Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mighty Member

Default Walking Dead Deluxe

Is anyone else picking this up?
    I missed out if collecting the first time as I don't really like to start a comic in the middle of a story (and I was 8 when the first issue originally came out) and I lost track with the graphic novels so I jumped onto this rather quickly.

I'm liking the colours, it does bring new life into the series, and the insights at the back are always fun to read, I like the commentary given for each issue.

It's fun to see it in color, but I prefer black and white, as it was intended.

Mostly I like the commentary, and a chance to revisit those older issues. It's been a while since I've read them.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

I’m enjoying reading them again. I don’t think I’ll get the whole thing but it’s nice to see them with the commentary too.

I have them all (issues #1-10) and plan to buy them all. Currently, I own the 4 Compendiums, along with the Here's Negan and The Alien HC. I'll probably dedicate a short box just for the Deluxe!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Morsoth View Post
    I have them all (issues #1-10) and plan to buy them all. Currently, I own the 4 Compendiums, along with the Here's Negan and The Alien HC. I'll probably dedicate a short box just for the Deluxe!
    I have the first few trades, but I fell off it after a while.
    Honestly, after reading the actual reasons why the comic was black and white, it feels like the colour is how it's meant to be read.

I currently have 1-9, but my subscription with all my comics comes at the end of the month, so I should be getting 10/11 then.

So this is the actual issues reprinted in color, in order, with commentary? I have the whole thing in the original hardcover collections but would be nice to see how they got the colors to work. Cause the b&w was perfect.