Default Kharn the Betrayer vs Batman (comics)

Setting: An empty cityscape

Scenario: They each have to take each other out at some point. They can withdraw/choose opportune time to attack (probably only one of these two will be doing this) but they have to give a real try to attack at least once a day or they're disqualified.

Does Bruce prevail or does Gorechild feast?
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

Does Batman get to use one of his Anti-Supers Armours?

In this case no
    -Stephen McCranie

Ugh, i'm not sure what Batman can do to stop Kharn without using JLA level tech. Kharn is a beast, he's the incarnation of an unstoppable force. Without comic book supertech i dont think Batman has anything that could overwhelm Kharn's armour, durability and healing factor. Kharn is incredibly strong and fast as well, killing Space Marines by their hundreds and even Living Saints arent safe from him. Perhaps some kind of paralytic could be created, or Batman could find a way to hack the armour's machine spirit. I'm not sure what else except Artillery level weapons would even scratch the Betrayer.

I don't doubt that Batman can stealth up on Kharn in these circumstances, it's just the problem of what he can do via stealth attack that would actually do something of meaning to the guy.

Considering the insanity that a standard space marine, nonetheless the force of bloodied destruction that calls itself the Khârn the Betrayer, can handle, I don't see Batman prevailing unless he has some major prep, gear, and allies.

I feel like I've forgotten how much stronger Kharn was than a normal Space Marine. How much would the odds change if it was a normal SM?
    -Stephen McCranie

This scenario essentially gives Batman a more or less free stealth ambush on his opponent, so it comes down to what you think Bats could to do a normal SM with free stealth ambush.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Postmania View Post
    I feel like I've forgotten how much stronger Kharn was than a normal Space Marine. How much would the odds change if it was a normal SM?
    depens on the order. using the Ultramarins as a standard bats might still in for nasty surprise in terms of skill and speed.

my knee jerk reaction is probably not, armor's too good and all enclosing, has vision enhancements for IR/UV ranges, full on respirator, etc.

Then the Astartes himself has all the implanted goodies, he's near immune to gases and virtually all normal toxins thanks to the multi-lung and Oolitic Kidney implants, can't be disoriented due to the Lyman's-Ear, has rapid healing via the Belisarian Furnace, etc. Honestly he's probably immune to most of Bat's general utility belt things inherently even without the armor.

Kharn's basically a curbstomp, he's more a force of nature than soldier and about the highest you get with Chaos foces short of becoming a full on Deamon prince, he's the guy Abaddon essentially points in the enemies general direction while keeping his army a safe distance back and calling it a Black Crusade

Mighty Member

Didn't Kharn kill 1 life of Saint Celestine, i think such a monster is far above Batman's pay grade with typical equipment.

Kharn has killed TWO Living Saints, Celestine and Lozepath

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    Kharn has killed TWO Living Saints, Celestine and Lozepath
    Good to know, but is Saint Lozepath as powerful as Saint Celestine?

there really isn't another Saint on par with Celestine, but Lozepath is typically regarded as weak for a Saint, though that still makes him relatively powerful. I just find it amusing that Kharn's killed multiple Saints, something that no other Chaos unit can claim.