Page 51 of 86 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dioman-san View Post
    No, Not Robin ! Why a title Robin, and not JSA X)
    No Not the JSA! Why not something I read! Hope Williamson gets Damian though disappointed to see that he seems to not be Robin.

The power of nostalgia is strong in comicfanboys I guess.

Well here's hoping Damian finds as much or close to as much success as Dick and Jason post Robin

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

I think Aquaman might not get a series. It looks like those group shots show the DCU moving forward.

We have the Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman family variant covers. Then there is the poster that shows the DCU overall. We have the Flash, GL, Teen Titans, Shazam and Suicide squad on the left and Justice League on the right.

Epc4RbYUUAMOQjL.jpg

I dont see Aquaman or Green Arrow doing their own.thing on there except for with the JL on the right.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Fantastic Member

Where are all the superstars? Who would start buying Flash or Green Lantern for newcomers of authors or dated artists like Tom Raney or Brandon Peterson? This lineup seems like a failure to me.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by madmodpoetgod View Post
    Where are all the superstars? Who would start buying Flash or Green Lantern for newcomers of authors or dated artists like Tom Raney or Brandon Peterson? This lineup seems like a failure to me.
    And what superstar are you referring to exactly?

Amazing Member

Does anyone know who the orange guy at the back of the Suicide Squad is?

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    Surely you don't have the FULL sales figures. Taylor's biggest business is vis digital. Some issues of his SS went to 2nd printing[according to DC Nation] so yeah it was well received
    First issue had a 2nd print, but from then onwards it dropped to 20k average.

At this point the superstar label is overrated. Unless they're writing a Batman title it doesn't matter, names alone don't boost much anymore. At least not at any sustainable level.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

With tomorrow being solicit day, it doesn’t like much else to announce. I wonder what we would have gotten before all the layoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    With tomorrow being solicit day, it doesn’t like much else to announce. I wonder what we would have gotten before all the layoffs.
    Yeah
    Sadly I think they'll only announce Bendis's JL, which we all know about already.

No LOSH, Supergirl, Batgirl, JSA, Aquaman etc.
    The new line-up isn't terrible, but there are few books besides WW that really feel like a big step up.

Not surprised Bloodsport is back but this is his first appearance in how long?

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    If this turns out true then Superman and Action Comics might the only DC books I checks out.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Yeah
    Sadly I think they'll only announce Bendis's JL, which we all know about already.

No LOSH, Supergirl, Batgirl, JSA, Aquaman etc.
    The new line-up isn't terrible, but there are few books besides WW that really feel like a big step up.
    LoSH seems weird since they just relaunched it and had them in Future State...

I guess because Supergirl, Batgirl, and Aquaman weren't selling very hot by the time they ended they are putting them on break or in other books.

But there's no excuse for no JSA book.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    I think Aquaman might not get a series. It looks like those group shots show the DCU moving forward.

We have the Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman family variant covers. Then there is the poster that shows the DCU overall. We have the Flash, GL, Teen Titans, Shazam and Suicide squad on the left and Justice League on the right.

Epc4RbYUUAMOQjL.jpg

I dont see Aquaman or Green Arrow doing their own.thing on there except for with the JL on the right.
    I want to believe that's because Aquaman and Green Arrow/Black Canary have their own books coming. The Aquaman movie and Arrow were popular enough in media adaptions that it feels really weird that they specifically aren't going to benefit from corporate overlords getting more involved.

Though if that means Felicity Smoak worming her way into Green Arrow's corner instead of staying in Firestorm's, then Ollie can stay cancelled for a while longer as far as I'm concerned.

Holding out hope for Aquaman/Aquaman and Mera, Green Arrow and Black Canary, Justice Society of America and a Shazam book. I'll take any three, but no fewer! Come on, no whammies!

A justice league led by green arrow? How the heck did THAT happen?

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Bendis loves Green Arrow and the idea of Ollie going form begging them to let him on the team to ordering them around is amusing to me.
    I’d love to know how he gets Hippolyta and black Adam to sign up.