Page 252 of 258 FirstFirst ... 152202242248249250251252253254255256 ... LastLast
Results 3,766 to 3,780 of 3858
    Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Oh man I heard about Yara's interactions with Billy, they are as bad as I hear

Okay I don't think Yara is in any position to pull rank on anyone considering she hasn't even been on the job for a full year. I'm also not sure why they are treating Billy like a total greenhorn who's never experianced true struggle.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post

Okay I don't think Yara is in any position to pull rank on anyone considering she hasn't even been on the job for a full year. I'm also not sure why they are treating Billy like a total greenhorn who's never experianced true struggle.

How exactly is she pulling rank?

Because Yara is new and Billy has been doing this for few years. WW talking him down would make some sense, but Yara? No, it is just an awkward scene.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post

Between this and her distaste for the Wonder Girl name, Yara is really starting to get on my nerves.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Guy_McNichts View Post
    Absolutely everything is wrong with this and it is in general just crazy how Trial of the Amazons was not nearly the lowest point of this run, at this point Tom King somehow starts to look like he might be the only possible hope for Wonder Woman, Tom King the guy who wrote the terrible rehash of a Superman and Wonder Woman story with Batman instead

I didn't like that Batman/WW story by King, but in his defense he was writing Batman book and to some extent it is understandable that making Batman look cool takes priority and other characters might get portrayed badly to achieve this goal. But this here is people writing WW and thinking that this somehow makes her cool or profound or whatever else.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Because Yara is new and Billy has been doing this for few years. WW talking him down would make some sense, but Yara? No, it is just an awkward scene.
    She knows what she's talking about though. She's the daughter of a god, she's been to Olympus and had to fight her way out of it.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    I didn't like that Batman/WW story by King, but in his defense he was writing Batman book and to some extent it is understandable that making Batman look cool takes priority and other characters might get portrayed badly to achieve this goal. But this here is people writing WW and thinking that this somehow makes her cool or profound or whatever else.
    He didn't make Batman cool in that either :P

Quote Originally Posted by Largo161 View Post
    Yikes! Between the preview panels and the response on this forum, I haven’t been able to bring myself to read the last two issues.

[Insert Tyra Banks gif—“I was rooting for you (Cloonrad). We were all rooting for you!”]
    It's really not as bad and the board is making it out to be. It reminds me a lot of Wonder Woman: Blackest Night and I like that story. Anyway they won me over with the art and all the costume changes.

WW ALT REVENGE OF THE GODS.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    Between this and her distaste for the Wonder Girl name, Yara is really starting to get on my nerves.
    There's a fine line to walk with a cocky, sassy, and dismissive young adult character and Yara is walking a tightrope.
    Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    She knows what she's talking about though. She's the daughter of a god, she's been to Olympus and had to fight her way out of it.
    Yeah, but she's both dismissive of his experience and his intelligence which isn't necessary or accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    There's a fine line to walk with a cocky, sassy, and dismissive young adult character and Yara is walking a tightrope.

Yeah, but she's both dismissive of his experience and his intelligence which isn't necessary or accurate.
    This version of Shazam acts more like a kid and doesn't seem to have the wisdom of Solomon like Captain Marvel did.

Incredible Member

This version of Shazam acts more like a kid and doesn't seem to have the wisdom of Solomon like Captain Marvel did.
    Yeah, he's written as incompetent and unsure when that whole Wisdom of Solomon thang should really be addressing that. Waid said he'd be addressing that in his upcoming run, though.

I like this run overall, but this crossover is so disjointed it's hard to take seriously. Particularly that line about fearing she's not human. I mean, come the bleep on. I'm so tired of this shtick. So so so so tired when the freaking alien with sun god powers gets to be considered more human than Diana or the freaking billionaire so far removed from the social determinants of health and crime that I just can't. Hire someone capable of a critical thought or analysis of this character, DC, please and thank you.

Another writing problem. But calling him "brainless muscle" is just patently rude.

I hope Mark Waid's revamp does Billy justice.

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by masterwitcher88 View Post
    We still have a few more issues to go, so don't count them out just yet.
    Isn't next issue the last for this team? King is supposed to start with issue 800 right?

I hate to see Cloonrad go. Never before has the Wonderverse had so many limited series, oneshots and crossovers. They weren't afraid to go big.