Page 97 of 258 FirstFirst ... 478793949596979899100101107147197 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,455 of 3858

Finally got caught up with the latest issue. Reading everything in bulk was a good idea.

I really enjoyed this story arc and I can't wait to see what this creative team has in store for the next arc. I feel that they've got a good handle on Diana's character, what she represents and the magical world as well. Sigfried is one of the better love interests that Diana has gotten in recent years.

Also, the back ups were great. Is there going to be more or this all we are going to get of Young Diana?

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Finally got caught up with the latest issue. Reading everything in bulk was a good idea.

I really enjoyed this story arc and I can't wait to see what this creative team has in store for the next arc. I feel that they've got a good handle on Diana's character, what she represents and the magical world as well. Sigfried is one of the better love interests that Diana has gotten in recent years.

Also, the back ups were great. Is there going to be more or this all we are going to get of Young Diana?
    779 should be the last one for Young Diana, Vita Ayala will be doing a Bana-related backup starting 781.

Thanks for the clarification.

It looks like the WW extended supporting cast is being built back up brick by brick.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Doing an interview with these two for WW’s 80th anniversary for Comic-Watch, so be on the lookout for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Doing an interview with these two for WW’s 80th anniversary for Comic-Watch, so be on the lookout for that.
    Nice. Please ask them to talk about the purple lasso, where did the idea come from, why did they think they needed it in the story (I quite liked the use of it).

Could you also ask them to release the script for issue 772. I would love to understand their collaboration with Travis Moore.

Will the interview come out this week?

Id want to ask if they plan to do anything with the Holliday girls, except I don't really see a means of them quite fitting into this narrative.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Nice. Please ask them to talk about the purple lasso, where did the idea come from, why did they think they needed it in the story (I quite liked the use of it).

Could you also ask them to release the script for issue 772. I would love to understand their collaboration with Travis Moore.

Will the interview come out this week?
    Setting things up. Not sure of the release schedule, but I’ll post a link to it as soon as it’s published.

I’m also trying to get an interview with Lynda Carter for Comic-Watch as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Mittens View Post
    Id want to ask if they plan to do anything with the Holliday girls, except I don't really see a means of them quite fitting into this narrative.
    Yeah I would love for that to happen but I doubt it.

Afterworlds is going to make one helluva a trade! https://wondabunga.blogspot.com/2021...d-cloonan.html
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Apt summary. I still think calling Janus transgender is fully misguided. Janus is a siamese twin.

I didn't know you cherish the Mod Era so much. I've only read a couple stories. You even say that post Mod is when we were heading in a golden age direction, could you elaborate on that?

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Setting things up. Not sure of the release schedule, but I’ll post a link to it as soon as it’s published.

I’m also trying to get an interview with Lynda Carter for Comic-Watch as well.

Looking forward to these interviews!
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

https://www.comichron.com/monthlycom...1/2021-08.html

WW in the 31k range. Not sure what DC’s long term plans are, IF isn’t bringing in the sales so will there be another linewide relaunch next year?
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

It's inevitable.

I hope they do it after they get all their ducks in a row and not abruptly.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Apt summary. I still think calling Janus transgender is fully misguided. Janus is a siamese twin.

I didn't know you cherish the Mod Era so much. I've only read a couple stories. You even say that post Mod is when we were heading in a golden age direction, could you elaborate on that?
    Firstly, Alpha, ..THANK YOU, for reading Wondabunga.

The Mod Era returned Wonder Woman to her Golden Age, pulp-inspired roots, as a roving adventurer.

The Mods also redefined her, as a superheroine, outside of World War II and working for the US Government (through Col. Steve) and battling Nazis. Writing out WW's costume, losing her super-powers and killing off Steve Trevor forced writers, Denny O'Neil and Mike Sekowsky, to craft stories, villains, situation AND supporting characters around a new, independent Diana, whose choices and actions would ultimately define who she was, as a woman and an Amazon. Mod Diana, divest of her Olympian powers, determined to carry her Amazon ideals of championing compassion, justice and freedom ..into whatever dark, fearsome or strange, faraway places, they were threatened - what being Wonder Woman is all about.

In the Mod Era, Wonder Woman was no longer a costumed angelic benefactor, glorified for championing our American causes. Freed from the uniform, her Olympian powers, soldier boyfriend and World War II, Diana Prince fought for her own ideals, declaring her own purpose, through her heroism.

These editorial decisions shaped what was becoming a second Golden Age, the reworking of Wonder Woman's context, which became the Mod Era! All of that went out the window, when a wise, young Latina, from Arizona, became Wonder Woman on TV ..and brought Wonder Woman to life, in a way that would shape the comic book's editorial destiny, for decades. The Mod Era died in little sparks, on Lynda Carter's firecracker bracelets, and the feminist luster of all of that marvelous, new independence ..cooled, a bit. In the comics, Diana went back to working for men (pretending to, anyway) and being a symbol of Western cultural and military supremacy, ..and the second Golden Age never got to finish, and here we are.

Brian Azzarello and Cliff Chiang tried to do something, like a second Mod Era, with the new 52, ..but, Brian was so agonizingly slow, telling a story, that all he did was make us mad, at him.

Thank you for asking my opinion, Alpha.

So...I think Conrad, Cloonan and Moore are bringing that Mod Era independence - Diana, being commander of a small circle of loyalists - and wild, Golden Age adventure, back. We'll see.
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 10-05-2021 at 05:41 AM.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Re the Mod Era: Any run that has Diana proclaiming she doesn’t even like women is an automatic fail.

I will never let that go unremarked.
    “You see…the rest of them are soldiers. But [Wonder Woman] is an artist.”

I only support the made of clay origin.