Page 36 of 258 FirstFirst ... 263233343536373839404686136 ... LastLast

I mean it's said that the Amazons have many people around Asian and middle eastern. In one comic the Amazon are said to come from turkey. So I wouldn't be surprised if they just picked up a few of the Greek culture

What Diana needs is her own Editor because clearly these editors don't care

DC seems to be planning something with Wonder Woman, Superman, and Batman according to Bleeding Cool;

Bleeding Cool has learned from sources that DC Comics is to publish a trilogy of books based on the DC Trinity, with Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman. And which will then spin off into a number of new comic book projects, setting up much of the central DC Comics universe going forward. Maybe this could be seen as something like the Earth One graphic novel line, but with an impact on the other titles? That's just speculation, however.

I wonder if this is what Conrad was getting excited about.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    I wonder if this is what Conrad was getting excited about.
    I still suspect that was for one of the WW-related Round Robin books.

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Poor Diana. Once again trapped between those 2. I can only imagine the end results. They have to look better than her. In terms of brain, skills, powers. So i can only imagine what they will do this time around, to through her under the bus yet again.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

I wonder if it's a set of books showcasing each of them in their early careers in the new timeline aka World War II? This could lead to other heroes in that time period also getting books like Flash(Jay), Alan), Dr. Fate, the Hawks, JSA, & All-Star Squadron. Wishful thinking, I know........
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post
    Poor Diana. Once again trapped between those 2. I can only imagine the end results. They have to look better than her. In terms of brain, skills, powers. So i can only imagine what they will do this time around, to through her under the bus yet again.
    When was the last time you were happy about the state of Wonder Woman?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    I wonder if it's a set of books showcasing each of them in their early careers in the new timeline aka World War II? This could lead to other heroes in that time period also getting books like Flash(Jay), Alan), Dr. Fate, the Hawks, JSA, & All-Star Squadron. Wishful thinking, I know........
    That timeline went out the door with Didio.

I mean, I've soured on Diana being friends with Clark and Bruce too but shouldn't we wait and see 'till we have more than a paragraph from a Bleeding Cool article.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    Guess is as a good as any at the moment. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    When was the last time you were happy about the state of Wonder Woman?
    Before the new 52 started.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    I mean, I've soured on Diana being friends with Clark and Bruce too but shouldn't we wait and see 'till we have more than a paragraph from a Bleeding Cool article.

Guess is as a good as any at the moment. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Trackrecord tells me i don't need to wait. There is enough evidence to suggest i shouldn't hold my breath expecting anything great, based on how they usually treat her character and lore.

Before the new 52 started.
    Wonder Woman Odyssey?

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Wonder Woman Odyssey?
    That was like a mini event that i don't care much about. Post Crisis was not perfect. But overall, it wass better than what we currently have IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    That timeline went out the door with Didio.
    Yeah they haven’t really done anything with Diana being the “first” hero have they? Even the JSA movie spoilers:
    doesn’t feature Earth 1 Diana
    end of spoilers. Feel like that idea got abandoned.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Yeah they haven’t really done anything with Diana being the “first” hero have they? Even the JSA movie spoilers:
    doesn’t feature Earth 1 Diana
    end of spoilers. Feel like that idea got abandoned.
    Anthology stuff does WW2 stories but I think that's about it.

It doesn't even seem like the plan to prop her up as the inspiration for the JSA is going to matter much.