Page 3 of 86 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Bendis needs some new books too as he only has Legion now.
    He’s doing something with Marquez. I’ve been thinking it’s Justice League, but we’ll see. We know he’s still writing Superman in some capacity even though he’s not writing the main books.

JL would make sense - it's one book where it doesn't make sense for the Future State writer to stay on, as Williamson was the writer of the Death Metal arc beforehand. It was probably just something for him to do after finishing on The Flash.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Bendis needs some new books too as he only has Legion now.
    He’s supposed to be launching the Checkmate book, and he’s doing an event. Not sure what else he’s doing. Maybe he’s taking over B/S, while Williamson takes over JL.

Mighty Member

Got my eye on Green Lantern and Swamp Thing .
    I've never read Swamp Thing but I've heard great things about it and is one of the few DC characters I'm trying to get into.

With Morrison finishing up on Lantern, I've decided to keep following that end of the universe.
    I would like to see a Hal Jordan book, but I'm not fussed if I don't.
    Either way, I'll be checking out the future state books for both.

Quote Originally Posted by FFJamie94 View Post
    Got my eye on Green Lantern and Swamp Thing .
    I've never read Swamp Thing but I've heard great things about it and is one of the few DC characters I'm trying to get into.

With Morrison finishing up on Lantern, I've decided to keep following that end of the universe.
    I would like to see a Hal Jordan book, but I'm not fussed if I don't.
    Either way, I'll be checking out the future state books for both.
    For Swamp Thing you need to read the Alan Moore run. It absolutely lives up to the hype imo and was Moore’s breakout book. So much stuff came out of that book that became part of the essential DC lore like Constantine, and what happened to Zatanna’s father.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    For Swamp Thing you need to read the Alan Moore run. It absolutely lives up to the hype imo and was Moore’s breakout book. So much stuff came out of that book that became part of the essential DC lore like Constantine, and what happened to Zatanna’s father.
    I may have to check it out, I have a friend who is a huge fan of that run, so I may ask if I can borrow them one day (maybe one at a time).

I may have to check it out, I have a friend who is a huge fan of that run, so I may ask if I can borrow them one day (maybe one at a time).
    There’s also Hoopla if you’re American and have a library card. Moore for Swamp Thing is like Miller for Daredevil: he may not have created the character, but he damn sure shaped the character into his modern form. His origin, how he works including his powers, his supporting cast, his personality and goal, Moore shaped all that to the same extent Miller did with Daredevil.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    There’s also Hoopla if you’re American and have a library card. Moore for Swamp Thing is like Miller for Daredevil: he may not have created the character, but he damn sure shaped the character into his modern form. His origin, how he works including his powers, his supporting cast, his personality and goal, Moore shaped all that to the same extent Miller did with Daredevil.

That's a glowing recommendation, Miller's Daredevil run is one of my favourite all time comic runs.
    And no, I'm not American, I'm from the UK and haven't been to my local library in about 15 years.

Yes. I can’t say it enough, Alan Moore’s Swamp Thing is the definitive Swamp Thing. I’ve yet to read another take that tops his run. And the art!!! is simply divine. Bissette and Veitch are the gold standard for Swamp Thing.

- Excited about Green Lantern because of the creative team and the possibility of John being the star for once.
    - I don't think super-hero school is the best angle for the TT, but I hope the writing is at least decent.
    - Hate the lack of women on that Suicide Squad cover. Hope it isn't indicative of the actual roster as it seems like a big step back after Taylor's diverse cast.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    - Excited about Green Lantern because of the creative team and the possibility of John being the star for once.
    - I don't think super-hero school is the best angle for the TT, but I hope the writing is at least decent.
    - Hate the lack of women on that Suicide Squad cover. Hope it isn't indicative of the actual roster as it seems like a big step back after Taylor's diverse cast.
    This. I basically tweeted this sentiment to Robbie a couple hours ago.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Don't understand why Suicide Squad and Swamp Thing were the only ones to get officially announced and shown with art.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

SyFy claims the books take place after Future State. Could be bad wording/misinformation or could be right idk...

https://www.syfy.com/syfywire/dc-com...ate-new-series

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    I doubt that's the full roster, so I imagine there will at least be some women (hopefully not including Harley) on the team.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Glad John is getting a shot at a solo book, if things are as they sound. I'll give it a look for sure.

Ram V continuing JLD is all I wanted. Xermanico on art? Bonus. Ram V getting Swamp Thing too? I'll definitely check it out.

Keep this momentum, DC.