Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Aegis View Post
    I loved seeing Ares in the MU! I enjoyed reading the Mighty Avengers and Dark Avengers. He was a force! Loved that he was Hercules main enemy. Hated that he was killed in Siege, thought it was completely dumb and strictly for the sake to show how powerful Sentry was, but I really felt that Ares could have defeated him…he is the God of War after all. And I was hoping to see his return in the pages of the HERC series, but it was cancelled before it could happen

Hoping someone great writer will bring him back in the near future along with Hercules!!
    I totally agree, loved when they brought him on Mighty Avengers as a Wolverine and a Thor.

Spectacular Member

Bringing this back up. Haven't seen one mention of Ares in the SW series or tie-ins. Disappointing.

All-New, All-Different Mighty Roman's Avatar

I'm a big fan of Ares too (as you can tell by my avatar). Plus, his appearance was the inspiration for my username. It was disappointing when he was killed again during Chaos War. Also, apparently Ares was originally going to be resurrected in Uncanny Avengers as the Horseman of War, until the Sentry was bought back as Death instead.
    Currently Reading in Single Issues/Trades:
    Marvel:Hulk (NOW), Ant-Man (NOW), Avengers: Time Runs Out,
    DC:Earth 2, Superman: Earth One, The Flash,
    Titan: Doctor Who: The Tenth Doctor, Doctor Who: Four Doctors,
    Upcoming:
    Secret Wars: Planet Hulk, The Last Days of Ant-Man, House of M,
    Marvel:Totally Awesome Hulk, Astonishing Ant-Man, Carnage,
    DC:Earth 2: Society,
    Titan:Doctor Who: The Tenth Doctor Year 2, Doctor Who: The Eighth Doctor,
    Co-Editor of CBR's Age of Marvel Amazing Line

Spectacular Member

I hate how he went from being one of the coolest characters in the MU to being killed off. Hoping he shows up in SW and beyond.

Protector of Mortals Prof. Aegis's Avatar

Sweet! Ares is back in Contest of Champions 2!! The first few pages look intriguing and exciting! They appear to be picking up where Ares was last left in Elysium. Hopefully he'll be brought back into the MU full time and not just for an issue or two only to be killed off again. He's a freaking Greek God.
    The Doors of Wisdom are never shut! - Benjamin Franklin

It's about time Ares was brought back! Such a great character.
    Currently Reading: DC: Shazam /// MARVEL: Daredevil, Invaders, Winter Soldier /// IMAGE: Seven to Eternity /// TITAN: Bloodborne

Upcoming Reading:

Trade Waiting: IMAGE: East of West, Black Road, The Black Monday Murders /// DARK HORSE: Hellboy, Witcher

I'm very excited to see Ares again. I wish that Marvel would pair him with a great creative team that actually likes/appreciates the character.
    Attached Images Attached Images

...and I want to see more about the love life of Ares.

I don't know if he is a "Casanova" or just another loser .
    ares.jpg
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Ares is another character I liked a lot, and i HATED HATED HATED how he died, people kept saying he would be back but I was getting tired of waiting.
    What's with the cheap superman clones brutally killing all the characters I like? I'm starting to hate them all already. (Looking at you Sentry and Hyperion)
    I'm SO glad he will be finally back! Can't wait to learn more about it.

BANNED

Sigh, how I wish he'd just come back. Oh well, let's just hope that he shows up in Herc's new series.

Quote Originally Posted by Darthkostis View Post
    Sigh, how I wish he'd just come back. Oh well, let's just hope that he shows up in Herc's new series.
    Was it not teased back in Chaos War too?

Ares needs to come back. An anti-hero/villain with loads of potential imo. Needs to return asap!
    Currently Reading: DC: Shazam /// MARVEL: Daredevil, Invaders, Winter Soldier /// IMAGE: Seven to Eternity /// TITAN: Bloodborne

Upcoming Reading:

Trade Waiting: IMAGE: East of West, Black Road, The Black Monday Murders /// DARK HORSE: Hellboy, Witcher

Quote Originally Posted by Of Atlantis View Post
    This was a great series.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Of Atlantis View Post
    Was it not teased back in Chaos War too?

Ares needs to come back. An anti-hero/villain with loads of potential imo. Needs to return asap!
    Dunno, TBH. I barely even remember Chaos War. Truth be told, we need a new Dark Avengers title. Doom, Ares, Namor, Ghost Rider, Moon Knight, all the bad-asses banding together to fight the battles that the boy scouts won't. But also not comitting genocide like a certain other team... Having Ares somehow end up in Hades' realm (dunno how and why, just do it) and trying to retun back to the Elysium Fields/Earth would make for a great story.

Or heck, give me a Secret Avengers team with Bucky leading it and Ares being the bruisher. Honestly, Marvel's too preocupied with stuff like Spider-Gwen to bring back the "darker", more mature books. You'd think that Bucky would've at least had better luck with him being a movie star and all.