need to be so aggressive!
    DC: We hear you, but have you considered trimming your pull list to just Superman and Batman? We were asked to fire more people so we'd prefer if we only had two lines to keep track of until 2022 when we just publish Batman.

Extraordinary Member

I was more referring to Kamala being the team's token teen member in the cartoons and video games. Naomi might fair the same.
    Well ms marvel was not received well in public intro from the video game, but marvel is still committed to her

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by silverlantern View Post
    Image and Boom have been consistently been putting out great titles the past few years. Upstart companies like Vault and AfterShock are doing pretty well as well. Great comic books are out there but the superhero books are suffering a bit. I will always be a DC fan over Marvel but looking at the other big company they're doing much more interesting stuff with their heroes right now, from Zdarsky's Daredevil, the majority of the new X-men books, Immortal Hulk, and Donny Cates' stuff even though his writing isn't for me most of the time. I just don't see any book on the horizon at DC that's interested in doing radical, out of the box work.
    You are absolutely right. Imagine DC only published the titles that have only related with the media and synergy presence. It will not make any difference except copy and paste the core element of the book and media only.

There is a reason why Immortal Hulk, Chip's Daredevil , Hickman's X-Men are selling better than the book with the synergy.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Agreed, same feeling. It will soon be Batman only.
    I feel I am not leaving them, but they are leaving me.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Well ms marvel was not received well in public intro from the video game, but marvel is still committed to her
    Well her introduction in said game was more well received than the game actually was.

Fantastic Member

Not sure about Bendis being given 'Justice League.' Didn't really care with what he did with the 'Superman' titles. His 'Young Justice' was interesting but that 'tone' isn't suitable for the JL. Would had liked to had seen a limited run on the main 'Batman' title, after his miniseries.
    Last edited by Franny6422; 12-20-2020 at 09:03 AM. Reason: Typo

Quote Originally Posted by Franny6422 View Post
    Not sure about Bendis being given 'Justice League.' Didn't really care with what he did with the 'Superman' titles. His 'Young Justice' was interesting but that 'tone' isn't suitable for the JL. Would had liked to had seen a limited run on the main 'Batman' title, after his miniseries.
    Bendis is pretty commonly believed to be a bad fit on team books. Even if one were to think of his impact on The Avengers title, he's far from his writing prime when he wrote that book.

Fantastic Member

Bendis is pretty commonly believed to be a bad fit on team books. Even if one were to think of his impact on The Avengers title, he's far from his writing prime when he wrote that book.
    What do you reckon then' Frontier? Will his Justice League succeed or bomb?

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Yeah, I'd say his best most recent work on a team book was defenders at Marvel.