Page 83 of 86 FirstFirst ... 33737980818283848586 LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,245 of 1285
    Spectacular Member

Strange Quote. Do you think it can be a clue than Jon will be de-aged ? Personally i will not be surprise if he became a young boy again in the months who coming.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dioman-san View Post
    Strange Quote. Do you think it can be a clue than Jon will be de-aged ? Personally i will not be surprise if he became a young boy again in the months who coming.
    Phillip Kennedy Johnson has said that he won't be doing that as he thinks it's disrespectful to come onto a book and immediately undo what the previous writer has done.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Listened to Williamson’s interview on TCC podcast. Some cool bits of info there, like the Flatline character apparently being Lord Death Man’s “Robin” lol.
    It's hard to listen to that podcast and not think how great it is Williamson has such a big role working in the DCU right now. He really does remind me of geoff johns, being that guy that just knows what works and doesn't work in the universe. The way he described the one shot is exactly what I wanted to here, I'm hopeful it does energize readers about DC again the same way the rebirth one shot did.
    Last edited by DragonPiece; 02-03-2021 at 04:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    It's hard to listen to that podcast and not think how great it is Williamson has such a big role working in the DCU right now. He really does remind me of geoff johns, being that guy that just knows what works and doesn't work in the universe. The way he described the one shot is exactly what I wanted to here, I'm hopeful it does energize readers about DC again the same way the rebirth one shot did.
    Not seeing that happening especially with the reduced number of books. Rebirth buzz was felt even before the one shot. Maybe fans are holding back from experience, after all Rebirth started out well and turned to be a disappointment especially when Didio screwed it.

Listened to Williamson’s interview on TCC podcast. Some cool bits of info there, like the Flatline character apparently being Lord Death Man’s “Robin” lol.
    I didn't think of the connection, but can now totally see it .

Quote Originally Posted by MarFarr View Post
    Not seeing that happening especially with the reduced number of books. Rebirth buzz was felt even before the one shot. Maybe fans are holding back from experience, after all Rebirth started out well and turned to be a disappointment especially when Didio screwed it.
    I was a bit annoyed too at the reduced number at first, but it's clear DC is just going for a slower relaunch. Getting new books each month, where they take the time to get the character right and give time for the artist is a lot better than getting rushed books just so everything comes out at the same time.

I was a bit annoyed too at the reduced number at first, but it's clear DC is just going for a slower relaunch. Getting new books each month, where they take the time to get the character right and give time for the artist is a lot better than getting rushed books just so everything comes out at the same time.
    wished I have your same conviction. Still it does not make sense launching it with a one shot and certain books won't be around. If they had been around at least from the relaunch they would get a boost as Rebirth gave most titles. Now if they publish them lets say 3/4 months after, that buzz will start to fizzle out by then,
    Its more probable as some I have pointed out they don't have enough editors and staff for all those books especially if other layoffs are on the way.
    Last edited by Goldrake; 02-03-2021 at 06:28 PM.

He made me read 100 issues of Barry Flash which I didn’t do before. I like him, I think he’s solid and enjoyable. And unlike Tynion who can somehow come off as Snyder Lite at his worst (although he’s massively improved from Rebirth onward to the point he’s one of my favorite writers at DC) Williamson has always felt like his own writer. I’m excited for Infinite Frontier but I’m kinda baffled he’s not writing JL.
    Quote Originally Posted by MarFarr View Post
    wished I have your same conviction. Still it does not make sense launching it with a one shot and certain books won't be around. If they had been around at least from the relaunch they would get a boost as Rebirth gave most titles. Now if they publish them lets say 3/4 months after, that buzz will start to fizzle out by then,
    Its more probable as some I have pointed out they don't have enough editors and staff for all those books especially if other layoffs are on the way.
    We’ll see but when they launched everything all at once with the New 52, it didn’t really work out that well in the long term.

He made me read 100 issues of Barry Flash which I didn’t do before. I like him, I think he’s solid and enjoyable. And unlike Tynion who can somehow come off as Snyder Lite at his worst (although he’s massively improved from Rebirth onward to the point he’s one of my favorite writers at DC) Williamson has always felt like his own writer. I’m excited for Infinite Frontier but I’m kinda baffled he’s not writing JL.

We’ll see but when they launched everything all at once with the New 52, it didn’t really work out that well in the long term.
    I don't know if you saw this already, but Snyder implied in a newsarma interview after death metal 7 came out, that Infinite Frontier was going to be a ongoing series at ome point and not just a one shot. I imagine that'll be the big story dealing with whatever threat gets revealed in the book and possibly the totality team.

I don't know if you saw this already, but Snyder implied in a newsarma interview after death metal 7 came out, that Infinite Frontier was going to be a ongoing series at ome point and not just a one shot. I imagine that'll be the big story dealing with whatever threat gets revealed in the book and possibly the totality team.
    I did see that! Makes sense for Williamson to handle the new “Totality” team given he worked closely with Snyder during the lead up to Death Metal, and now Snyder is basically handing over the DCU to Tynion and Williamson. I 100% agree that one of the books he’s writing is probably an Infinite Frontier ongoing with the Totality team exploring the new Multiverse. Talia being on there too would help tie in with his Damian ongoing.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    Phillip Kennedy Johnson has said that he won't be doing that as he thinks it's disrespectful to come onto a book and immediately undo what the previous writer has done.
    It's ... a good point to respect the work of other writers. Personally i would do the same thing. But i am not entirely convince to not de-aged Jon.
    1- Because it's a decision who dont' have the majority approbation of the readers

2- If we take the reasonnement of Johnson. Bendis have been direspectful to Tomasi and Jurgens to have aged Jon Kent ?

Quote Originally Posted by Dioman-san View Post
    It's ... a good point to respect the work of other writers. Personally i would do the same thing. But i am not entirely convince to not de-aged Jon.
    1- Because it's a decision who dont' have the majority approbation of the readers

2- If we take the reasonnement of Johnson. Bendis have been direspectful to Tomasi and Jurgens to have aged Jon Kent ?
    PKJ has been pretty clear on podcasts he's been on that de-aging Jon just isn't happening, you should check out the superman sub-section. A lot of us have heard his plans for the books and have posted about them there.

Astonishing Member

If we take the reasonnement of Johnson. Bendis have been direspectful to Tomasi and Jurgens to have aged Jon Kent ?
    This is not a matter of respect, the author does not have to fully rely on what was written before him if he has other ideas, that's not how DC and Marvel work.
    Regarding PKJ, this is obviously an excuse, the decision about Jon was made primarily by the editorial and they decided to keep him that way, most likely because they want to try to invest in teenage Superman.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    This is not a matter of respect, the author does not have to fully rely on what was written before him if he has other ideas, that's not how DC and Marvel work.
    Regarding PKJ, this is obviously an excuse, the decision about Jon was made primarily by the editorial and they decided to keep him that way, most likely because they want to try to invest in teenage Superman.
    We've already got one, Conner. He's been a teenage superman since his creation in 1993 the writers and editors on the Super books should be working to give him his new identity instead of trying to artificially develop Jon