0 0%
  • Tom Cotton

1 3.45%
  • other

8 27.59%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    I certainly agree that the Democrats are going to have a clear nominee.

If Biden is healthy and popular, it's tough to run against an incumbent.

If Biden decides not to run for another term in his early eighties, Harris unites too many sections of the party to face much opposition, even before taking into account the electoral record of Vice Presidents and former Vice Presidents.

I don't intend to vote for Trump Jr. I'm just pointing out that he's rumored to be trying something that gives him a platform he can use to run for office later.

It is worth noting that Trump came close in 2020. A one percent swing would have given him Wisconsin, Georgia and Arizona. If it weren't for COVID-19, he would easily be running as the steward of a strong economy. But if things had gone a little differently, if he wasn't a rage-monster in the first debate, or if the news of multiple vaccines had come out a month earlier, that could have been worth one percent in swing states.

I'll note tariffs are a bad idea, but it does seem to poll well. Immigration restrictions and limited foreign intervention remain on the table for the next Republican candidate, and these remain relatively popular issues, especially if there's someone with more restraint than Trump.
    If the Republican Party knows what is good for them, they'll keep Don Jr. shrink wrapped in the back of the warehouse, he's too unbalanced.

Trump did come close, but the election had a record turn out, which means there are currently more Democrat voters than Republican voters in the United States...this is not surprising though, urban centers always outnumber rural areas.

As for tariffs, now that your Party has inherited the white working class, it will be interesting to see which of these policies, if any, the next GOP candidate continues to implement to keep them happy(Economic nationalism, immigration, foreign policy)

The problem being of course, that white collar Republicans tend to hold complete opposite views on these issues than blue collar workers, so...I imagine the struggle within your party will continue.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The no face guy View Post
    If the Republican Party knows what is good for them,
    Now that it's been taken over by Q-Anon dingbats, I'd say that's no longer a concern.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Trump daddy will win if he's not dead by then or in jail. He's got a solid base and something drastic will have to happen for that to disappear.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by seismic-2 View Post
    Now that it's been taken over by Q-Anon dingbats, I'd say that's no longer a concern.
    Well...now that Trump has let the fruit cakes run amongst, the challenge for the Republican Party will be to stuff them back in the genie bottle.

You simply cannot win an election having anti vaccers, Qanon anti government militila men, and racist xenophobes running amock.

Normal people see them on tv, and run for the hills, who wants to be associated with that.

Trump will run just because he can't let go of things. But he's done, he served his purpose. And by his running, that eliminates all other Trumps from consideration.

Rubio and Cruz will run. And not get the nomination because they ... just won't.

Going to pick a dark horse - Greg Abbott. Its probably time to get back to basics, and that means a Texan for the GOP.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Well...now that Trump has let the fruit cakes run amongst, the challenge for the Republican Party will be to stuff them back in the genie bottle.

You simply cannot win an election having anti vaccers, Qanon anti government militila men, and racist xenophobes running amock.

Normal people see them on tv, and run for the hills, who wants to be associated with that.
    Normal people, sure, but for right wingers and conservatives who liked the crazy Trump brought to the table, they’ll be hungering for more insanity.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Astonishing Member Timothy Hunter's Avatar

I suggest a rematch between Trump and Hillary.

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy Hunter View Post
    I suggest a rematch between Trump and Hillary.
    In a MMA cage.

The 2024 Republican candidate will most likely be someone we never heard of or never guessed would win the primary. It's possible it could be Trump if he's alive and in any condition to run. If these four years have proven anything, it is that the ignorance and stupidity of a major portion of Republican voters knows no limits.
    Power with Girl is better.

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Will Charlie Kirk be old enough by then? Cannot find his age on Wikipedia, but I guess he is at least 19?
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    The 2024 Republican candidate will most likely be someone we never heard of or never guessed would win the primary. It's possible it could be Trump if he's alive and in any condition to run. If these four years have proven anything, it is that the ignorance and stupidity of a major portion of Republican voters knows no limits.
    He's gonna look pretty silly running with those Depends on. #DiaperDon
    MAGNETO was right,TONY was right, VARYS was right.

Proud member of House Ravenclaw and loyal bannerman to House Baratheon

"I am an optimist even though I am told everything I do is negative and cynical" --Armando Iannucci

I hope he runs again. He'll paralyze the GOP & he'll be a complete mega-huge toxic douche bag. <laughing & laughing>

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Tulsi Gabbard's recent anti-choice and transphobic stances seem to signal ... something.

Maybe she will switch parties, maybe she will start her own.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Mighty Member

I think the more interesting question is...."Who will be the Democratic nominee in 2024 as

1) Due to his age Biden will most likely only run one term.

2) The Republican Party is in a bit of a mess right now, despite the popularity of right wing nationalism (I doubt they will be able to get it together for a win in 4 years) ...so odds on a Democrat for the win.

My vote goes with Kamala Harris, she'll inherit the Biden/Obama team and administrative staff...probably the best person for the job going forward.

I think the more interesting question is...."Who will be the Democratic nominee in 2024 as

1) Due to his age Biden will most likely only run one term.

2) The Republican Party is in a bit of a mess right now, despite the popularity of right wing nationalism (I doubt they will be able to get it together for a win in 4 years) ...so odds on a Democrat for the win.

My vote goes with Kamala Harris, she'll inherit the Biden/Obama team and administrative staff...probably the best person for the job going forward.
    I don't think the question of the Democratic nominee is that interesting. Unless Biden chooses to run again in his eighties, Harris is the overwhelming favorite. She'll likely have some token opposition from the left (Nina Turner will probably be in Congress) but it won't be enough given Harris' multiple advantages (favorable media coverage, sky-high name recognition, establishment support, a lock on African-American support, groundbreaking reputation as the first woman elected to national office.)
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets