Page 35 of 86 FirstFirst ... 253132333435363738394585 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Artemisfanboy View Post
    I don't see Diana herself there, so Hippolyta is filling her spot? A GL and a Flash are also missing. Wonder if there are reasons for their absences.
    So is Martian Manhunter, which is odd, as isn't he Hawkgirl's boyfriend?

As for Diana, I assume she's still with Justice League Dark?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Naomi on the Justice League? Seriously? What has she done to deserve that kind of role? It's Bendis so I guess as expected he is just pushing his pet OCs and she is "too good" to slum it with the other teen characters in the dumpster like the Titans, lol.
    Last edited by Badou; 12-16-2020 at 11:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Artemisfanboy View Post
    Are fishnets usually added in in-post? But yeah them missing is a peeve for me as well.
    I'm...not sure.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    Naomi on the Justice League? Seriously? What has she done to deserve that kind of role? It's Bendis so I guess as expected he is just pushing his pet OCs and she is "too good" to slum it with the other teen characters in the dumpster like the Titans, lol.
    No fictional character deserves anything. The closest you get to that idea is characters bringing a book more money.

We've seen teens on the League before, and we can assume Bendis just wants to keep writing/developing a pet character.

Extraordinary Member

It’s happened before with Firestorm, Vixen and Aztek.

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    No fictional character deserves anything. The closest you get to that idea is characters bringing a book more money.

We've seen teens on the League before, and we can assume Bendis just wants to keep writing/developing a pet character.
    Yeah, that's the long and short of it.

I hope Bendis' issues with team books doesn't negatively impact her here.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    It’s happened before with Firestorm, Vixen and Aztek.
    Gavril Ivanovich as well.
    You are my favorite thing, Peter. My very favorite thing.

Teens on the league has never really gone well. Also I just think there are more deserving black female characters like a Vixen that deserve that push more, but writers like Bendis want to push their own original characters because that is where the money is if they can work them into more other media adaptations off the back of it.

BANNED

Teens on the league has never really gone well. Also I just think there are more deserving black female characters like a Vixen that deserve that push more, but writers like Bendis want to push their own original characters because that is where the money is if they can work them into more other media adaptations off the back of it.
    This would not be a surprise. I think he's also interested in pushing new black female characters because of his daughters, who I think are likely around the age of Riri and Naomi.

I saw someone speculate Wonder Woman might not be here because she might be on the relaunched JSA.

Justice League’s gonna spend nine issues fighting Rogol Zaar.

Quote Originally Posted by Adset View Post
    Justice League’s gonna spend nine issues fighting Rogol Zaar.
    Or Leviathan.

This would not be a surprise. I think he's also interested in pushing new black female characters because of his daughters, who I think are likely around the age of Riri and Naomi.
    At least the Noami push wasn't as forced as the Riri one, but I don't think it has anything to do with his daughters. I think he sees how at DC there is a dearth of black female heroes and he sees the opening to push his new pet character into the staring role over using already established black female heroes.

I just think the JL should have fairly high standards for who they let in. Then again Bendis had Harley Quinn sitting at the JL table in one of his issues, but also narratively Naomi being on the JL kind of makes the Titans Academy set up pointless if the JL are overseeing their own teen characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I saw someone speculate Wonder Woman might not be here because she might be on the relaunched JSA.
    Hippolyta on the League and Diana on the JSA feels backwards, but hey the JL needed a shakeup.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Hippolyta on the League and Diana on the JSA feels backwards, but hey the JL needed a shakeup.
    Wouldn't Nubia make more sense? Hippolyta has to rule Themyscira.