Mighty Member

Default Walking Dead Deluxe

Is anyone else picking this up?
    I missed out if collecting the first time as I don't really like to start a comic in the middle of a story (and I was 8 when the first issue originally came out) and I lost track with the graphic novels so I jumped onto this rather quickly.

I'm liking the colours, it does bring new life into the series, and the insights at the back are always fun to read, I like the commentary given for each issue.

It's fun to see it in color, but I prefer black and white, as it was intended.

Mostly I like the commentary, and a chance to revisit those older issues. It's been a while since I've read them.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

I’m enjoying reading them again. I don’t think I’ll get the whole thing but it’s nice to see them with the commentary too.

I have them all (issues #1-10) and plan to buy them all. Currently, I own the 4 Compendiums, along with the Here's Negan and The Alien HC. I'll probably dedicate a short box just for the Deluxe!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Morsoth View Post
    I have them all (issues #1-10) and plan to buy them all. Currently, I own the 4 Compendiums, along with the Here's Negan and The Alien HC. I'll probably dedicate a short box just for the Deluxe!
    I have the first few trades, but I fell off it after a while.
    Honestly, after reading the actual reasons why the comic was black and white, it feels like the colour is how it's meant to be read.

I currently have 1-9, but my subscription with all my comics comes at the end of the month, so I should be getting 10/11 then.

So this is the actual issues reprinted in color, in order, with commentary? I have the whole thing in the original hardcover collections but would be nice to see how they got the colors to work. Cause the b&w was perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    So this is the actual issues reprinted in color, in order, with commentary? I have the whole thing in the original hardcover collections but would be nice to see how they got the colors to work. Cause the b&w was perfect.
    Correct on all counts. I believe the commentary is some of the material that was supposed to be in The Cutting Room Floor project that never happened.
    My comicartfans.com collection. Lots of Ryan Ottley:
    http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryD...asp?GCat=49719

Invincible universe wiki (work in progress):
    http://invincibleuniverse.wikia.com/..._Universe_Wiki

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by capuga View Post
    Correct on all counts. I believe the commentary is some of the material that was supposed to be in The Cutting Room Floor project that never happened.
    I wonder if, when Deluxe is finished, Kirkman will release Cutting Room Floor in some big hardback?

I'm just picking up a few issues that I don't have from the original series.
    Pull List: Barbaric,DC Black Label,Dept. of Truth,Fire Power,Hellboy,Saga,Something is Killing the Children,Terryverse,Usagi Yojimbo.

Kind of in a weird spot. I've bought every issue so far and part of me wants to drop it but another part knows if they get all the way to 193 (I have doubts it will make it, and if so how many years is that going to take even with 2 issues per month) I will regret not buying them...

Incredible Member

I honestly only plan to get the first 10 or so issues. I was only interested in seeing how the color helps the art in showing which character was which. In those early issues, it was kinda hard to tell some characters apart especially if they were just standing around in the background after Charlie took over art duties.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Witch View Post
    Kind of in a weird spot. I've bought every issue so far and part of me wants to drop it but another part knows if they get all the way to 193 (I have doubts it will make it, and if so how many years is that going to take even with 2 issues per month) I will regret not buying them...
    They've said it'll take 8 years.
    I think they will get there, I don't think it costs that much to out them out and when they started, they said they already have over 100 issues coloured. The only thing it will cost now is printing costs and any royalties that go out.