Page 41 of 86 FirstFirst ... 3137383940414243444551 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Any chance that's Nubia, not Hippolyta?
    I'm hoping it's Nubia, slim chance but a girl ca hope.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post
    Well he said that after Death Metal, he would be focus in his independent work, so JSA will be probably safe from him.
    First time to see a Dc relaunch with no Johns, Snyder & King. Sad to say none of the the new writers excite me.

Quote Originally Posted by kf26 View Post
    First time to see a Dc relaunch with no Johns, Snyder & King. Sad to say none of the the new writers excite me.
    King is still working in Batman/Catwoman, Roschard and Strange Adventures.

And I think that I read somewhere that Johns is working in a sequel of three Jokers.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, they're bad guys, so may as well put them in a lineup.

Is Superwoman taller than Ultraman?
    Who is Superwoman these days? The last time she was Lois.

Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
    Who is Superwoman these days? The last time she was Lois.
    Donna Troy

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Avi View Post
    Donna Troy
    Well colour me shocked.

Quote Originally Posted by OopsIdiditagain View Post
    Weren't Star Girl and Jakeem teens on an Adult team too?
    2000s JSA, yeah. Both were literally newbies - Courtney's second solo issue, Stars and S.T.R.I.P.E. #1 (it started with an issue #0) carried an advert for JSA #1, and she was in the team from the start. So, she joined almost immediately after becoming the Star Spangled Kid! Jakeem, of course, had his origin later in that series.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I have never seen anyone call Hippolyta "Poly" .
    That's because it's spelled wrong lol. She was referred to as Polly in JSA, as has already been shown.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    Hippolyta and Black Adam(?) being on the potential new JL team seems to be carrying over from Endless Winter ...although I thought that was supposed to be a self-contained event that we wouldn't have to care about, but I guess we have to now.

Outside of Endless Winter, it makes sense to start building on Black Adam (if that is Black Adam) what with his movie,, but I thought he would get a mini/maxi or share a book with Shazam; not be on the Justice League ...has there ever been a villain/antagonist on the main roster of the league.

I'm also gonna assume that while Bendis wants to write Green Lantern and Black Canary, that maybe we shouldn't expect a Green Arrow or a Birds of Prey book anytime soon but I could be jumping the gun.
    The rock in potential billion dollar movie, it’s been a slow build but we got the next new Harley Quinn it seem

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    The rock in potential billion dollar movie, it’s been a slow build but we got the next new Harley Quinn it seem
    You can throw the "potential billion dollar movie" chance out the window with that recent HBO Max news.

Spectacular Member

I know we are still getting Taylor, Willamson, and Bendis announcements but this is really interesting thing DC is doing going with all these lesser known creators on some of these books. I know some of it is financially motivated perhaps, but it's nice to see one of the Big Two decide to promote some younger talent and see if they can find any new superstars amongst the talent pool.

Unfortunately, it's hard to be that excited about any of the announcements so far as we haven't read Future State and a lot of these creators don't have that much work we can refer back to and judge them on. Not every one of these picks will work out but I admire DC trying, whether its what they would prefer to do if they were fiscally where they'd like to be. But am I surprised that Waid didn't get a Superman ongoing or that Snyder/King weren't put on one just as a sort of sure thing? Yeah, I am.

Astonishing Member

I guess it's Nightwing.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    I guess it's Nightwing.
    He'd probably be good at that - Nightwing needs a creator who would, as the kids say, "Stan Him", and that's very Taylor.

I'm a bit surprised we haven't seen Mark Waid on any of the big titles, he really did seem to be coming over.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    I guess it's Nightwing.
    That would be great.

Extraordinary Member
    Last edited by Hypo; 12-17-2020 at 07:04 AM.