Page 4 of 86 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    SyFy claims the books take place after Future State. Could be bad wording/misinformation or could be right idk...

https://www.syfy.com/syfywire/dc-com...ate-new-series
    Probably bad wording, books happening after FS would be contrary to everything we have bean hearing about this event/relaunch.

Extraordinary Member

Xermanico teaser for JLD:

Alright so let’s get a brief rundown real quick of what we know for March as on right now

Justice League Dark by Ram V and Xermanico

Suicide Squad by Robbie Thompson and Eduardo Pansica

Teen Titans Academy by Tim Sheridan and Rafa Sandoval

Green Lantern by Geoffrey Thorne and Tom Raney

Swamp Thing by Ram V and Mike Perkins

Two Batman books by James Tynion

And possibly Wondergirl by Joelle Jones (it got announced with the CW show but it’s kind of waivered back and forth on being official or not)
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Alright so let’s get a brief rundown real quick of what we know for March as on right now

And possibly Wondergirl by Joelle Jones (it got announced with the CW show but it’s kind of waivered back and forth on being official or not)
    Titans are really trying to trick me with bringing in Red X and having Rafa Sandoval on art, but the Future State title is giving me too much pause. Titans Academy could be interesting but I think it'll depend on how this team handles their bleak ass Future State book.

Green Lanterns? yes. love it, love to see it, need it in my life.

I'll give JLD a peek but I fell off the current series a while back. i've seen lots of excitement around this one.

I really want that Wonder Girl title to happen (and it probably will)

everything else is kinda wait and see for me
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

So far nothing really excites me. But nothing really annoys me either.

Maybe I'm gonna check the Swamp Thing comic. The truth is, the character I'm actually curious about are Superman and Hawkman, the rest don't much concern me.

Fantastic Member

I feel sorry for DC. Another step forward to oblivion. These create teams lack energy and sparkle. Tom Raney? That guy is far from his prime days. Titans given to a random guy? Pansica? Where is the big relaunch?

Tbh, at this point I'd rather have people I haven't heard of than the same 5-6 people DC has been using for the past couple years.

Only title that doesn’t excite me is yet again, Titans. Sheridan did a decent job with the movies he wrote, but the Future State status quo for the Titans sucks. If the main plot of the series in the present day is going to be preventing that future, and it’s actually good then I’ll give it a try. But it’s not really grabbing me.
    Quote Originally Posted by madmodpoetgod View Post
    I feel sorry for DC. Another step forward to oblivion. These create teams lack energy and sparkle. Tom Raney? That guy is far from his prime days. Titans given to a random guy? Pansica? Where is the big relaunch?
    Who exactly do you think they should be getting? The same couple of guys they’ve been using since the 90s? You gotta try new talent out at some point mate, especially now when the old guard of Johns/Rucka/Morrison/Snyder is on their way out or already is out. You gotta take chances. Some of these books are going to flop, some of them will be great but won’t sell, but a few might catch fire the way Donny Cates did for Marvel. DC has desperately needed new blood for a while now and we’re finally getting it. I’m excited precisely because it’s not just the same old handful of names we’ve been seeing for ages.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

The co-writer for immortal wonder woman says he has a big announcement at the wonder woman future state panel today, could he and Becky Cloonan be taking over the main title in March? https://twitter.com/michaelwconrad/s...50411205386241

For anyone keeping up, the panels today for future state is a Wonder Woman panel and a new talent shocase. I expect we'll get the new Wonder Woman creative team, a Yara Flor ongoing and possibly a Nubia book.

Because of the endless winter creative team teasing black adam having a big focus this year, I could see the character getting a title announced today as well.
    Last edited by DragonPiece; 12-05-2020 at 10:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    The co-writer for immortal wonder woman says he has a big announcement at the wonder woman future state panel today, could he and Becky Cloonan be taking over the main title in March? https://twitter.com/michaelwconrad/s...50411205386241

For anyone keeping up, the panels today for future state is a Wonder Woman panel and a new talent shocase. I expect we'll get the new Wonder Woman creative team, a Yara Flor ongoing and possibly a Nubia book.

Because of the endless winter creative team teasing black adam having a big focus this year, I could see the character getting a title announced today as well.
    I really hope so. Tamaki’s run is doing nothing for me, and I’m tired & irritated that DC has let Diana’s book be mediocre for so long. if we are getting a new team I pray they do a good job, IWW sounds interesting at least.

There is also a Batman and Superman panel tomorrow, so I have a feeling that we are going to see a good deal of announcements this weekend.

https://comicbook.com/dc/news/dc-com...xp-panel-date/
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

There is also a Batman and Superman panel tomorrow, so I have a feeling that we are going to see a good deal of announcements this weekend.

https://comicbook.com/dc/news/dc-com...xp-panel-date/
    Seeing if John Ridley writes anything after future state and who takes over superman/action comics is what I'm most interested in honestly.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Only title that doesn’t excite me is yet again, Titans. Sheridan did a decent job with the movies he wrote, but the Future State status quo for the Titans sucks. If the main plot of the series in the present day is going to be preventing that future, and it’s actually good then I’ll give it a try. But it’s not really grabbing me.
    Yeah, I'm hoping the actual Titans book is more Titans and less...Future State.
    Seeing if John Ridley writes anything after future state and who takes over superman/action comics is what I'm most interested in honestly.
    Maybe Ridley gets 'Tec and it's Batman and Luke/Tim Fox? Tynion doesn't seem to be getting replaced.

Astonishing Member

But the Future State is still just a possible future, not the main canon, they themselves repeated this several times. This status quo will not come anyway, I very much doubt that they would let that many characters be killed in the main canon. Especially when DiDio is gone.
    Maybe Ridley gets 'Tec and it's Batman and Luke/Tim Fox? Tynion doesn't seem to be getting replaced.
    Tamaki writes Detective Comics for Future State, and she wrote a story for 'Tec # 1027, which proved to be quite important. I guess she might take 'Tec. I hope I'm wrong, of course.

you can watch a live stream of the wonder woman panel here, it's live now: https://collider.com/how-to-watch-cc...s-live-stream/