Page 27 of 86 FirstFirst ... 172324252627282930313777 ... LastLast

I wonder if there was ever any meat to those "Superman and the Authority" rumors? I gotta admit, it's a combo I struggle to see working, but if someone managed to actually pull it off it'd likely be a hell of a book.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I wonder if there was ever any meat to those "Superman and the Authority" rumors? I gotta admit, it's a combo I struggle to see working, but if someone managed to actually pull it off it'd likely be a hell of a book.
    I think some rumors floated that it was Jon and now it's looking like that's the Conner Suicide Squad book.

I just can't see Clark on that book without it being some awful Elseworlds thing. If I'm Bleeding Cool, this is where I start backpedaling until I hit something in the solicits.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    I don't think the Wildstorm characters are at their best in the DCU. They'll never be able to have something of the same scope of Authority or Planetary while in the same universe as the JL.
    Not on Earth. But make them humanity’s hit squad sent to the stars to eliminate potential threats and then you get more freedom to let them do what they want. DC needs some non-GL cosmic teams anyway. Others like Grifter can fit in just fine with the regular DCU.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Well, Midnighter is apart of Superman future state..and a lot of future state ideas are being carried over into the main books in March so I think it's possible for a teamup at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Not on Earth. But make them humanity’s hit squad sent to the stars to eliminate potential threats and then you get more freedom to let them do what they want. DC needs some non-GL cosmic teams anyway. Others like Grifter can fit in just fine with the regular DCU.
    The Authority without real-world parallels and political intrigue would be just a power X-force. Make them go cosmic and lose a lot of what made their great runs work.
    They need their own world so writers can be free to push barriers in more meaningful manners than writing them as a cosmic hit squad. That's exactly my fear regarding having these properties back in the DCU.

Fantastic Member

That should be *every* writer. DC isn't a creator owned content provider, every employee needs to be able to take editorial mandates and work with them.
    Comic creators aren't DC's employees.

Astonishing Member

They finally revealed that Tynion and March project. It's the Joker's ongoing.
    To be honest, I'm disappointed.
    Last edited by Morgoth; 12-15-2020 at 07:14 AM.

Extraordinary Member
    Last edited by Hypo; 12-15-2020 at 07:21 AM.

Joker is getting his own book because of course he is: https://twitter.com/thedcnation/stat...520860674?s=21
    The Authority without real-world parallels and political intrigue would be just a power X-force. Make them go cosmic and lose a lot of what made their great runs work.
    They need their own world so writers can be free to push barriers in more meaningful manners than writing them as a cosmic hit squad. That's exactly my fear regarding having these properties back in the DCU.
    They aren’t getting their own world. Last try was with the Ellis reboot and that’s DOA. Only play the Wildstorm characters will get now is if they’re used in the DCU.

Yes.
    You lose most of what makes the Authority interesting when they're forced to co exist with the mainstream universe. They're just JLA knockoffs for the most part without being able to do anything fresh or interesting with them.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    They finally revealed that Tynion and March project. It's the Joker's ongoing.
    To be honest, I'm disappointed.
    That's why Tynion says stories will be happy (since Joker comics sell good), while part of Internet will be dissapointed.

Ok Tynion just said he’s working on a newsletter that will drop Friday when all the news is out. Solicits are definitely coming on Friday.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    I like the idea of jim Gordon being the protagonist, but don’t like the fact that this is his last hurrah, and definitely don’t like the joker.

Ugh talk about overusing a character. Joker works best when he shows up maybe once a year.

Plus more Punchline? This is a hard pass.

I'm fine with Punchline getting more use but ugghhhh an ongoing is not what you do with the Joker! I blame Todd Philips and all the psuedo-intellectuals that overhyped the the Joker movie
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."