Page 69 of 86 FirstFirst ... 195965666768697071727379 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,035 of 1285
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by MarFarr View Post
    For curiosity I went to see one of those sites, when you read comments by people reading/stealing you remain speechless. Complaining about everything in the comic issue storyline, one cheekily enough wrote "DC I am done with this crap" as if he bought the comic!!
    And they are into reading comics, lets not fool ourselves.
    TBH there seem to be many people from abroad as well using these sites.
    One comment section was NOTHING but FITS being throw over a woman's hair style. EVERY ISSUE comment section was like that. Odd thing about that book was the trade came out BEFORE the last issue.
    Of course you would not care if Disney just bought that "Alien" franchise and you no longer have publishing rights.

But yeah you see a LOT of comments like that.

Also remember overseas folks have bigger issues in getting those books. They face higher prices and shipping costs.
    Not to mention what Covid has done to many of them.
    They don't have guys rushing the state capital to kidnap the governor over face masks. Like we do.

And for those overseas are there titles that would not be allowed in the country due to content? Like LGBTQA? So would Batman with Grifter backups be allowed? Or a Grifter book? Or a John Stewart centric book?

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    I wonder if DC actually has a plan for Val-Zod since he's on the Infinite cover. New 52 E-2 series gave birth to some interesting characters that deserve to be around more.

That isn't Val-Zod. It's Calvin Ellis, the President Superman of Earth-23.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    I wonder if DC actually has a plan for Val-Zod since he's on the Infinite cover. New 52 E-2 series gave birth to some interesting characters that deserve to be around more.
    The Crime Syndicate mini makes me think that DC wants to make more stories set in the multiverse

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Both are getting TV shows so that’s no surprise lol.
    And both are now being primed as the "token teens" of their respective Superhero franchises.
    Quote Originally Posted by vasir12 View Post
    Interesting choice to not have Yara in the cover of frontier like Tim and Jon.

It's difficult to predict where this initiative is going to go since we have a whole new set of people running DC. An interview made a jab at the notion of rebooting so it's possible DC no longer sees value in the continuity shake ups that Didio kept saying her necessary every chance he got.

Maybe they do still want to replace some of the heroes, but want to be slow about it? Use Future State to give a taste of what works and what doesn't? Maybe I'm reading too into it, but Tim in a full batsuit might be a clue.
    Over on the Superman forum Superlad and I theorized that DC is still moving towards the 5G future. It’s just that instead of Didio dropping us into it with a “f you nerds deal with it” they’re going to do it slowly over time, building towards it.
    There are signs to that and I would be for it, but I'm wondering just how stable DC wants to be with it's timeline now. Would suck for them make changes all for it to go back to basics after a while.

Also wondering if they're going for the "two heroes, one name" thing or are they going to find new roles? If they follow through with it in multimedia it might work.
    I think it's going to be on a case-by-case basis. I can't think they really plan on shifting Gotham into a totalitarian dictatorship or turning Wally into a crazed killer.

Yara is getting a Wonder Girl show so they seem comfortable promoting her as Wonder Girl instead of as Wonder Woman.
    The Crime Syndicate mini makes me think that DC wants to make more stories set in the multiverse
    The Batman/Superman book by Gene Yang seems very Multiverse-oriented.

Another weird thought I had is that it's strange that Jim Lee hasn't tweeted or said anything about the relaunch his company is doing...or has any of his art featured for that matter.

Well I don't expect the storylines to follow Future State. More so, I think DC wants to show readers how some characters would do in the role through FS.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by silverlantern View Post
    Another weird thought I had is that it's strange that Jim Lee hasn't tweeted or said anything about the relaunch his company is doing...or has any of his art featured for that matter.
    I think Jim's role is more focused on the movies and television now since Marie Javins took over as edit in chief, Didio's old role.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    One comment section was NOTHING but FITS being throw over a woman's hair style. EVERY ISSUE comment section was like that. Odd thing about that book was the trade came out BEFORE the last issue.
    Of course you would not care if Disney just bought that "Alien" franchise and you no longer have publishing rights.

But yeah you see a LOT of comments like that.

Also remember overseas folks have bigger issues in getting those books. They face higher prices and shipping costs.
    Not to mention what Covid has done to many of them.
    They don't have guys rushing the state capital to kidnap the governor over face masks. Like we do.

And for those overseas are there titles that would not be allowed in the country due to content? Like LGBTQA? So would Batman with Grifter backups be allowed? Or a Grifter book? Or a John Stewart centric book?
    I doubt that in Europe LGBTQA content won't be allowed? It's only in certain other countries mainly middle east, that they won't be allowed. I doubt there is that flourishing comic community in those countries, exceptions yes but not the rule.
    However I once Chatted with some friends from Brazil it takes ages for a comic to get translated in their language, while European friends told me that even with no covid, books can arrive some 40 days after.

Back to the comments in those sites, really they have no shame

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    I think Jim's role is more focused on the movies and television now since Marie Javins took over as edit in chief, Didio's old role.
    Read that he could be on the way out soon from DC at least from publishing, Its Javins that runs the show.
    Last edited by Goldrake; 12-19-2020 at 05:12 PM.

Wouldn’t surprise me if Lee does end up leaving. I’m grateful to him for making New Super-Man happen but otherwise his time as an executive has not been a great one.

Wouldn’t surprise me if Lee does end up leaving. I’m grateful to him for making New Super-Man happen but otherwise his time as an executive has not been a great one.
    agreed, but I am often under impression that he never really had much authority or influence. He was not cut for that role.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

I mean I always thought he was brought on more as a brand ambassador as that really talented dude everyone likes and is a good face for the company. He never struck me as a leadership type, and he doesn't seem to enjoy it much by the rumors I've heard, but those aren't worth much.

Quote Originally Posted by MarFarr View Post
    agreed, but I am often under impression that he never really had much authority or influence. He was not cut for that role.
    Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    I mean I always thought he was brought on more as a brand ambassador as that really talented dude everyone likes and is a good face for the company. He never struck me as a leadership type, and he doesn't seem to enjoy it much by the rumors I've heard, but those aren't worth much.
    Yeah he seemed to be the “good cop” they paired with Didio, but we never really hear much of what exactly he’s doing. Lee is not at all the guy who seems suited for being CCO, the position of helping others handle and understand DC characters.

Incredible Member

Digital / the shops / the industry / etc etc.

The fundamental problem for me is that the books are just bland disposable pulp. They didnt used to be. But now they are. Its play safe, try and copy marvel, ip, synergy with other media etc etc ... i really dont care. I want new original comic stories i can enjoy multiple times and.. the whole thing is just a pale imitation of what it was.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    truth is always somehow in the middle

Quote Originally Posted by iron chimp View Post
    Digital / the shops / the industry / etc etc.

The fundamental problem for me is that the books are just bland disposable pulp. They didnt used to be. But now they are. Its play safe, try and copy marvel, ip, synergy with other media etc etc ... i really dont care. I want new original comic stories i can enjoy multiple times and.. the whole thing is just a pale imitation of what it was.
    Image and Boom have been consistently been putting out great titles the past few years. Upstart companies like Vault and AfterShock are doing pretty well as well. Great comic books are out there but the superhero books are suffering a bit. I will always be a DC fan over Marvel but looking at the other big company they're doing much more interesting stuff with their heroes right now, from Zdarsky's Daredevil, the majority of the new X-men books, Immortal Hulk, and Donny Cates' stuff even though his writing isn't for me most of the time. I just don't see any book on the horizon at DC that's interested in doing radical, out of the box work.