Page 53 of 86 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MarFarr View Post
    Fully agreed, but not if the book slept for a while.
    She has managed to put it on the right track, she broke from the pattern of the merry go round that at times limited the Aquaman storytelling. She leaves lots of potential for NEW future story paths to be taken, that don't go back to the usual ones(he loses the throne etc)
    She leaves a jewel, Andy, that if developed well could be a powerhouse.
    Now if the book ends, I fear that all that would be wasted. Maybe I am scarred by the sword of atlantis type experience, but I fear some sort of reboot that would discard all that she achieved. I don't know if I explained myself well on this.
    I'm trying to figure out where "Andrina" comes from.

I'm expecting the return of the king of the sea by at least 2025.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I almost want to say since the 90s. I don’t think he’s popped back up in decades. I’m glad to have some Superman Rep on the Squad, got really old being the Batman & Flash show all the time.

That’s Toyman, the Schlott version. He was supposed to be part of Bendis’ Checkmate follow up to Leviathan, and it looks like that’s still happening.

https://twitter.com/phillipkjohnson/...282340353?s=21

Johnson is definitely hinting pretty hard that Steel is going to be playing a role in what’s coming. Happy about that, I missed Irons. Pie in the Sky dream is he gets an ongoing or mini with Priest writing again.
    That’s what I thought, but wasn’t sure. Will Superman or junior be facing toy man? And what’s he doing in checkmate?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    who is gonna write JL?
    Brian Michael Bendis.
    Does that mean that half the time the team members will be sitting around the table for Taco Tuesday or 4:00 high tea or something and just talk, talk, . . . talk?

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

The whole "Mera kills Arthur in a rage because he doesn't respond well to her being pregnant" was kind of dumb.
    Oh, it was. I never said the run was perfect.

Fully agreed, but not if the book slept for a while.
    She has managed to put it on the right track, she broke from the pattern of the merry go round that at times limited the Aquaman storytelling. She leaves lots of potential for NEW future story paths to be taken, that don't go back to the usual ones(he loses the throne etc)
    She leaves a jewel, Andy, that if developed well could be a powerhouse.
    Now if the book ends, I fear that all that would be wasted. Maybe I am scarred by the sword of atlantis type experience, but I fear some sort of reboot that would discard all that she achieved. I don't know if I explained myself well on this.
    Oh, I want it to keep going, but as a whole the run was strong enough and ended at a solid place to conclude the volume if it happened. I personally wish she kept going because all the pieces were in unique places and I wanted to see what KSD would do with them. Alas, this isn't the Aquaman thread.

Going forward, I am hopeful we'll see more Aquaman in March.
    Last edited by Robanker; 12-17-2020 at 06:33 PM.

Yeah, that definitely looks like Damian and Talia.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

I'm surprised Talia gets to be involved with the bat books since it looked like Bendis had a hold on her with the event levithan stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    I'm surprised Talia gets to be involved with the bat books since it looked like Bendis had a hold on her with the event levithan stuff.
    I'll never forget Superman actually taking Talia to jail...although she was out quicker than her dad was out of Arkham.

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    That’s what I thought, but wasn’t sure. Will Superman or junior be facing toy man? And what’s he doing in checkmate?
    Nah Schlott decided to give being a hero a shot, and took an offer to go work for the “good guys” after Superman managed to persuade him that he should. I don’t think he’ll be a villain but we’ll see, it depends on what the plans are for Checkmate.
    Hm. A Damian series? That kinda feels small time for someone like Williamson after his Flash run.

. . . Hm. A Damian series? That kinda feels small time for someone like Williamson after his Flash run.
    But that does position him in the Bat-verse again, and that could maybe lead to an eventual slot writing either Batman or Detective Comics?

LoSH seems weird since they just relaunched it and had them in Future State...

I guess because Supergirl, Batgirl, and Aquaman weren't selling very hot by the time they ended they are putting them on break or in other books.

But there's no excuse for no JSA book.
    No need for an announcement if it isn't relaunching. We could just be getting LOSH #13 by Bendis - with only one minor change, that being Superboy no longer being on the team (instead, it could be where Kara ends up).

Nah Schlott decided to give being a hero a shot, and took an offer to go work for the “good guys” after Superman managed to persuade him that he should. I don’t think he’ll be a villain but we’ll see, it depends on what the plans are for Checkmate.
    When was that? It's interesting, because in the Supergirl TV show, Toyman was killed off, and his namesake son took over the mantle - as a Legionnaire. And you're saying Toyman is currently a good guy in the comics too?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Hm. A Damian series? That kinda feels small time for someone like Williamson after his Flash run.
    I dunno, I don't think writing the son of Batman is "small time" unless we're talking about Damian's height.

And Robin is one of the most iconic names in superheroes. Even if Damian isn't using the moniker in March, Dick Grayson and Jason Todd can attest to the sticking power of the mantle. Writing a Robin is pretty decently high profile, I'd say, even if the character isn't using the name at the moment.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    The less characters Bendis has a hold of the better probably. He's kind of been a train wreck, especially with that Leviathan stuff.

Apparently I’ve missed something; toy man a hero? Quite a far cry from his child killer days.

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    Apparently I’ve missed something; toy man a hero? Quite a far cry from his child killer days.
    It was in one of the post-Superman identity reveal one-shots Bendis created. If I recall it was Superman: villain or something to that nature. Either way apparently learning who Superman was got Toyman (Not Hiro) to reconsider his life a little and then he was going to be in the now unsure of what is happening to it Checkmate book that Bendis was to write as a follow up to leviathan.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.