Page 28 of 86 FirstFirst ... 182425262728293031323878 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    I'm fine with Punchline getting more use but ugghhhh an ongoing is not what you do with the Joker! I blame Todd Philips and all the psuedo-intellectuals that overhyped the the Joker movie
    That’s part of it, but honestly this is coming because DC needs the sales and this will sell. Might even be good given Tynion’s horror leanings.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Joker is getting his own book because of course he is: https://twitter.com/thedcnation/stat...520860674?s=21

They aren’t getting their own world. Last try was with the Ellis reboot and that’s DOA. Only play the Wildstorm characters will get now is if they’re used in the DCU.
    They're perfect for new OGNs or digital. Not everything needs to be part of the old direct market.
    Authority's first GNs probably sell way better than most tpbs of DC's current stuff. Couple that with how well AU stuff is seeling digitally, there's tons of unrealized potential with Wildstorm products.

Quote Originally Posted by witchboy View Post
    Yes.
    You lose most of what makes the Authority interesting when they're forced to co exist with the mainstream universe. They're just JLA knockoffs for the most part without being able to do anything fresh or interesting with them.
    Exactly! Having them appear in the DCU has done the characters no justice.
    Midnighter is probably the only exception and I still like his original version a lot better than what we have now.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    Meh, an easy skip for me.

Extraordinary Member

DC's Crime Syndicate: the DC Multiverse Is Reborn, and With It a New Earth-3!
    Writer Andy Schmidt and artist Kieran McKeown will launch DC’s new Crime Syndicate mini-series on March 2 to tell the origin of the evil Justice League from Earth-3!

I can understand DC trying to capitalize on recent Joker financial hits, but this:

tell the origin of the evil Justice League from Earth-3!
    This is just weird, who is asking for CSA origins? And who cares to see another origin story of evil Superman?

Oh wow they’re finally doing this!
    Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    I can understand DC trying to capitalize on recent Joker financial hits, but this:

This is just weird, who is asking for CSA origins? And who cares to see another origin story of evil Superman?
    Well... me? I’ve always wanted an Earth 3 ongoing. And Ultraman is hilarious, I hope it’s Johns Kryptonite snorting version.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post

Idk, I thought an Earth 3 series would be more interesting than the Injustice trite/melodrama Taylor and DC have been shoveling out for years.

The cover is cool, but are you telling me that these jerks are having a comic, while JSA is still in the dust? WTF?

Extraordinary Member

https://twitter.com/TomTaylorMade/st...96214641676288

Tom Taylor says his next DC project with Bruno Redondo will be announced this week.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post
    The cover is cool, but are you telling me that these jerks are having a comic, while JSA is still in the dust? WTF?
    Solicits aren’t over yet. And there may still be some surprises given nobody knew this was coming.

Spectacular Member

Well it's a unexcept choice, i have not thought we will have new stories on the Multiverse. But if it can the premice fot other mini who tell origins or stories of characters in Multiverse, Why not ?!

Some re-designs are sympathic or strange (A Flash in mode Gangasta ? With tatoo and gold chains ?XD )

I mean it’s only a mini-series and if the idea is exploring more of the post-Death Metal multiverse it could be fun. A limited dose of CSA compared to an ongoing is fine by me.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Extraordinary Member

Can't say I'm a fan of the new designs/costumes - think the previous iteration looked better.

I'm going to ignore the Joker book forever but an Earth 3 book has my interest. It's good that DC is still making more out there books after the firings.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by vasir12 View Post
    I'm going to ignore the Joker book forever but an Earth 3 book has my interest. It's good that DC is still making more out there books after the firings.
    See I actually don't think it's an "out there" book, evil justice league seems right in the same wheel house as a Joker book.